Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help in writing song lyrics.

SuddenSleep

Hi, umm...before i proceed, i want to tell you what happened. I have interested  to music since i was in  high school. Then, one day, i was thinking, i always hear and enjoy others' song. why not, if i create my own and enjoy it myself. When i read their lyrics, i feel, wow! how do they write the song?.  ok, this is the real thing i want to ask...can anyone give me guides to write lyrics,please? Right now, i am stuck in a very long holiday and i feel bored. :mellow:

Just let it flow, then proceed to edit until you become satisfied with it. The hardest part is getting the rythm and harmonies down, if any. As long as you stay true and make yourself happy, you're golden. Writing lyrics is a difficult process, one that requires time and effort. You have to be serious, and stick through it. Good luck bro!

• Brohoof 1

For example, starting at 1:07 after the silence -

All these long nights I wait... to come slip through your dreams.

If on-ly to see... what lies in store.

The next lines could end rhyme with dreams and store, or just with store. You have allot of options.

And it always seems

Like we've done this before

Dancing in a charade

Living in this masquerade

Please just please

Come back to me

And I'll forget all

And we'll both take the fall

Just please, please come back with me

And then you edit as you see fit. Synonyms, feels, rhymes, melody, harmonize, etc etc. Simple, yet freaking hard.

• Brohoof 1

Writing music is deceptively hard, but easy enough to get into. What kind of music do you want to write? I rap, but allot of the same strategy applies, just start doing it.

Here is an instrumental:

Just start putting words to the melody. Start simple, and make it more complex.

What do you want the lyrics to be about?

its about sad moment,love and happy

People love a story, so think up a couple of generic characters, and have them act out a little scene. Think about Frozen's 'Snowman.'

i've tried that...but when i read back what i write...it sounds not too good :(

I wouldn't be able to help you at all there. I'm more of a heavy metal person.

oh, it's alright then . thank you   :)

Just let it flow, then proceed to edit until you become satisfied with it. The hardest part is getting the rythm and harmonies down, if any. As long as you stay true and make yourself happy, you're golden. Writing lyrics is a difficult process, one that requires time and effort. You have to be serious, and stick through it. Good luck bro!

ok, thank you for your support my friend  :)

And it won't at first. Songcraft is a skill, it is difficult. You are taking your thoughts, and trying to graft them to someone else's soul. That is not easy. It is rewarding though. It took me a solid year, practicing an hour a day every day, to be able to rap.

Edit: An hour minimum, some nights I spent 12-16 hours practicing.

wow! that takes a long time....i never expect that before.

Ok guys, thanks for the explaination. I'll give it a try again  :)

okay, i'm jumping into this. i can't believe i never saw it before. writing songs is my specialty. i have been waiting for somepony to bring it up. so let's begin. 

Sad song, you say? about love and happiness? well, i may not be able to help with the happiness part, but i won't know unless i know more about the situation. If you don't mind me asking, what caused you to want to write a song like this?

• Brohoof 1

Writing music is deceptively hard, but easy enough to get into. What kind of music do you want to write? I rap, but allot of the same strategy applies, just start doing it.

Here is an instrumental:

Just start putting words to the melody. Start simple, and make it more complex.

using this instrumental, i've come up with this:

I don't know where i am going

or even what i'll do

all i know is what we've been through

and i'm still missing you

Though our love is bent and broken

just know i think of you

every night i feel them coming

but the tears never come through

I thought i would tell our story

to those who didn't know

but you left me standing hopeless

with nowhere else to go

you don't know but this is hardest

when my heart is what you stole

you're my light inside the darkness

you're my one and only goal 

you don't love me like i love you

but that's okay with me

for the tears in my eyes show

that your beauty's all i see

you've been gone and it's all over

though in my mind i'm not so sure

since we both are growing older

i feel there's something more

you have told me to forget you

since you've forgotten me

but i fear i can't let go yet

it's not who i can be

you feel hate and i feel anguish

like we come from different worlds

like we speak a different language

but i've let my wings unfurl

i spread my wings and take to the skies

and leave the past behind me

but hidden behind all the lies

you're always there to guide me

like the sun behind the rainclouds

i know that you're still there

i hope that you'll be back soon

i hope that you still care.

• Brohoof 2

okay, i'm jumping into this. i can't believe i never saw it before. writing songs is my specialty. i have been waiting for somepony to bring it up. so let's begin. 

Sad song, you say? about love and happiness? well, i may not be able to help with the happiness part, but i won't know unless i know more about the situation. If you don't mind me asking, what caused you to want to write a song like this?

well, it's a long story and i feel a bit shy to tell you :blush:  but if you don't mind, i simplify it.

ok, i usually imagining when i free.(i always be the main character) so,for one moment,i was imagining a departure between me and the female character(my fav pony) after a final battle between our forces and the evil forces. in the end, i perished in front of her.

that is why  want to write a song due to the scene.

Song-writing works differently for different people.  Personally, I go with the lyrical piece first, but that's because I'm poet-minded.  For anyone who's looking for help, my best advice is this:

http://youtu.be/B_3-MA3A44M?t=18s

B)

thank you so much for that! Nice vid. by the way, i like the story when i was a kids. it is so classic  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I have always written lyrics so my advice is just write down your feelings about anything, and then try putting a melody to it, if the words fit, great but usually it takes a while to make everything complement each other, just tell me if you need help with anything and i promise ill get back to you