Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate about your gender?

RainbowMau

I'm a guy and:

- I was rejected from entering a sewing class cause they said it was just for women

- Clothing options are limited as hell, mos of it it's unfcomfortable

- People see me weird when I like My Little Pony, specially my mother

- I can easily be seen as a sexual predator or a women agressor, even for small details, and no one will believe me when I say it's a lie

- I'm not allowed to crossplay

- Schools don't allow people my gender to wear earrings and long hair

I'll list more later :P

• Brohoof 18

(edited)

I'm a dude, and my problems are:
Being told that being into MLP is wrong

Being accused of raping and sexually assaulting women even though women can do the same

I can't display any other emotion other than "manliness" 

How I'm supposed to be spending all my time at the gym, when I don't need to

EDIT: If what I'm into doesn't involve sports, no girl is going to spend their time with me.

Edited by (MARVEL) Blue Blood
  • Brohoof 15

Being accused of raping and sexually assaulting women even though women can do the same

Lad culture is one of the things I hate the most, and the fact that if you don't join in it can be hard to make friends! People drink well to much :P

I also hate the idea thT we can't play games like pokemon because we are to old, but that might be an age thing more then anything else :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I Is a guy

I cant act nor dress like Fluttershy

people expect me to be masculine when i'm very feminine

my hair will never grow out long enough to be like Fluttershy's

I can be accused for many things I would never do

I have considered dying my hair light pink many times but then I would of been made fun of for doing so

and a few other things that I shouldn't mention

Lad culture is one of the things I hate the most, and the fact that if you don't join in it can be hard to make friends! People drink well to much :P

I also hate the idea thT we can't play games like pokemon because we are to old, but that might be an age thing more then anything else :P

nonsense your never to old to play Pokemon

Edited by PonygamesFluttershy
  • Brohoof 4

I'm male

- Stereotypes
- People thinking I'm weird for liking My Little Pony
- People thinking I'm weird for liking Sailor Moon
- People thinking I'm weird for liking cute things
- People thinking I'm weird for NOT liking fps games
- People thinking I have to be strong and manly

• Brohoof 11

Female and only one thing makes me hate it

The BUCKING stereotypes that every girl has to fit into. >_>

You HAVE to be pretty, feminine and fall for the first guy you see and then cry about the break ups blah blah or else your the ugly nerdy unpopular girl no one likes.

No! excuse me but this is my life and if I want to break the rules i can. And if its a problem to you I didn't want to know you anyway

Sorry this was a bit of a rant, i can get carried away :)

• Brohoof 10

i am a male and i hate that no matter what i try to do i always look like i am an aggrasive person i just have that kinda look to me and me being a very tall person does not help and all my guy friends just want me to bro out with them and sure i like a drink or to but i also love to just talk to people instead of just belch nonsence about SPORTS ect 

• Brohoof 1

~ I wish I was female.

~ I hate not being able to wear what I want, I much prefer women's clothing.

~ I like dressing up.

~ I hate that just because I'm a dude, I have to do all the heavy lifting.

~ People expect me to be manly, like Chuck Norris, but I feel more comfortable being girly.

~ I hate not having long hair, just because parents thinks it's "dirty" Yet my sister has long hair.

~ I hate gender stereotypes

~ I hate not being able to be  "me" without people thinking I'm weird.

I'm a female, and:

-It frustrates me that I can't go topless anywhere I want and be free.

Here in Ontario, Canada..It's actually legal for a woman to walk around topless.

• Brohoof 12

I'm male

- I'm expected to be "tough" and "manly" all the time. I'm not, deal with it :P

- People think I'm mentally-retarded for loving MLP

- And of course, the stereotypes

• Brohoof 5

I'm a guy and:

- I was rejected from entering a sewing class cause they said it was just for women

- Clothing options are limited as hell, mos of it it's unfcomfortable

- People see me weird when I like My Little Pony, specially my mother

- I can easily be seen as a sexual predator or a women agressor, even for small details, and no one will believe me when I say it's a lie

- I'm not allowed to crossplay

- Schools don't allow people my gender to wear earrings and long hair

I'll list more later :P

1. Fuck whatever class that is, I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

2. I wear women's clothing if it has something funny written on it or something. No biggie.

3. Being a brony is common where I live :P

4. I hate that. You're right. It's not fair.

5. Yes you are.

6. Fuck your school. Be FABULOUS. Don't let some sexist teacher tell you what you can and cannot do.

For me, it'd probably be that I'm not attracted to my gender. I wanna be a hot girl. I don't want to be transgender, as it's not about gender identity, it's about gender expression. 

Anywho, yep. Do what you want, man. Don't let your school stop you.

• Brohoof 6

There's a certain part of me that has, at least at times, been the very bane of my existence lol.  That's all I'm sayin' about that.

Very limited clothing and jewelry options for dudes.  Even when you get clothes secondhand the section for women is enormous and the section for guys is...  Not-so-much lol.  One reason I have a secondhand pullover that was meant for ladies (also, it was green).  Dark colors seemed to be pushed on males.  Maybe I like pastels / bright colors!

I think some guys (particularly in something like a school environment, growing up) have certain expectations about how other guys are supposed to act.  If you aren't tough or aren't good at / don't like sports you're a wuss or a nerd or a loser.  If you aren't seeking sexual conquest and subsequently flaunting it, you're...  A wuss or a nerd or a loser lol.  Mebbe.

Facial hair.  Pain in the...  Face. xD  Maybe it's the shape of my face or the "quality" of my razors, but I often end up looking like I've been in a fight.  With...  A bunch of teeny, tiny knives.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Guy reporting in.

• The manly culture in general, which pretty much covers working out, watching / taking part in sports and drinking excessively.
  • The image that all we think about is getting in bed with women.
  • All emotions must be surpressed except for the manly ones of course! Feelings show weakness, screw your emotional issues and man up! (I don't know if you can tell, but I really hate this one.)
  • Being a virgin supposedly makes you less of a man

Of course there's also the fact that our clothing choice is absolutely pathetic, but that really doesn't bother me much. Being a guy other than that isn't too bad. I just wish the media would stop pushing those stereotypes and accept that we aren't cold hearted jerks or perverts.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 10

(edited)

Male and I've got these freaking flesh sacks and a meat tube dangling between my legs.

-Getting caught in awkward positions in my underwear.

-Hurting when struck.

-Going erect at the least convenient moments.

-Looking all gross, saggy and veiny.

-Spewing bodily fluids whilst I sleep on occasion.

It also doesn't help I'm Asexual, which renders them useless. Apart from allowing me to be able to pee standing up.

Seriously, pee-pees are not fun to have. Aside from that I'm cool with being male, I'm not too pressurized by the social requirements of being this particular gender.

(also, sorry I'm a bit graphic in my descriptions, but it's the truth)

Edited by Monotone
  • Brohoof 2

I'm female. 

- I'm criticized if I look "too male"
- I'm criticized if I look "too female"
- It's assumed I'm a lesbian if I'm "too masculine"
- It's assumed I'm an airhead if I'm "too feminine"

Gender stereotypes in general bug me; it isn't as though this would be resolved were I male - it would just be different expectations.
It's horrendous men and women alike are subjected to these. 

Aside from those:

- Periods. I get anxious about my reproductive health quite a lot, which is a worry I could do without being as I don't ever want children to begin with. 

- Inferior physical strength, though I would like to start working out to improve this. 

• Brohoof 9

~ I wish I was female.

~ I hate not being able to wear what I want, I much prefer women's clothing.

~ I like dressing up.

~ I hate that just because I'm a dude, I have to do all the heavy lifting.

~ People expect me to be manly, like Chuck Norris, but I feel more comfortable being girly.

~ I hate not having long hair, just because parents thinks it's "dirty" Yet my sister has long hair.

~ I hate gender stereotypes

~ I hate not being able to be  "me" without people thinking I'm weird.

well that makes two of us mate

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As a girl:

-I get yelled at for not "being ladylike" and sexist kids not letting me do anything because "it's for boys"

-My . . It's worse than an average girl's so I have to take pills for it :(

-I'm emotional. There's so much drama!

-My family favors my brother over me because he's a guy,

-I can't wear tight clothes nor all the other normal clothes girls wear my age. Anything they wear doesn't look good on me.

-I'm expected to wear MAKEUP?! My motor skills aren't as good as the norm so it's harder for me to put makeup on.

-Formal.

-Boobs.

-Boyfriends. Guys don't like me.

-Other girls judge me because I'm obviously different from them.

-Dealing with bitches.

-Long lines for bathroom.

-"Your brastrap is showing" "Your nipples are poking out"

THERE'S SO MUCH MORE!!!

Edited by RainbowPastel
  • Brohoof 4

As a girl:

-I get yelled at for not "being ladylike" and sexist kids not letting me do anything because "it's for boys"

-My per-per. It's worse than an average girl's so I have to take pills for it :(

-I'm emotional. There's so much drama!

-My family favors my brother over me because he's a guy,

-I can't wear tight clothes nor all the other normal clothes girls wear my age. Anything they wear doesn't look good on me.

-I'm expected to wear MAKEUP?! My motor skills aren't as good as the norm so it's harder for me to put makeup on.

-Formal.

-Boobs.

-Boyfriends. Guys don't like me.

-Other girls judge me because I'm obviously different from them.

-Dealing with bitches.

-Long lines for bathroom.

-"Your brastrap is showing" "Your nipples are poking out"

THERE'S SO MUCH MORE!!!

why hate boobs ? there comfortable if u turn them into a pillow :3 lol

for me as a guy well im to shy to show my feminine side since i act both guyish and sometimes girlish

i hate having short hair i rather have it longer even though it bothers me when i ware headphones lol

wareing girl clothing is more softer then guys clothing even though they feel about the same and yes i have tried on a bra before and i would deal with the ichyness lol

and ofcourse the private area if u dont watch out ware u are going it hurts xD

• Brohoof 1

/\ Exactly. I'm fine being male, but, why can't we allow women to become president or travel to the moon?
  • Brohoof 2

I hate when men think that it's a man's duty to act "manly" and think all men should fulfill the role of a man by being strong and not wasting their time doing things that women could do. Like, I know this guy at my work who I had a big conversation with about gender roles and transgenders and stuff, and he was of that opinion, that all men (as in, everyone with a penis; he dismisses transgenders as basically being people with a mental disorder that should get therapy to help them understand that their biological sex is what gender they should identify with) should do the things a man is supposed to do, like being the main provider in a relationship—for example, if a man is making less than his wife or living off his wife's salary while staying home to raise the kids, he's not really doing his proper job as a man. This guy I was talking to is actually a really nice guy, not sexist or anything, but this was just how he was raised to think. I guess this isn't so much something that I hate about my gender specifically, but about all society, because there's people of both genders, male and female, who think this way. But it is sure more outspoken and prevalent amongst men.

Also, I hate the way some guys (not all, just some) talk about women when they talk about their appearance. I'm sure there's females out there who talk the same way about attractive guys, so this also isn't something exclusive to the male gender, but I've had more exposure to the guy-talk side of things being a guy myself.

I hate how most guys are SO homophobic. By that I mean guys who look at you weird if you're a guy and you're walking too close to or acting a little too friendly towards another guy. This was more of a problem in high school than now, but that doesn't mean it's not a problem. 

And finally, I hate (well not so much hate but just find stupidly funny) how it is considered the manly way to, when hurt, not express any pain but to "suck it up," UNLESS you get hit in the balls. Then you are practically expected to roll around on the floor, face contorted in an expression of excruciating pain. Cause you gotta show you have balls, of course. To prove your a man. If a man were to just "suck it up," maybe wince a little but otherwise keep a fairly straight expression and carry on ignoring the pain, that man would be seen as barely even a man even though in reality it hurt a lot but the guy was just good at tolerating pain. Just something I've observed that I find funny.

• Brohoof 6