• Equestria Girls
    • Frozen
  2. 2. Which had a better story?

• Equestria Girls
    • Frozen
  3. 3. Which love interest was better?

• Equestria Girls
    • Frozen

Hey there everyone! Here is a dicussion I am making because obviously... I'm bored! While thinking (In my opinion) how bad most of the songs in frozen's OST were. I only found about two I enjoyed, while equestria girls I enjoyed almost every song. Then I got to thinking... which movie was better overall? I'll leave this short and sweet for you guys.

Which movie do you think was better and why? Please leave your comments with your votes! Feel free to pour your heart out! :D

(edited)

I loved Equestria Girls I still dont understand why everypony criticizes it and I thought it was a better movie then Frozen because PONIES... alright you want a real reason because it felt like a regular episode of MLP but extended for quite some also it proves my point there all still teenagers dont know why everypony thinks their in there 20s well I thought it was great my friends think is was great and I hope they make it into a TV show

BUT the only thing I didnt like about the show was the damn ending I believe its the love interest in Equestria Girls for why it was so hated  

Edited by PonygamesFluttershy
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I liked Frozen a lot more. I thought the story was done much better and was more exciting. The love interest was much better too; he had an actual personality unlike Flash. I actually liked the songs in Frozen a little more as well, although I'm not exactly sure why... there was a greater amount of songs in Frozen though.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 3

Well let's see...

Frozen had a very solid story, good back story, great songs that stuck in your head and a good overall feeling when you finished the movie.

Equestria girls had a ridiculous amount of cliché's, every character was completely OOC and way too much fanservice. I watched about half way through it, laughed at it almost whole time and never got back to actually finishing it.

That's like comparing a gameboy to a well built computer set.

• Brohoof 2

Well Frozen not because of I hate E-G (cause I don't) just a better writing/storyline although it may be POPULAR and some may say it is not the best movie ever and stuff and how it got so huge similar ways to the ponies my friends because it's enjoyable 

although E-G was alright for me ponies or not I prefer Frozen.

(edited)

Equestria Girls was at least OK to me. I watched Frozen once, and didn't like it.

but Shrek and Blue Mountain Mystery are still master race

Edited by Skarloey

Frozen is really overrated, I watched it and found nothing special about it. Its probably only because of 'Let It Go', which I got really sick of hearing after a while.

EQG on the other hand, not only is it underrated, it's a nice movie! People are only hating on it because they wanted a pony movie. Plus, Hasbro saw that there was a lot of humanized art of the Mane 6.

It's fine to draw alicorn Twilights and humanized ponies, but when you actually make them canon, you've suddenly gone too far!

• Brohoof 1

Frozen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EQG

I like EQG, but comparing them isn't fair in the slightest. EGA is a direct to DVD film(the theater showing was with a DVD) and it shows.

In other words, replace Optimus with Frozen, HTTYD 2 with EQG

tumblr_n82cuf4Hz11tny07po1_400.gif

Well, I enjoyed both, to really no surprise as I enjoy things typically pretty easily.

Equestria girls was interesting and entertaining, it was different, and while it had some flaws, and other things, I still thought it was a good movie overall, nothing amazing, but solid.

Frozen I thought was pretty darn good honestly, I quite like Frozen, not just because everyone else did or anything, I just did idk. The fact that it is overrated by some doesn't play into my liking of or disliking of it. I thought it was one of the better Disney movies honestly, not like the greatest thing ever in reality, as it did have it's own flaws for sure looking over it, but I did quite enjoy it.

Especially "Let it Go" which got stuck in my head for quite a while, but honestly I quite like that song, even if it may be overrated or hated by others. 

The best song in Equestria Girls in my opinion was "Helping Twilight Sparkle Win the Crown" or whatever that song was they sang in the Cafeteria. But I just feel like "Let it Go" had much more passion and energy, and I just liked it.

As far as story I can't really say anything in particular stands out for either really, Idk I slightly liked Frozen better honestly.

And the love interest, sorry this was no real contest, because as cute as Flash and Twilight may be and the whole concept at times, Flash was pretty bland. I found Anna and Christoff more entertaining and Christoff wasn't a mr. perfect. 

So yeah, overall I liked Frozen better, but both were good. Up to opinion I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Frozen is without a doubt the better movie with the better songs, story, and love interest.  But it's hard comparing a direct-to-DVD movie to a theatrical Walt Disney Animation Studios release.  EQG got a "special" theatrical release for fans of the show, whereas Frozen was a full-on theatrical release.  Comparing them is pretty pointless IMO.  Luckily, I like both so I own them and watch them whenever I want.

• Brohoof 1

I can't believe this is an actual topic.

Frozen is way better. Equestria Girls was an enjoyable experience, yeah, but it really wasn't that good of a movie. Not to say I don't like it, but it was pretty poorly made.

I don't know why these movies are being compared to each other.

This is like comparing Tokyo Mew Mew to Princess Monamoke

Anyway, I'm not voting since I still haven't seen Frozen

Equestria Girls was at least OK to me. I watched Frozen once, and didn't like it.

but Shrek and Blue Mountain Mystery are still master race

Shrek is love! Shrek Is Life..

And Frozen! I like it much better! And were talking about F***** Disney here! They spit out good movies like its nothing! But Tangled was waaaay better then frozen!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I watched the youtubers react to Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life. I feel bad for a lot of them, they got disturbed XD

I was disturbed (as in: this is hilariously unconfortable, but I can't look away!) too.  Thankfully the reaction to the Youtubers distracted me from paying full attention to whatever that video was.

Edited by Watchful Guardian

I was disturbed (as in: this is hilariously unconfortable, but I can't look away!) too.  Thankfully the reaction to the Youtubers distracted me from paying full attention to whatever that video was.

After I watched the video, I had to go watch the actual thing. D: I can never look at Shrek the same way again.

After I watched the video, I had to go watch the actual thing. D: I can never look at Shrek the same way again.

Luckily for me, fan creations of any kind has never been able to change my views on how I view the subject of matter.  But are you honestly telling me the video is actually longer than presented in the reaction video?  Oh my science...

Luckily for me, fan creations of any kind has never been able to change my views on how I view the subject of matter.  But are you honestly telling me the video is actually longer than presented in the reaction video?  Oh my science...

They shorten the reaction ones so it can fit in easier. 

I know Finebros usually do that, i just didn't notice any cuts during the reaction video.  Maybe I was too distracted to notice.  :lol: