Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Have Asperger's. Aspie-Bronies Out There?

PonyFunk

(edited)

It's possible that I have Asperger's. I'm not diagnosed, but my mom told me I probably had it when I was 17 (unfortunately, many years too late). I've since come to find that understanding the disorder has allowed me to cope with my own life a little bit better.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Why even ask this? Almost everyone has it around here!  ;)

I was diagnosed with it but my traits of it have been disappearing over time, and my intelligence has regressed.

It's become such a dime-a-dozen diagnosis and an in-style thing that I no longer want to be associated with it. My problem is more of an emotional imbalance now. I'm socially awkward because of my emotional problems, not Asperger's.

Although, the community and the amount of support for people with Asperger's is amazing and I couldn't think of anything better than that.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

My mother told me I was diagnosed with it a few years ago.  I've asked to view the medical records for proof, but have been unable to as of yet.  The only evidence I have is a bunch of 'symptoms' that seem to match -- such as pedantry, and a preoccupation with narrow interests.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) when I was a toddler. Nobody told me until I was 12 :(  I'm never able to fit in socially with my peers. Actually I don't even fit in with my own family. It's hard for me to talk to people and I hate it. My autism is hard for me to talk about because I'm afraid of what people would think of me. I hate it when others talk to me like I'm "retarded" like "Hi! How are you?" in a slow but cheerful way and enunciate every effin word, like when you talk to a baby.

Edited by RainbowPastel
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have Aspergers, but I have ADHD.  I know, I know, totally different, and lesser of a diagnosis.  

But still, having random hyper-impulsive behaviors can be bothersome.  Even with meds, though it helps some, I still have my random outbursts of impulsive behaviors.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

No offense but may i ask what is asperger's?

It's a disorder on the Autism Spectrum. A different way the brain works compared to those without an ASD.

post-25596-0-45970000-1406399450.jpg

Edited by RainbowPastel
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't get diagnosed until about a year ago... Forget if it was before or after my birthday... I kind of have it easy though; Mine is only bad enough to make me socially awkward, but due to my invert nature I don't have to deal with it much :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Diagnosed when i was 2 :3,

Anyone do the arm flapping? i've got friends with aspergers who don't do it, yet i'm the only one that does, Is kinda fun and helps when i get very hyper.

Edited by EllieTheFuzzy
  • Brohoof 1

Diagnosed when i was 2 :3,

Anyone do the arm flapping? i've got friends with aspergers who don't do it, yet i'm the only one that does, Is kinda fun and helps when i get very hyper.

I used to do a lot of that when I was a little kid but I don't do it anymore. What I often do though is rock back and forth when I am sitting often without even realizing I am doing it. I even do it when I am filming my youtube videos.

I was diagnosed when I was 5, but I didn't know until I was 15 for reasons I'd rather not get into. According to my doctor, I'm "exceptionally low," which means you wouldn't know I had it until I told you. Although, if you were to meet me back between the years 2008 to 2012, you could easily tell that I had it.  :blush: 
I've been getting much better at talking with people, and I'm more confident than I was years ago. Being a Brony probably helped that, but still, I feel great! :D

• Brohoof 2

i've never been diagnosed, but i read about Aspergers and i think that i may have because i have most of the symtomps, however, i can't really diagnose myself, but i don't wanna go to a psychologist.

There are a lot of people with Aspergers in this forum  :wacko: 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yep. I was born with Aspergers but didn't know that until 6th grade. I have accomplished a lot of things in life, did well in school so far, I'm creative, I never get overweight, and I've had alot of interests. Though I am sensitive, have a hard time talking to others, and tend to be shy and I like to be alone sometimes.

TheMysteriousMrEnter has aspergers too. He's a youtuber who does reviews of MLP episodes, Animated Atrocities, and Admirable Animations. I just wanted to point him out.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam
  • Brohoof 3