Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the best-sounding accent or language to you?

The Gasper

(edited)

In terms of my favorite accents...Probably German and Russian and sometimes British. German accent is lè sexy. I have many favorite languages, mostly European in nature.

The German accent is just so articulate and it is music to my ears. I wish most English speaking countries were as articulate overall.

Edited by Kyoshi

I tend to enjoy the sound of an Israeli accent a lot. I'm not truly sure why. I'm around it plenty, which may explain things. But when I hear an accent, I'm able to duplicate it far too easily, and do so often on a whim. So I get to hear every accent all the time! :D

As for favorite languages, I don't care. Everyone speaks a language, and everyone is amazing.

Accent: Scottish. It's quite possibly the manliest accent I can think of, my old golf trainer/instructor had one and it suited him very well. It can also be pretty darn adorable too, although sometimes it can be a bit hard recognizing certain words.

Language: I'm torn between French and German. Probably because of my exposure to both languages.

(edited)

Accent:Jamaican And Australian

My mother is a full Jamaican and speaks it all the time. Me and my family can obviously understand her but most people here in the states can't understand it, lol. I technically however don't have an accent.

Edited by Jamaican Jam

feeling pretty happy about having a British accent now :derp:

for me i never really had any feelings towards a particular accent but then i started talking to my friend from Alberta, Canada and that accent just makes me melt. seriously im just sat there like "please say more things! :wub: "

Accents: I really like British and Russian accents. *u*

Language: I like the sound of Spanish. :3

(edited)

Oooooooooh, I'm a sucker for a beautiful voice. Combine that with a nice accent and I just melt into a puddle.

I enjoy most accents which are European in origin, including the UK... but generally leaning more toward things like French, Italian, Spanish and German. Also, Brazilian. Brazilian accents are beautiful.

Being Australian, I hear Australian accents around me all the time so I don't think of them as very special. I'm well aware other people find them attractive, though I can't for the life of me figure out why! (I guess I can understand liking a mild Aussie accent, but the really strong ones just sound garish.)

(Edit: All these Americans claiming they don't have accents is kind of hilarious. Yes, you do. From the perspective of everyone not in America, you have an American accent.)

Edited by Kay Dreamer
  • Brohoof 3

Cornish British is best British accent!

I love German because it always sounds like they are going to hack a loogie all the time

I like Canadian because Hetalia (that and everyone thinks I'm Canadian)

Finnish because it is so very unique

Irish Gaelic because is so beautiful

For accent, it'd be Cajun, AKA the way the old Louisianian people talk. You can't understand a word they're saying and it's great.

As for language, you can call me egotistical, but I'll say English. I love the English language, and have since I was a wee child getting perfect scores on spelling tests. No, I'm not bragging about 7 year old me's achievments..

(edited)

Clannad song in Gaelic.

I'll try and find some other music in the languages that you are all fans of. I have a playlist of foreign music in dozens of languages, and sometimes I'll have it play softly at night while I sleep.

I have to be careful though, I keep meaning to remove a Hiss track (German) since it definitely doesn't fit the concept of sleeping well ... rock polka is fun ... but doesn't lend well to getting your 'zzzzz's. :blink:

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 2