Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate about your gender?

RainbowMau

(edited)

why hate boobs ? there comfortable if u turn them into a pillow :3 lol

Lool, for me you kinda just demonstrated what I hate (or rather, sometimes hate) about having boobs... they're not really regarded in the same way as any other body part. They're sort of regarded as fun / silly / sexy / hilarious "add-ons" for the body. So when I'm trying to be taken seriously, I feel like I'm a person with funbags hanging off them. 

I realize that might have sounded completely hilarious, but it's incredibly annoying sometimes. 

Edited by babymoondust
  • Brohoof 3

Lots of your problems are caused by caring what others think of you, even when they don't know you.

That said, I am fine being a man, and I'd be fine being woman, or anything in between.

• Brohoof 2

I am a man:

- I hate that society expects us to be muscular and to work out every day

- I hate that we are expected to like sports

- I hate that we are expected to like nascar, cars, women with big boobs

- I HATE BEING CLASSIFIED AS A PERVERT JUST BECAUSE IM A MAN

- I hate that when we are romantic, we are considered "pussies"

- I hate that women get so much funding for breast cancer, but men get practically no funding for prostate cancer

and overall, I JUST HATE THE STEREOTYPES!

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

I'm a guy person and the things I hate are these:

1. I can't do some fun things I mean last week I had to build a fence while the girls and my friend/little brother went swimming.

2. I can't wear whatever I want, girls can wear suits to dresses like the business suits by the way ya guys can't wear dresses unless in privacy.

3. I can't watch mlp securly with my dad home, because one day he went in the basement while I was watching Show Stoppers and made me turn it off due to there was only girls screw it my sisters are probably upstairs watching Regular Show.

4. I can't carry around something like a purse without being gay I mean something to carry my stuff in I wouldn't even need pockets anymore phone, mp3, wallet, you name it it'd be so conveinet.

5. Being unevened, at school or at least in middle school we had a class of 20 with only 8 guys, betcha can't guess what the others were.

6. I can't really bring out my love for mlp in public I bet if I asked for a mlp Sweetie Belle T-shirt like I kind of want I couldn't get it because it'd be too girly, even the plushie I got that ended up getting into the fandom was considered too girly so yeah being a guy kind of sucks.

7. Wait you have to be manly and work out yeah I never do this and probably never will I don't give a crap.

8. I can't smile without feeling like there's going to be a person to call me gay.

There's probably lots more but I just can't think of them.

Edited by PokeBolter
  • Brohoof 3

Two of these sort of threads? Okay!

As a male I hate the fact that I should be expected to:

-Not be in kid's show like MLP. Sadly it's rare to find another brony where I live.

-Have short hair.

-Be into sports, which I'm not.

-Act manly if I play mature games. Which I'm not.

-Don't show emotion. "Screw having more than one feeling!"

So much more to say, so little time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nothing: I like being a guy and feel comfortable with my gender.

I have experimented with cross-dressing, and from the experience I wondered to myself about my gender.

From that, I figured that I’d feel wrong not having my male genitals, and my male nipples. And that I feel that my gender is who I’m supposed to be.

I have a feminine side, I’m probably gentle and sensitive and can appreciate things for girls like My Little Pony and Bridget Jones Diary. But I don’t wish to be a girl and I feel totally fine enjoying slightly feminine things as a male.

So I don't really hate anything about my gender :)

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 5

As a male 

- Sitting in certain positions is extremely uncomfortable to painful for me at times due to 'them' and i wish i can just make 'them' go away when i don't need 'them' via some magic or something. :okiedokielokie:

- Other male related issues im too lazy to list or because others have said.

Lool, for me you kinda just demonstrated what I hate (or rather, sometimes hate) about having boobs... they're not really regarded in the same way as any other body part. They're sort of regarded as fun / silly / sexy / hilarious "add-ons" for the body. So when I'm trying to be taken seriously, I feel like I'm a person with funbags hanging off them

I realize that might have sounded completely hilarious, but it's incredibly annoying sometimes.

Well this made my day,take that as you will.

• Brohoof 1

There are several things I don't like about my gender.

For one, it feels harder to have a serious conversation with them. They seem to act either too serious or too joking. 

Also, it feels harder for guys to express themselves. It's like you have to be a big manly man who loves sports or video games to be excepted in society.

Adding on to that, it feels like guys can't get away with liking stuff out of their gender norms without getting shunned for it. For example, when a girl likes say, superheros society is like, "Oh, great job not being afraid to challenge gender norms!" Yet when a guy likes My Little Pony, society says, "Eww, you're gay, or a pedo, or autistic and need to go watch Family Guy!" That's more of a problem with the hypocrisy of society.

• Brohoof 1

Bleeding from the crotch at regular intervals and the feeling of crapiness associate with that.

Guys, menstruation jokes are not funny. Period.

:okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 3

For being a guy, yeah there are a lot problems. First of all, they make fun of those who like girl shows. Okay I' not into many, but making fun somebody for liking them is well rude. Second, they think they are the dominant gender, which is stupid, as all genders should be treated as equal. Third of all they normally to attend to be more racist and/or sexist. Not saying there aren't women like this, guys attend to be this way more than girls.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm male:

-Being feared by women because they think I'm a rapist, just want sex, and am probably a jerk in any other way.

-Having "masculinity" that I'm forced to live up to and worry about for the sake of people believing I'm a guy.

-Wanting friends that are female without having to form any relationship but can't because it's automatically believed I want to date them.

-Not being allowed to have any fashion sense other than the average T-shirt and jeans or something sporty.

-Being told I can't succeed well in school because I'll make stupid decisions or am stupid.

-Have to be in sports like football because that's the "masculine thing to do" and would not be considered a man for not being in it.

-Can't have emotional feelings.

-Have to be muscular or handsome to be liked.

-The stupid jokes that are made for guys who are not considered mentally strong such as "Having no balls."

-Considered gay if too feminine.

-If I'm a gamer it's automatically assumed I play COD, Halo, or some other violent and gory game.

-As a gamer I can't like Nintendo and other things because it's too childish and even unmanly.

-Having female friends makes you gay

I could go on and on. Do I really have to to prove my point?

Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm a man, and pretty much everything I hate has already been brought up, but my list wouldn't be nearly as long as some. I hate being expected to work out, and be into sports, neither of which I'm fond of. I find the selection of men's clothing kind of boring, and lacking in variety, compared to all the choices women have. I actually have no desire to cross dress, but I have wondered whether I'd be more into fashion if I were born a girl. As it stands, clothing isn't something I think much of.

People tend not to think of me as creepy, largely because, I've been told by numerous people that I look young for my age, and I don't look creepy(not to mention my personality isn't anything like that), so that isn't a problem for me. I'm not really fond of the expectation that I should ask a girl out, since I tend to turn into Fluttershy when it comes to that sort of thing. I dislike the fact that men are expected to do all the heavy lifting, but at the risk of sounding hypocritical, I'd rather do it, than leave such a task to a woman. I tend to enjoy flavoured alcoholic beverages, especially of the fruity variety, but don't feel right ordering one.

I will say, I'm fine with being a guy, and am actually glad I am. To weigh in on the discussion of body parts, as uncomfortable as mine can be, I'm definitely glad I don't have to deal with things like having periods, being super prone to infections down south, having to wear a bra, having to fear the day of childbirth, long lines for the bathroom, having to sit down to urinate, and having more frequent trips to the bathroom due to having a smaller bladder that's crushed by ovaries. I like to think my body is far less inconvenient. Also, as it stands, my daily toiletry routine is long enough, so I can't imagine having to incorporate makeup into that, as well as having to spend the money on that sort of thing. On a societal level, I'd rather not have to deal with being on the other end of gender inequality, which is still a very real thing. I'm straight, so I'm happy that I won't be judged for being into women. Yes, I've actually thought about all that stuff, and think that I lucked out with my gender.

Edited by Tross
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Both genders have problems. Girls just look prettier while at it. ;)

I'm fine being a guy, even if I have the occasional desire to parade around as a girl.

Edited by (g)ood (g)ame
  • Brohoof 1

I hate nothing about my gender. But I can name an inconvenience.

>Have morning wood.

>It feels great in bed as you wake up.

>Go to bathroom to take leak.

>Wood won't go away.

>Try to achieve position that works.

>Feel like you're going to snap it off.

>Finish, very uncomfortable.

>Wood still there.

>Hide it in waistband, leave bathroom.

>Wood goes away minutes later.

• Brohoof 1

Uh, I'm not sure if you're talking about physicality? Because a lot of people are talking about gender stereotypes, but it's not clear. However, then you'd be referring to sex stereotypes, so basically that entire title is just bothering me to no end. .-.

(edited)

I don't hate being a guy so much as I hate the ridiculous double standards that have really become apparent to me since discovering I like ponies. Most of my interests are what society deems to be masculine but I don't really give a shit about that, I like those things for the same reason I like MLP and it is because I like those things but I am an supposedly an overgrown manchild, gay or even a pedophile because I like cartoon ponies. It all plays into the false macho culture where guys are encouraged to be complete douchebags who completely ignore their emotions and loath anything the slightest bit sensitive or "feminine" instead of actual respectable human beings.

>Have morning wood.

>It feels great in bed as you wake up.

It feels even better when you have time take care of it if you know what I mean but on days where I have to wait until later it is a morning vistor I can do without. But at least I don't get random ones every two seconds like I did during my teenage years. For that and other reasons I am really really really glad that I am done with that monster named puberty.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

I'm a female so :

People that I know telling me that I can't be a Brony because that's what the male fans are called -sadness-

Cramps and that time of the month

I don't like wearing girl clothes because it's too revealing and too tight and I just don't like it but when I wear guy clothes...people think I'm a lesbian...

Feminists....

Just because I'm friends with mainly guys, that doesn't mean I sleep with them :(

• Brohoof 2

Is there a daily brohoof limit?  Hope not, cause I might have used up my quota in this thread!  I'm male, and I could probably quote just about every post here and just say "This."

I'll just mention a few that stuck out in my mind the most.

-Being stereotyped as a potential rapist/agressive.  Most violent crimes are committed by men, so I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because women are instantly more leery of me.

-The no fashion options for men thing.  This was mentioned a bunch of times so far.  This is a big one for me.  I'm really into fashion.  I didn't used to be, but more and more as an adult it's something I really like.  Men should have more options besides shirt, pants, shorts.  Clothing shouldn't be so gender-specific.  Why can't we have dresses specifically designed for men?  Pants didn't even exist in ancient times, as far as I know.  In all those ancient cultures, men wore dress-like things.  You know, various skirt-like things, or kilts, or wraps, or kimonos or what have you.  Why, in this age of media overload, has male fashion become so limited?  You'd think it would be the opposite.  Well, I decided to do something about it.  I've mentioned this a few times before, so some of you might even remember this.  I'm not trying to brag or something, but, well, when someone starts a topic like this and I see this issue pop up, I just have to mention it.  I designed my own outfit; an ancient greek themed skirt type thing modeled after Kratos's thing from God of War.  It's my favorite thing to wear, and the most comfortable as well.  And I've only gotten positive comments on it.  Guys--we gotta wear what we want.  Fight the power, you know?

-The unfair double standard that it's typically more socially acceptable for women to do masculine things than for men to do feminine things.  Like many on this thread have said, I'm a hetero male, not trans, no desire to be female, but I have a strong feminine side and often wish to express that.  Society makes it difficult.  It seems more acceptable for women to have a masculine side than for men to have a feminine side.  But I guess I'm biased.  Maybe it's equally difficult for women to want to express any masculinity.  Society probably expects them to be overly feminine.  Societal expectations and stereotypes are just ridiculous.  Everyone should just be able to be exactly who they are inside.

-The expectation that men are suppose to do the "asking out," the proposing of marraige, the providing for the spouse, etc.  Obviously, it's not weird today for women to have careers, but it still seems to be expected that the man be the "bread winner."  Like, it's fine if both work, but it's less acceptable if just the woman works.  That's ridiculous.  I have always felt like I would be better suited to be mostly a stay-at-home husband and take care of the house.  I'd love to clean and cook for my wife while she earns the money.  And then I'd just make art to sell on Redbubble.  But as a guy, I'm made to feel like if I don't have a high-powered career, I have no right even asking a woman out.  And why don't women do more of the asking and proposing?  That tradition needs to go away.  And rings, oh gawd, don't get me started.  I don't like the idea of engagement rings at all, but if it's something you want to do, why can't a woman give a ring to a man for a change, huh?!  And the ludicrous tradition started by jewelry companies that a man has to spend 3-months salary on a ring--"Look honey, I prooved that I love you this many dollars!"  Debeers:  teaching children that love can bought.  I better stop myself before my head a splode.

Before I go, I just wanted to quote one post that really spoke to me.

~ I wish I was female.

~ I hate not being able to wear what I want, I much prefer women's clothing.

~ I like dressing up.

~ I hate that just because I'm a dude, I have to do all the heavy lifting.

~ People expect me to be manly, like Chuck Norris, but I feel more comfortable being girly.

~ I hate not having long hair, just because parents thinks it's "dirty" Yet my sister has long hair.

~ I hate gender stereotypes

~ I hate not being able to be  "me" without people thinking I'm weird.

I can sympathize. You gotta be who you are, dude.  Wear what you want, act how you want.  Life is too short.  You're perfect just the way you really are--don't ever let anyone tell you differently.

• Brohoof 7

I honestly have not a lot to complain about. There's no real manly culture here, guy's clothes are extremely interesting if you find the right stores, lots of dark and bright colors, jewelry galore. Body-wise I also have nothing to complain about, I like how I look and I'll have to make do with my appearance, easy as that. The only thing I can complain about is hair growing everywhere, but that's just genetics and it's also fairly easily avoided.

I don't know why people see the world in such black and white. In whatever place you live, there's still a place where you can be yourself, but you won't find it if you hide from the world. It's not like everyone lives in the ninth ring of hell.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm male and 

-I hate when people criticize me for liking MLP

-Sometimes I wonder about what it feels like to be your opposite gender. I really hate that it really bugs me

-Gender stereotypes and Gender roles I don't like them. We are free to chose what we like and what we don't like

-Unwanting Erections XD especially on public and wearing jeans, and you pubic hair gets stuck.... the irritation... D:

- Too much pubic TBH... sometimes they are irritating 

-That guys must always have short hair. I mean what is wrong having long hair?

Edited by Nihi The Brony
  • Brohoof 1