Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Petition to ban Kendall Jones From Hunting in Africa

Sir Wulfington

(edited)

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ban-and-deny-access-for-hunter-kendall-jones-to-african-states-help-stop-kendall-jones-from-hunting-in-africa

Kendall Jones is an American born hunter who has entered the continent and has been hunting African wildlife under the facade of conservation. She has publicly stated that she hopes to have a television hunting show and she is using endangered and helpless African animals as a stepping stone to further her popularity on social media platforms.

She has already recieved much protest, peaceful or otherwise from a wide variety of people from all over the world on her social profiles, and has, on those platforms, visibly scoffed and shaken off those protests, claiming that protestors are misinformed, or simply the "sheep" to her "lion" morals.

With enough support globally we can take a step in the right direction with regards to animal conservation, and help put an end to practices such as these, in hopes of conserving what precious little is left of our natural world.

Please folks, sign this petition, to hopefully keep her from pointlessly killing anymore african wildlife. According to the petition starter (who actually lives in that very country), we're almost at our goal, we just need 6284 sigs. I don't know if this will accomplish anything, but it's worth a try. We've gotten over 140,000 signatures from around the world! It's clear that a lot of people care about this issue.

I've followed this story for a while now, and it's clear to me that this woman has zero benevolence in her heart. If she really wanted to help, she'd donate to wildlife conservation with that very money she uses to pay to kill. I don't believe she cares about anything other than exploiting these animals as a stepping stone to the reality tv show she wants to make about her hunting.

I'm not against hunting, I'm against unnecessary hunting, and this is what this is. So please, people reading, sign this, and spread the word around as much as you can. Tell your friends, family, whatever, we're too close to the goal to let it fail now (assuming 150k really IS all we need, it better be).

Also I'm not here to argue, I'm here to get the word out in order to help put an end to this pointless slaughter. So if you want to sign, okay, if you don't, fine, I can't do anything about that, I just hope this thread helps the petition.

Edited by Sir Wulfington
  • Brohoof 2

I can understand your passion for animal life, but these kinds of hunts are not illegal. In fact the Governments allow a certain amount of animals to be harvested each year. Plus this would be akin to trying to tell you that you couldn't do something that was legal just because I don't like it. 

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Why did you put this on a pony forum?

To get the word out some more, also this is off topic section.

I can understand your passion for animal life, but these kinds of hunts are not illegal. In fact the Governments allow a certain amount of animals to be harvested each year. Plus this would be akin to trying to tell you that you couldn't do something that was legal just because I don't like it. 

pretty sure its not illegal to hunt tho

Legality has nothing to do with morality. It's not telling telling someone to not do something legal just because I don't like it it's trying to get them to stop doing something immoral because it's immoral. I'm certain that if it was legal to do something that harms you than neither of you would be okay with that.

To add to what others have said, the money and meat that results from those hunts is generally given to the locals and used to help support them.

I already knew that, however, the money could just directly be donated without killing the animals, and I'm sure those locals are very much capable of providing for themselves, they don't need some white cheerleader from Texas to take care of them. If she really cared she'd just donate instead of paying to kill, she's just pretending to care because saying "I'm just hunting for the lulz" or "I'm just using these animals to get a tv show so I can make more money even tho I'm already rich" wouldn't go down very well.

There's nothing wrong with hunting. As long as the animal isn't endangered, there is no problem. Even though it isn't humanely right, people do have the right to hunt. 

You contradicted yourself, saying it's morally acceptable, then saying it's not. And if it's not, people don't have the right to do it. The only time hunting is acceptable is when there's too many of a species in the area or they're posing a serious threat to others. Hunting for the sake of hunting should not be accepted, an individuals rights are forfeit when those rights begin to harm other living things without sufficient justification.

Look I'm not here to argue, I'm just trying to get more people to see this to help get the petition to it's goal. Trying to fight with me over this isn't going to lead anywhere so just don't bother.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

(edited)

@@Sir Wulfington,

Nope, didn't contradict myself. I said that even though some believe it is wrong to hunt, people still have the freedom to do it.  

Sigh.....do you live in america? I know that over there "freedom" is a very popular concept, the right to do as one wants to, to say what one wants to. I believe many americans have warped that idea into meaning that they can do whatever they want, regardless of whether or not it's morally acceptable. No, you don't have the freedom to kill animals (or people) just because you feel like it. They have a right to live just like you and other human beings do. If there's a legitimate reason to kill them, that's fine, but just pointless hunting is absolutely unacceptable. You should know why that is.

If you want to defend the unnecessary slaughter of living, breathing, feeling creatures, than I have no desire to continue speaking to you. Keep in mind, a moral relativist mindset (as in believing there is no objective right or wrong and people should be able to do as they please regardless of how others feel about it), a mindset you seem to have, is a double edged sword. Remember that next time you defend something immoral with the argument of  "people have the freedom to do as they please". Because if  that belief comes back to bite you, you'll likely rethink your stance.

Anyway, if I say anything further I'm just repeating myself. Sign the petition or don't, the choice is yours. I can't make you.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

>Ebola outbreak in africa

>hundreds dead and more dying

>America has massive un-employment

>Isis is close to starting another middle eastern conflict, with a civil war already on-going in Iraq

Yea, sorry mate, as for international moral quandries, I have my plate quite full already. If she was killing mass amounts of animals then I'd care,but she is bagging them in ones and two's, and not commercial harvesting them.

tl;dr Big shit is about to kick off in the middle east, and Africa has an expanding ebola outbreak. My internatonal give a darn is already being used.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

>Ebola outbreak in africa

>hundreds dead and more dying

>America has massive un-employment

>Isis is close to starting another middle eastern conflict, with a civil war already on-going in Iraq

Yea, sorry mate, as for international moral quandries, I have my plate quite full already. If she was killing mass amounts of animals then I'd care,but she is bagging them in ones and two's, and not commercial harvesting them.

tl;dr Big shit is about to kick off in the middle east, and Africa has an expanding ebola outbreak. My internatonal give a darn is already being used.

Doesn't matter how many she's killing, it's still wrong for the reason's she's doing it. And it's certainly not too much to ask that you take 1 minute to sign a petition, but if you don't care, than whatever.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

Doesn't matter how many she's killing, it's still wrong for the reason's she's doing it. And it's certainly not too much to ask that you take 1 minute to sign a petition, but if you don't care, than whatever.

It is,because I then put my legal information on said petition. And any one with acess to the petition can then also access my legal information.

It is,because I then put my legal information on said petition. And any one with acess to the petition can then also access my legal information.

I don't believe you have to put anything there accept for your name and email, possibly your country, but not your specific city and street address.

I don't believe you have to put anything there accept for your name and email, possibly your country, but not your specific city and street address.

Well, what government are you sending it to? Because most countries don't count international signatures.

(edited)

Well, what government are you sending it to? Because most countries don't count international signatures.

It was made by a south african who, I assume, is sending it to his or her government to get Kendall banned from hunting there. I don't know if they'll care about sigs from outside of their country, I don't know if they'll even care about sigs in their own country, but they might, so it's worth a try.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

It was made by a south african who, I assume, is sending it to his or her government to get Kendall banned from hunting there. I don't know if they'll care about sigs from outside of their country, but they might, so it's worth a try.

Southa Africa doesn't care about international signatures. Unless you are a citazen of South Africa, your signature is not going to mean anything. They will not care what some Brit or American thinks should happen in their country.

• Brohoof 2

Southa Africa doesn't care about international signatures. Unless you are a citazen of South Africa, your signature is not going to mean anything. They will not care what some Brit or American thinks should happen in their country.

And where have you heard this from?

And where have you heard this from?

The fact that you have to be a citizen of that country to vote in it. Or do you also think that I can start petitions to get islamic law ratified in the UK while not being a citizen of the UK?

(edited)

Being a hunter myself, I abhor Jones. As I understand, some of the animals (such as the rhinoceros) she's been hunting are disappearing from the world. Hunting them, even if the local governments allow it, should be banned.

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

I already knew that, however, the money could just directly be donated without killing the animals, and I'm sure those locals are very much capable of providing for themselves, they don't need some white cheerleader from Texas to take care of them. If she really cared she'd just donate instead of paying to kill, she's just pretending to care because saying "I'm just hunting for the lulz" or "I'm just using these animals to get a tv show so I can make more money even tho I'm already rich" wouldn't go down very well.

Many of these animals would have been killed by the natives anyway for food or to protect their villiages, this way something extra is being gotten out of it for them.

• Brohoof 1

The fact that you have to be a citizen of that country to vote in it. Or do you also think that I can start petitions to get islamic law ratified in the UK while not being a citizen of the UK?

They might give a damn regardless. I'm doubtful, I've been doubtful since I first saw the petition, but I belief there's at least a faint glimmer of hope this will put an end to her hunting.

Many of these animals would have been killed by the natives anyway for food or to protect their villiages

You don't know that for certain.

and I'm sure those locals are very much capable of providing for themselves,

Have you... never heard of world hunger?

I absolutely love these short-sighted ideologues who think they're "helping" the people in Africa.

Get DDTs banned; resurgent mosquitoes cause a malaria outbreak.

Get GMOs banned; loads of people starve because there simply isn't enough food.

Get AIDS medication banned (yes, really); the obvious happens.

And now, let's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall sign a petition, just to get one woman banned from legally hunting wildlife. Despite the fact that not only will she benefit the local economy and food situation, but it's also well known that publicized hunting increases awareness for conservation efforts.

Fuck ebola, malaria, AIDS, starvation, incessant war, piracy, and even child soldiers. No, that ONE WOMAN killing A FEW wild animals is the shit we need to sign petitions about. God bless your obviously well-prioritized heart, Based OP.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

@@Sir Wulfington,

I normally wouldn't post in these types of threads, but reading your responses have gotten my heckles raised.

First off, could you be open to the fact that she isn't an insane, prideful idiot that is only doing it for popularity? A lot of the others have raised points that you have primarily been denying because she must be an insane, prideful idiot because she is outright about what she does. If all the food, skin, and such are being donated to the tribes, then what is the harm of it? True, it might cause them to become dependent on us, but they still hunt for themselves.

Also, what is the difference (besides there being more of one than the other) of shooting a rhino gazelle of a wildebeest over... say... a wild boar? A deer? A turkey? Is it immoral to hunt in general, because we are killing another animal for food and sport? And, if not, then why is it immoral? Why is it immoral that she's doing it? And you can't use the 'we-are-running-out-of-them" excuse. There's a reason why you have to get a special permit from the country for EACH ONE you choose to shoot. At any time, the country's government can just say no. Other than that, what? Because you can't kill a rhinoceros with a 30/30 round? (Which, frankly, scares me)

Also, you keep saying that 'it's not moral'. What would change for it to be moral, and why is it immoral in the first place? What is she doing to make it immoral? Note that I am talking about the act of publicly hunting animals, not the fact that she is an idiot in her social life.

Please forgive me for being blunt and somewhat rude.

Edited by Magos Amphrose
  • Brohoof 1