Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the best-sounding accent or language to you?

The Gasper

(edited)

What the title says. What language do you like the sound of most, and what accent do you like most (By which I mean a foreign person speaking English.)?

For me, I guess it's:

Accent: German.

Language: German or Russian.

Edited by The Wheezer
  • Brohoof 1

I like Australian accents a lot.

Southern accents too, but not too pronounced.

Also British accents

You know what? I think I just like accents. All of them that arn't mine.

(edited)

Accent: I talk with a Swedish friend sometimes, and he has a really cool accent. Sir Hugoholic is another user that I sometimes talk with, and his Polish accent is probably the cutest thing ever :squee:

Language: Finnish, definitely. However, I also like Italian, Romanian, French, Swedish/Norwegian/Danish, German... any European language, especially the Germanic and Romance ones.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

Best accent would be either Scottish or Irish  because of how they seem to naturally roll off the tongue. Russian accents also has a nice ring to them.

Best sounding language? I personally like the sound of German, though Russian also sounds like it has a nice flow. Tagalog gets an honourable mention because it sounds fun to speak (I really should learn one of these days...).

• Brohoof 1

I love British accents. German, Russian, and Japanese languages are ones I love to hear the most

• Brohoof 1

Accent: Irish

I've had an occasion of having a chat with an Irish man once, and I'll never forget it. This accent is just so... positively ridiculous and ridiculously positive! I had to do my best not to laugh. But don't get me wrong, not because it was silly. Quite the contrary, it wasn't silly at all. It simply sounded so fantastic that I couldn't imagine speaking in English could be any more interesting and entertaining (because I do enjoy using this language :) )

Language: Spanish

I've been infected with this language many, many years ago through Latin rhythms and sounds, back when I was... I don't know anymore. 11? 12? Loved the language ever since.

I'd have to say i'm torn between the rather doleful Serbian accent (it sounds kind of sad and frustrated to me) and i'd say Chinese sounds really awesome (Can't differentiate between dialects, but i was considering of learning Cantonese when i get some free time). 

I like many many accents. Irish, English, German, Dutch, various regional US accents, Portuguese, Australian etc

Languages ... Gaelic is beautiful

• Brohoof 1

For accent, I'll say British. That's an easy one.

For language...I guess when spoken clearly, French sounds pretty. ^^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Language: German. I want to get a Volkswagen, learn German and order my parts direct from Wolfsburg just for the fun of using the language :derp: .

Accent: Virginia, Louisiana, New England, Midwestern, certain British regional accents which I can't name right now, and only mild New York accents (please don't overdo it, unless you sore it at Cawstco, for some reason saying that phrase in a Staten Island accent sounds particularly hilarious  :lol: ).

Edited by Wind Chaser

People say Americans have an accent. I'm not hearing it. But it could be because I'm American. But I do like the way the british talk. But other than that I DON'T KNOW.

I like the sound of Japanese; particularly in song or when a female seiyuu is voicing her character.  I guess it can be kind of an atonal language otherwise, but the structure of the language, relative infrequency of consonant clusters, and likelihood of words ending on a vowel sound are also appealing somehow.

Accent?  German.  I like the sound of the language, as well.  And really - I love it when a Japanese-speaking person pronounces an English loan word.