Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help wanted: Getting noticed on DeviantArt

Wind Chaser

This is a problem I've been trying to figure out the answer to for a while now. I've been tagging, throwing faves around like candy, commenting, and all that awesome stuff for about 5 months now and can't get the amount of views on my DeviantArt profile out of the three figures. I compare that to a few other members who haven't been on here for that much longer than I have and I notice that many of them have racked up support at a much quicker rate than I have. I even counted one other member who was getting about 4 times more views per month after 9 months on the site (to my 5).

I'd like this to be a topic of reference for anypony else from around here having the same problem. Here's my dA account: http://pegasusexpress2010.deviantart.com/

• The first thing you'll notice about it is that not all of it is pony stuff. Is lack of consistency while gaining new watchers a problem?
  • I have no financial resources to exchange commissions, and I have little time to do requests. What are other ways to get noticed?
  • How often should I leave notes on others' profiles?

That's it for now but I may add more questions on later.

The first thing you'll notice about it is that not all of it is pony stuff. Is lack of consistency while gaining new watchers a problem? I have no financial resources to exchange commissions, and I have little time to do requests. What are other ways to get noticed? How often should I leave notes on others' profiles?

Well, it would help if you put up some actual art. Use bases if you're just starting out with digital, or use the medium you're best at using.

(edited)

Well, it would help if you put up some actual art. Use bases if you're just starting out with digital, or use the medium you're best at using.

It's a bit deeper in the gallery, you just have to look for it. I plan on doing more, but I'm on strict time budgets. Most of what's on my profile comes from bases, then Inkscape, then GIMP. I assume I am ruining consistency by putting up too much of the other stuff.

Edited by Wind Chaser

It's a bit deeper in the gallery, you just have to look for it. I plan on doing more, but I'm on strict time budgets. Most of what's on my profile comes from bases, then Inkscape, then GIMP. I assume I am ruining consistency by putting up too much of the other stuff.

I've been looking at it, and from what i've seen, well, i guess it's just a matter of time and patience. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Be patient.  You need arts that attract watchers, and then having those watchers watching you will earn you page views more regularly.  I've been at dA for seven years+, and I have just over 12,700 views.  Not because of fave-whoring or anything lol; though I will fave and run and thank people for their faves if I get the chance.  But I've earned every little page view; I've submitted 1,198 deviations.  An average of maybe 10 views per deviation.  Sometimes I'll get less than five views for something I put some time into, and there's nothing I can do about that.  So I draw or write something else; I use dA as a much-needed creative outlet.  I'm not in it for the views and faves so much.  Which is good, because my two most viewed images are 1. a Pokemorph I did a million years ago and 2. some Bakugan stamp lol.  Far from what I'd consider my best stuff. xD  Patience + arts + watchers + more arts.  Or get a bunch of friends / Bronies to watch you on dA.  Through manipulation of some sort.

P.S. I recently wrote part one of a short horror story and it's been stuck at 0 views for hours.  So sometimes...  Sometimes you get no attention at all lol.

P.P.S. I'll visit your dA page and lookit some of your stuff. xD

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Your DeviantART gallery is filled with random stuff people don't like random stuff on gallery
  • Feature your art in groups this helps very much getting favorites and views
  • Post Arts more regulary and slowly you will get more watchers over time.
  • Don't post things that aren't considered Arts (memes, public transport images )

The way i used to get more views/favorites/watchers

• My Art is wallpapers. So i send them to Equestria Daily i get like 500 views and tons of favorites and downloads and some watchers (but this way works only on worth showing wallpapers ; very very good art)
Edited by Sprakle

You have two major options: Keep doing what you're doing and accrue watchers and views slowly as you improve or you can do art that caters to the lowest common denominator. Whatever that may mean to you. Sexual imagery, political opinion expression, etc.

• Brohoof 1