Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lauren Faust says "......."

Cirrus.

(edited)

I just randomly remembered this picture I saw on Lauren's twitter that I found back around when I first found out about MLP almost 6 months ago. I think it means :blink::huh:  >_>   :(  :okiedokielokie: :eww::angry:.

post-24370-0-90259900-1403226183_thumb.jpg

I cracked up when I saw it. :lol:

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 22

I just randomly remembered this picture I saw on Lauren's twitter that I found back around when I first found out about MLP almost 6 months ago. I think it means :okiedokielokie:.

attachicon.giffaustdot.jpg

I cracked up when I saw it. :lol:

"....... = OMFG"      

That is what came to mind when i saw that post Lauren made, :lol:.  

(edited)

I remember when she first posted it. To say she was furious was an understatement, particularly when she helped reboot the franchise with the intention of not conforming to the sexist ideals seen in the Girls.

Also, not long after that angry tweet, she ventured into 4chan's /mlp/ (who were just as furious over the dolls, if not more so) and conversed with all the bronies who posted there.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

While I don't blame her for being a tad miffed at it; I think I can see Hasbro's point of view.

This is something we see in the gaming industry constantly these days. Equestria Girls' connection to MLP is a safer bet than an unknown property like Galaxy Girls. If I was Hasbro, I'd probably make the same decision.

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

(edited)

I remember when she posted this shortly after, haha

img-2756912-1-335106__safe_traditional%2

LOL! I forgot about that!! All I can say is that it's probably good that she wasn't on board when Hasbro came up with that bright idea. IT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A GOOD DAY OVER THERE!! OR maybe they were starting to think about it while she was still on board and it's one of the things that pissed her off enough to jump ship since it represents a lot of what she's against.

Edited by Cirrus-Lee
  • Brohoof 1

post-7390-0-40139800-1364712089_thumb.jpg

I just like to point out that was her reaction to the TOYS not the movie itself. And here's the big shocker, guys - the official MLP Hasbro toys always kinda sucked.

I would think so too. I hate the way that hasbro makes things. The fan made stuff is a HELL lot better! Like the vinyl figures.

(Posted image of my Fluttershy Vinyl Figure)

I just love the fan made stuff in general. *Squee* the hasbro made stuff. Just no good at all.

I would have the same reaction as lauren for those EQG Dolls. I'm just just so dissapointed.

I don't know if she was reacting specifically to the dolls or the idea of EqG in general. I recall Craig McCracken (Lauren's husband) mentioning in an interview that she was not pleased with the whole concept of Equestria Girls, though. Given Lauren's aims and investment, I can understand why, even if I'm personally okay with EqG.

The dolls are pretty horrific. I wouldn't describe them necessarily as sexist -- just... ugly. Cheap is probably the better word. As an animator and artist, Lauren might have been given more to despise.

• Brohoof 1

I just like to point out that was her reaction to the TOYS not the movie itself. And here's the big shocker, guys - the official MLP Hasbro toys always kinda sucked.

The toys sucking really is irrelevant.

They were still ponies, and they weren't cheap Monster High knockoffs.

• Brohoof 1

The toys sucking really is irrelevant.

They were still ponies, and they weren't cheap Monster High knockoffs.

???

Those Monster High knockoffs are toys too, you know. And just like with the core show, the toys look worse than the show/movie designs.