Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Oldest of Mane 6? Rarity?

Cirrus.

We don't know if Rarity was an adult there - there was no indication of that other than character design, and, keep in mind, we've never even seen a teenage pony before, so for all we know, they could look very similar because of that.

Actually, we've seen one teenage pony. Cadance appeared teenage in the flashback scenes of A Canterlot Wedding. Otherwise, however, no, we haven't really seen any teenagers. They've been either the Mane Six's age or older, or the CMCs age or younger.

I've always thought she was in her early 20s. Just seemed like a good age for me.

(edited)

For those of you that think Fluttershy is the oldest because of her height, her appearance as a filly was a reference to the Flutter Ponies from G1. The Flutter ponies were tall and thin, and Fluttershy has an identical color scheme to the Flutter Pony Queen (Rosedust).

Edited by 80s Pony

No I just said "as long as possible" as in the longer she is in her 20's, the longer it will be to her 30's & so on

So that means im not old? Jeez... dodged a bullet there. :yay:

So that means im not old? Jeez... dodged a bullet there. :yay:

That is my specialty! You should see me when I have a girlfriend. After me & my gf at the time had a little... Well I wouldn't say argument as much as the Spanish Inquisition performed on me, my friend said he had seen less weaving around at a sewing club

Personally, there have been many debates over this, so I can tell you, from my point of view that Fluttershy is the oldest, then Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight, and Pinkie Pie.  Yet other opinions differ. 

BTW, i want to point out, as a friendly reminder, since this thread looked too familiar.......your thread was moved to here: How old do you think the pony's are?  In addition, as another friendly reminder, don't re-post duplicate thread that was either removed or deleted.  So most likely this one will be locked down.  

That is how I view them as well. I also like to think that Ashleigh Ball deepening Applejack's voice is just AJ reaching full adulthood, but that's just me.

• Brohoof 1

I think Fluttershy is the oldest, it just makes sense to me that she's a bit shy and immature and fell better in with a few years younger kids and then stuck with them.

The way that she's skinny and taller than everypony is just her physique though. She's that gorgeous teenager who becomes a model because she has the looks - not because she wants to.

• 6 years later...
On 6/19/2014 at 12:58 PM, Cirrus. said:

that Rarity is somewhere between 23-26.

Sounds like she could have children at that age, and they would be as old as Scootaloo... I think I am onto something?

I think as the name implies, my little pony means they are little, not grown ups. How about 12 years old?

Edited by Splashee®
  • Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Sounds like she could have children at that age, and they would be as old as Scootaloo... I think I am onto something?

I think as the name implies, my little pony means they are little, not grown ups. How about 12 years old?

I think she is substantially older than Sweetie Belle. She had her adult form at Sweetie Belle's 5th birthday. 12 seems a little young to be running a business with multiple locations to me. The little I think is more about size. I think the Mane 6 are about the size of large dogs.

post-24370-0-69222200-1403114313_thumb.jpg

troublecmcshf.thumb.png.f2d88d9b153c613defbe7fc0f1484ca7.png

• Brohoof 1

I mentioned that i think either rarity or applejack are the oldest. Fluttershy being older than Pinky doesn't necessarily means that she's older. By season 8 and season 9... it's pretty clear that most if not all of the main 6 at least in their mid 20s and at their oldest early 30s. At the time back then though... people were still tied to them being like 15 and such... which is actually what i would guess the CMC to be around. 

• 1 year later...
On 2020-09-07 at 9:56 AM, Kujamih said:

Im sure fluttershy is older than pinkie. She says so herself.

Indeed. One year to be exact :>

I cannot help myself I always thought of AJ being the oldest one. Still with Rarity having her own job, could also be good evidence for being the oldest one. 

Well, I stick to AJ being the oldest one ;>

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, Astral Soul said:

Indeed. One year to be exact :>

I cannot help myself I always thought of AJ being the oldest one. Still with Rarity having her own job, could also be good evidence for being the oldest one. 

Well, I stick to AJ being the oldest one ;>

I think rarity is 30 and AJ might be immortal, seeing that his great grandfather didn't die....XD...

but seriously if you look at them in the last episode when they aged... rarity seems to take a big hit...

I always thought either Rarity or Applejack. Maybe not the most mature (Think Before You Sleep) but judging by where their lives are at and also the fact that they seem a bit older than the others in Cutie Mark Chronicles.

I'd maybe go for Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Kujamih said:

I think rarity is 30 and AJ might be immortal, seeing that his great grandfather didn't die....XD...

but seriously if you look at them in the last episode when they aged... rarity seems to take a big hit...

Indeed

image.png.7422da4c4e2820fd129d0a07ea8450da.png

But here is a thing: Ponies don't need to age with the same speed, do they? Rarity is a business mare, is traveling much and .. how to put it .. has enough of her depressed moments...

AJ is a much more grounded and family pony. She is also hard working and has there down moments, but overall I do think she wouldn't age as fast as a stressed Mare like Rarity.

I definitely give your point some weight, but their lifestyles play also a role in my opinion. So I see it totally possible for AJ being older but Rarity aging faster.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it xD

1 hour ago, Midnight Danny said:

It could be possible that Rarity is the oldest of the mane six... :huh:

But she's still so wonderful! :wub:

Yes, she is :mlp_rarity:

..and it only took 20 to 30 ish years for twilight to become Celestia size...... cadence when twilight was a fowl till she grew..... cadence didn't change at all.... but twilight got a noticable growth every season...... I guess cadence is a dwarf...

Yeah... I think they are going though their 20s during the show possibly hitting 30 ish around the end.

Twilight is pretty much immortal... but main 6 still getting older. Sad ending guaranteed.

Man I just think about celestia and luna having this group of friends when they were kids and they all aged and died while they stayed the same. Seems pretty sad.

On 2021-12-25 at 1:00 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Applejack is the oldest of the Mane 6 because her first appearance was in "Rescue at Midnight Castle" in 1984. 

then rarity is immortal then? because she was a princess back then..... so immortality for her too? or only Alicorns have that? she IS very powerful though... 🤔

• Brohoof 1