Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least Favorite Amusement Park(s) or Ride(s)

Frosty Nerd

Texas Giant, at least the original version that was 100% wooden. Worst ride of all time. Nearly busted my back clean in half riding that broken bumpy behemoth

Before it was taken out, there was Perilous Plunge at Knott's. 

It looked pretty cool, but holy snap. That ride was always broken down. And when it got to the fall, I felt as if I was going to double over on my seat and fall off the actual ride. I was terrified. And I'm not scared of coasters. It's no wonder they took off the ride. Ugh.

• Brohoof 2

Jaguar from Knott's Berry Farm. It's weaksauce compared to the other rollercoasters I've been on there

• Brohoof 1

They added Disney characters now? I had no idea. When did they do that? I've been to Disneyland hundreds of times in my life (that happens when you have a mom who works there and you can get in for free). Last time I went on It's a Small World it was the normal It's a Small World I've always known.

It's ridiculous how expensive and crowded Disneyland has become. It didn't used to be like that. I remember the longest waiting time for a ride would be 40 minutes long at most. 90 minutes is out of this world.

At disneyworld the waiting time is shorter because there's not a lot of people the last time I went for some reason.Disney world is more expensive than disney land.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

At disneyworld the waiting time is shorter because there's not a lot of people the last time I went for some reason.Disney world is more expensive than disney land.

My brother went to Disney World a couple of months ago. I don't know what park it was, but he said that the waiting time for one of the rides was 90 freakin' minutes. I guess it's not that bad when you can get into any Disney park around the world (except Tokyo Disneyland) for free, otherwise it would be a huge waste of time and money. I'm just sad that I didn't get to go with my family there a couple months ago. We sometimes go to Orlando as a family tradition, and that's what makes it worth it.

Edited by Frosty Nerd
  • Brohoof 1

I have not found an Amusement Park or Coaster that I can say I hate. I just have ones I like more than others. I have ridden roughly 220 different Roller Coasters.

My lowest rated coaster, Vacoma Boomarangs.

(edited)

Any ride that puts you upside down is a ride I'll stay away from. I also hate spinning rides. An example? The Zipper.

zipper_ride_ki8q5299_116.jpg

Before it was taken out, there was Perilous Plunge at Knott's. 

It looked pretty cool, but holy snap. That ride was always broken down. And when it got to the fall, I felt as if I was going to double over on my seat and fall off the actual ride. I was terrified. And I'm not scared of coasters. It's no wonder they took off the ride. Ugh.

HOLY CRAP THAT HIT ME IN THE FEELS. 

I rode it when I was in 8th grade. Holy. Crap. That was THE scariest ride of my life. Aside from that you'd get extremely soaked, and I was dumb to not bring an extra set of clothing, I was soaked all friggin day. fml. 

I do miss it though, sucks that it was taken down. 

Edited by Starflower
  • Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...

Least favorite amusement park = Adventuredome, Las Vegas

Why? Because the rides aren't good and it gets humid in there when it's hot outside.

Least favorite rides:
- Green Lantern: First Flight at Six Flags Magic Mountain

Why? Because it was painful to the legs when I rode it. Also, the fact that I was walking a lot made it worse.

- Riddlers Revenge at Six Flags Magic Mountain and possible stand-up coasters in general

Why? I might enjoy a stand-up coaster a bit more next time. But seriously, when riding that giant one at Magic Mountain, my leg was vibrating, which didn't feel good.

- Jet Stream at Magic Mountain

Why? It's the only water ride I didn't get wet on.

- Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril at Disneyland Paris

Why? It wasn't too bad, but the small trains and the small loop makes it a bit uncomfortable and not worth the 50-60 minute wait.

- Kong at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and any Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster AKA "Hang and Bang"

Why? Because after going downhill, my head bangs left and right. Not good for the neck and the head combined and it makes the ride too rough.

Honorable Mentions

- Dumbo the Flying Elephant at Disneyland California

Why? The ride experience isn't bad but for some reason, the lines get too long to the point where it isn't worth my time riding a ride. Plus, there are similar rides I know that don't have as long of a line. If anything, the theming (has kids fulfill their dream of riding Dumbo) could be the reason why the line is long.

Edited by Poppy_The_Vixen

The worst "ride" I have ever been on was this Lilo and Stitch "ride" at Disney World. It was an absolutely horrendous experience.

When the straps came down to strap us in, it slammed down on my brother who's really tall and I could tell he was in serious pain. On top of that, he had been recovering from a broken collar bone so it really hurt him.

I remember the lights go black and you can hear stitch running around you and being a creepy weirdo and laughing and whatnot. I don't know how anyone finds that fun, it was just annoying and weird.

Then you hear him burp or something and a terrible smell fills the room, another thing that I do not find enjoyable.

It was just a stupid thing that could barely be classified as a ride. I do not recommend it to anyone.

I used to like Sea World over Six Flags, although seeing as they don't treat the animals very well, I've been eck about going there again.... though I'm not so sure about zoos :wacko:.

• 1 year later...

This ride is called the Nordic Spaceship. It is at Scandia in Ontario, California.

img-2766433-1-508025c07009d3f3909b4481e8

You go inside, and it spins round and round and round! :blink:

Not my favorite.

i used to ride that before. boy do i want to throw up

I prefer riding roller coasters than these "kiddie" rides anyday

• Brohoof 1

Of all the roller coasters I've been on at Knotts Berry Farm, Jaguar was always weak considering all of the other insane stuff they have there

• Brohoof 1

Montazooma's Revenge at Knott's. I haven't been there in forever so I don't know if it even still exists. I'd probably like it now but as a kid, no thanky!

There was also a ride at Crystal Beach in New York called The Wild Mouse. The cars were attached to the track by brackets that reached back behind the cars, so when you went around a curve it felt like you were going to fly right off before the car actually turned along the track. Not nice. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Luna Park here in Sydney is the smallest and most boring amusement park you could ever visit. The only even slightly fun ride there is the Wild Mouse rollercoaster, and even that's awfully boring.

Edited by Holiday

(edited)

If you ever visit Cedar Point, don't ride the Corkscrew.

corkscrew_-_cedar_point__2007.07.30__-_0

It really, really sucks. It throws your head side to side giving you a severe headache, while injuring your back in the process. I've ridden it twice, and both times I felt like i had just been assaulted when I got off. Even the infamous Magnum XL 200 is smoother than this.

Edited by Rivendare

Even though Disney World is pretty awesome, I can't say that I am overly found of Tower of Terror and the Rock and Roll Rollercoaster.

I hated going on those rides so much.

I never want to go on them ever again.

• 3 years later...

Kong from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is definitely the worst ride I've ever rode on. This ride was very jerky/bumpy and all I felt was just pain around my neck throughout the entire ride. I felt like I needed a neck brace afterwards. 

Image result for kong six flags discovery kingdom

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, Disney World is the most disappointing out of the five I've been to in terms of rides (Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, Busch Gardens, King's Dominion, and Carowinds). Sure, Space Mountain, Everest, and Rock 'n' Rollercoaster were cool, but everything else lowkey sucked (especially the food) and the lines were way too long (I went in February, and some rides still had queues well over an hour long). Not worth the regular price imo, but luckily I went there and to Universal with my marching band and we got a massive discount. I think I had more fun dicking around with my friends than I did on any of the rides.

On the other end of the spectrum, Universal was by far my favorite for every possible reason.

The Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas is the best exemplification of why I do NOT like roller coasters...

rawImage.jpg

Legit terrifying. Probably was much worse before they had to redo it because the ride broke down. I mean at least there are not terrifying roller coasters there... That isn't to mention it legit took FOUR HOURS waiting to actually ride it, and you know what? I nearly f***ing died, so I say f*** no to these things.

But really, I just kind of hate amusement parks in general... :dry:

I seem to have a thing against rides that spin to the side.

There's a fair ride I went on years ago that spins around in a circle, but the riders face the front and don't face in the direction of the spinning. Puked on that one.

Some other years ago I went one of those rides with the chain suspended seats that get lifted and spun around, which I like.But this one moved in such a way that the riders were facing the outside as they were spun to the left. I tried really hard not to puke. But the ride kept going for a pretty long time! Which would be fine if it were a ride I was holding on to my stomach contents on!