Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why didn't Sunset Shimmer mind control the mane 6?

TheMarkz0ne

I still can't get over Shimmers not controlling the mane 6. I know the good guys always win and stuff. But honestly, Sunset Shimmers just wrecked herself by not making Twilight her zombie.

@@TheMarkz0ne,

Ugh. Look how far I've fallen, to be caught discussing Equestria Girls!

Honestly, it's a combination of lack of common sense and otherworldly magic. Sunset could have easily hypnotized the other five, but Twilight was the true bearer and not from that particular dimension. In many, many different settings, magic from a different dimension often does not work properly unless previously said magic is quite powerful. I cannot imagine that enslaving a bunch of teenagers is exactly high level magic, while the Elements of Harmony are able to destroy the entities of two Universal Constants (Evil and Chaos). No contest.

Although she would have easily been able to shut down the element by enslaving her friends, but, hey, she's still a teenager/young adult herself. And Hasbro would have written themselves in a corner that only dumb logic or a Deus Ex Machina could have gotten them out of.

Possibly the same thing would have happened if she tried. Maybe she hated them too much to do that. I wouldn't want my enemy alive if i were her... Especially if she hated her so much. It was just not in her character to keep them that way.

(edited)

We must assume that she would have been able to place a mind control spell on any of the humane 6.

Knowing SS's persona,she should have been atleast devious enough to try it as she was devious enough to threaten to bash Spikes skull open with a sledgehammer to get what she wants. However because of plot and time constraints,we got what we got,tho it would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if she did try to use a mind control spell on any of the humane 6. 

However i do agree that she should have certainly tried,if only to have it fail possibly,but because of time constraints it din't happen.

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

I still can't get over Shimmers not controlling the mane 6. I know the good guys always win and stuff. But honestly, Sunset Shimmers just wrecked herself by not making Twilight her zombie.

She tried to kill Twilight, to be fair, but friendship (aka the plot) saved her, than she and her friends went super saiyan (because plot) and one shot her (cuz plot). She could've tried mind controlling them then, but I guess she was too shocked. Too shocked because plot.