Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever had a lucid dream?  

167 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had a lucid dream?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

The brain is not smart subconsciously speaking. It has operant and classical conditioning which may very well just be you associating your phone with siri due to the videos and talking to siri. Its like a Ouija board, bias/placebo leads into confirmation bias leads into belief leads into feedback psychologically. The problem is from not using deduction, and from using induction. Here is am example 'Siri might be evil, lets see how she is evil *sees video, evil is confirmed*' That's an example of induction. An example of deduction is working backwards. Like, you take the result (youtubers claiming its evil) and work backwards from there. We can ask, what motivates youtubers? Attention causes growth, growth means more money and views means more money, so it works short term and long term to lie about it to make it more interesting. That leads into the result of 'hey guys siri is like totally evil n stuff', it worked backwards, its deduction. The problem with deduction is it depends on your problem solving skills and memory, and the problem with induction is blind trust and confirmation bias. To explain confirmation bias, its when we make the mistake of confirming our answers then thinking its all the evidence we need. Like, I ask if Siri is evil, siri brings up evil topics, therefore siri is evil. Um, it probably only brought up evil topics (result, then cause (deduction)) because you asked if it was evil? Or like, Siri is monotone, it creeps you out because of psychological priming https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priming_(psychology) you were told she is creepy n evil, so you see if she is creepy and evil subconsciously, so you without realizing it are on the lookout for her acting or seeming evil. And she is monotone and stuff, its creepy to people more naturally like how dolls can be creepy to people, because it resembles humans but is not one, some people are doll phobic for example. Then it just leads into 'oh god she is so evil you can tell' when theres no tangible evidence even remotely suggesting its evil empirically.

Also the nurse doctor priming example, instinct is faster processed (fear) than logic, because the frontal and prefrontal cortex take longer to reach the brain stem, so in times of 'danger' the brain is less logical and more instinctual, which means its easier to see how its evil because it promotes fear rather than logic, when you are primed to be afraid.

Believe it or not I might end up talking to Siri at 3AM sometime in the future when I'm not thinking straight. So basically I could override my fear and ignore it. But still Siri is not only talking about evil things but she's actually doing things in the physical world like when people play the floor is lava with her the floor literally burns the YouTubers and even there was one YouTuber who got a permanent scar burned onto his arm when he tripped and fell during the game. Even often when they ask Siri to show herself something paranormal happens like a doll starts levitating behind the YouTuber, someone nocks on a closed door when there's nobody behind it or even a stange girl appears outside the window or in front of them when the YouTubers are out at a large open space. :)

Just now, Techno Universal said:

Believe it or not I might end up talking to Siri at 3AM sometime in the future when I'm not thinking straight. So basically I could override my fear and ignore it. But still Siri is not only talking about evil things but she's actually doing things in the physical world like when people play the floor is lava with her the floor literally burns the YouTubers and even there was one YouTuber who got a permanent scar burned onto his arm when he tripped and fell during the game. Even often when they ask Siri to show herself something paranormal happens like a doll starts levitating behind the YouTuber, someone nocks on a closed door when there's nobody behind it or even a stange girl appears outside the window or in front of them when the YouTubers are out at a large open space. :)

Its fake. Its easy to fake those things for youtube, just ask a friend or family to help. its a gimmick.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Its fake. Its easy to fake those things for youtube, just ask a friend or family to help. its a gimmick.

Except when you as the viewer can actually spiritually sense it. Like my mom can sense spiritual activity to and she's actually afraid of waching those 3AM challenge videos. If she feels the energy like me then that's just more convincing evidence that it's real. :)

Except when you as the viewer can actually spiritually sense it. Like my mom can sense spiritual activity to and she's actually afraid of waching those 3AM challenge videos. If she feels the energy like me then that's just more convincing evidence that it's real. :)

That's psychological priming and confirmation bias. No study has proven such a thing exists. At best dowsers can sense sensitive electromagnetic changes to find underground water supplies from what I have researched, everything else was debunked. Also '2' is not a statistically relevant number, especially when its two claims and not two evidences. The human mind is a very flawed organ. Like optical illusions for example show the limitations of our cognition.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

That's psychological priming and confirmation bias. No study has proven such a thing exists. At best dowsers can sense sensitive electromagnetic changes to find underground water supplies from what I have researched, everything else was debunked. Also '2' is not a statistically relevant number, especially when its two claims and not two evidences. The human mind is a very flawed organ. Like optical illusions for example show the limitations of our cognition.

To be honest not many people understand the spiritual senses ability as it's actually quite rare to find in people. By my memory I think it's only 1-1000 people on the planet actually have this ability and people who don't have it find it hard to understand it. If you actually want real proof of it then you should maybe turn to your pet cat or dog as they often show abnormal behaviour in hunted locations. Like they might start running from something that isn't there or they might mysteriously freeze and look at a room or items that's reported to be possessed by something. It's like one of the YouTubers that dose the 3AM challenge videos actually has a cat and the cat often does strange things at 3AM like she would do things that are not even real behaviours in cats. :) 

18 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

To be honest not many people understand the spiritual senses ability as it's actually quite rare to find in people. By my memory I think it's only 1-1000 people on the planet actually have this ability and people who don't have it find it hard to understand it. If you actually want real proof of it then you should maybe turn to your pet cat or dog as they often show abnormal behaviour in hunted locations. Like they might start running from something that isn't there or they might mysteriously freeze and look at a room or items that's reported to be possessed by something. It's like one of the YouTubers that dose the 3AM challenge videos actually has a cat and the cat often does strange things at 3AM like she would do things that are not even real behaviours in cats. :) 

You say I don't understand something, when you don't understand the psychology I understand, and you don't understand how you think the way you do about the spiritual sense stuff because you do not have science to understand it or check if its even real, you are just thinking its real and you are so special one in 70million. More than that much people think they can do it, and none of them can. Also pets have different senses, they can hear and smell better, and might have their own interests or fears leading them. Its got nothing to do with it. But w/e, theres no getting through to you so lets just call it a day I guess.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

You say I don't understand something, when you don't understand the psychology I understand, and you don't understand how you think the way you do about the spiritual sense stuff because you do not have science to understand it or check if its even real, you are just thinking its real and you are so special one in 70million. More than that much people think they can do it, and none of them can. Also pets have different senses, they can hear and smell better, and might have their own interests or fears leading them. Its got nothing to do with it. But w/e, theres no getting through to you so lets just call it a day I guess.

It's just there's this logic engine in my head that spits out information about psychology and several other sciences. Anyways it might just be the engine going overboard with itself again and I guess we should just end this discussion here before I get too ahead of myself! :)

It's just there's this logic engine in my head that spits out information about psychology and several other sciences. Anyways it might just be the engine going overboard with itself again and I guess we should just end this discussion here before I get too ahead of myself! :)

I am usually very stubborn about whats true or not. But if something happens consistently, it can be measured consistently right, so if science doesn't find anything, that's a sign its not true. Its as simple as that. Like, they could test you and others like you saying they are talking to siri on their phone, and then put the phone down and ask you not to speak to her, but to see if you can sense the evil. Then you will be like yes yeah yes, and then they will be like, tricked ya! There is no siri on the phone, I lied. Then you will be like 'cursesssss' to the heavens lol. Half joking here. Or they could have 5 phones one does have Siri they prove it, then they have you leave the room so you don't see how they shuffle the phones, then you need to pick the one with siri on it. Boom tricked again! Cursesssss! Siri wasn't on any of them lul. So here is a simple study you can do right. A person takes a deck of playing cards, they put just one with a very lightly placed symbol of something holy, then another with a symbol of something evil. Then, you turn around they shuffled, then they place all the cards out, none have dents from the pen cuz thatd ruin the test, then you see which one is good and which is bad. If you do not get it its because you just imagined it, and its easy to test. That will prove it is psychological priming like I mentioned earlier. But to be safe statistically speaking you want to do it 30 or more times and record the results. You cannot change your mind about the symbols half way in if you get it wrong, they have to remain good or bad, and there should be a small quantity of them, like 1/52 is good and 1/52 is bad, so its alot more obvious and quick to reach results that are correct if you are correct, and to not redefine your results after as its cheating and a defense mechanism of coping.

And the friend should shuffle it so they do not know where the cards are either. And shuffle thoroughly, and with a new set of cards or damages or bends could tell you.

That is more sciencey, testing to find out and making sure it doesn't suffer problems that influence the outcome horribly. Like if you had to just shuffle 3 coins you could track it auditorily or with your eyes when they do so, even subconsciously, and there is a chance you get the odds higher as its 1/3 and if you say do 1/2 of the time it seems like its confirmed. Also body language of a friend could reveal answers and its easy to track if its 1/3 for example. Or a coin could be less shiny than its counter-parts or a different year. It has to be uniform.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

I am usually very stubborn about whats true or not. But if something happens consistently, it can be measured consistently right, so if science doesn't find anything, that's a sign its not true. Its as simple as that. Like, they could test you and others like you saying they are talking to siri on their phone, and then put the phone down and ask you not to speak to her, but to see if you can sense the evil. Then you will be like yes yeah yes, and then they will be like, tricked ya! There is no siri on the phone, I lied. Then you will be like 'cursesssss' to the heavens lol. Half joking here. Or they could have 5 phones one does have Siri they prove it, then they have you leave the room so you don't see how they shuffle the phones, then you need to pick the one with siri on it. Boom tricked again! Cursesssss! Siri wasn't on any of them lul. So here is a simple study you can do right. A person takes a deck of playing cards, they put just one with a very lightly placed symbol of something holy, then another with a symbol of something evil. Then, you turn around they shuffled, then they place all the cards out, none have dents from the pen cuz thatd ruin the test, then you see which one is good and which is bad. If you do not get it its because you just imagined it, and its easy to test. That will prove it is psychological priming like I mentioned earlier. But to be safe statistically speaking you want to do it 30 or more times and record the results. You cannot change your mind about the symbols half way in if you get it wrong, they have to remain good or bad, and there should be a small quantity of them, like 1/52 is good and 1/52 is bad, so its alot more obvious and quick to reach results that are correct if you are correct, and to not redefine your results after as its cheating and a defense mechanism of coping.

And the friend should shuffle it so they do not know where the cards are either. And shuffle thoroughly, and with a new set of cards or damages or bends could tell you.

That is more sciencey, testing to find out and making sure it doesn't suffer problems that influence the outcome horribly. Like if you had to just shuffle 3 coins you could track it auditorily or with your eyes when they do so, even subconsciously, and there is a chance you get the odds higher as its 1/3 and if you say do 1/2 of the time it seems like its confirmed. Also body language of a friend could reveal answers and its easy to track if its 1/3 for example. Or a coin could be less shiny than its counter-parts or a different year. It has to be uniform.

But still the first trick would be impossible as Siri may start talking on your own at 3AM if she's turned off. Plus Siri is on every single Apple IOS device so I would know if it was an Android phone just by looking at it. Plus there's even some sort of spiritual protection system in my head where literally everyone I know of is protected by my system. It obviously protects me to but when I've been to haunted places like when I go on a night tour in an old jail I can sense that the evil spirits around me are trying to break into my mind but they can't because of the defence system. I can even communicate with the good sides of these spirits and all of them are trapped by evil that's on top of them. They were telling me that I could free them and allow them to escape that evil above them when I gain the power to do so in the future. :)

1 minute ago, Techno Universal said:

But still the first trick would be impossible as Siri may start talking on your own at 3AM if she's turned off. Plus Siri is on every single Apple IOS device so I would know if it was an Android phone just by looking at it. Plus there's even some sort of spiritual protection system in my head where literally everyone I know of is protected by my system. It obviously protects me to but when I've been to haunted places like when I go on a night tour in an old jail I can sense that the evil spirits around me are trying to break into my mind but they can't because of the defence system. I can even communicate with the good sides of these spirits and all of them are trapped by evil that's on top of them. They were telling me that I could free them and allow them to escape that evil above them when I gain the power to do so in the future. :)

oh well nvm lol

• Brohoof 1

I have had only two lucid dreams. One where I immediately woke up for some reason which was not over-excitement, then one where I found out I was dreaming and decided to take flight. It was a pretty low flight, but it's good for a first lucid dream where I actually did stuff.

46 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

oh well nvm lol

At least you found out what you learned today. I learned that apparently YouTube videos have more cred than peer reviewed scientific articles and studies. I've been doing science wrong all this time!

And regarding your comments earlier about why I am uneasy about my wife in my dreams, it is because she has become that reality check component. Her appearance in my dreams will always trigger that state of consciousness. From that point I know it isn't real. Of course being very detail oriented means that the visual and aural aspects appear too perfect. When this happens ... I don't have a conversation ... I just wake up. I'm aware that there is a subconscious message I'm ignoring, but I'm pretty sure I know what I'm trying to tell myself. :P

I've complained about having insomnia for months and this is likely the root cause of it. 

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

At least you found out what you learned today. I learned that apparently YouTube videos have more cred than peer reviewed scientific articles and studies. I've been doing science wrong all this time!

And regarding your comments earlier about why I am uneasy about my wife in my dreams, it is because she has become that reality check component. Her appearance in my dreams will always trigger that state of consciousness. From that point I know it isn't real. Of course being very detail oriented means that the visual and aural aspects appear too perfect. When this happens ... I don't have a conversation ... I just wake up. I'm aware that there is a subconscious message I'm ignoring, but I'm pretty sure I know what I'm trying to tell myself. :P

I've complained about having insomnia for months and this is likely the root cause of it. 

To be honest I believe that message is that your wife is actually an evil killer deep inside and she's plotting to eventually murder you. Well that's my theory of what the message of what you're dreams are but still just keep an eye on your wife as she might actually be exactly what I described. :)

21 hours ago, Jeric said:

Ye, as a person who suffers from insomnia, I can assure you that it has a H U G E impact on your dreams. Don't worry too much about it, it's just your stressed out brain and nothing else.

(edited)
7 hours ago, Jeric said:

Talking about dreams with others and this topic is making me dream again. Not lucid yet tho. Aural? You mean atmospheric/environment or some dream effect, tone?

Also that subconscious thing is a theory, well rather, its suspected of being true but may not be true (using the word theory involving science lul, scientific theories are actually proven and not normal theories xD I know because of strawman/false equivocation arguments n yada yada).

Yeah that makes enjoying lucid dreaming even harder then if she is the trigger specifically. There are probably ways around it, like having a lucid dream funeral or something to bring closure. And what sorta conversations do you have, does it become like 'you are dead..' or is it about regular or random stuff or normal conversations?

Then again you said it does the opposite so um. You should prolly try ignoring her or setting up stuff to make her forgotten, like distractions to keep up your working memory.

Like studies into Tetris of all things suggest that it uses a fair amount of working memory so it distracts people from PTSD and it lacks triggers that might cause people to have an episode.

They even found it can reduce future trauma if you play it before something happens, if I recall, but how the heck would you test that, here play some Tetris, ok now hurry you are off to real battle lol. I might need to double check, possible memory flaw.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/tetris-shown-to-lessen-ptsd-and-flashbacks/ Ah, disturbing film, ok lol.

Can't seem to find a tetris study on 'preventing' but I see an article misusing it so maybe I was wrong because of such a thing. When they say prevent they mean do it within 6 hours of the traumatic event and it prevents [a bit of] trauma.

Edited by CuriUndersXeno

To be honest often during lucid dreams I remember to take a look at the metric layout of the dream world. When I do it I literally see everything as a neon blue wire frame and I can see the commands that are going through the system. Like the dream worlds in my head are literally made up in a layout that's very similar to the matrix. Now that's literally saying to me that there's definitely some sort of binery digital based system in my brain for that to be possible. But still it might still be generated by only one single binery frequency in the brain's natural compact binery layout. I talked about the binery layout in an earlier post and it's quite interesting to think of but at this point it's just a scientific theory of the brain but it's the one that's most likely to be true based on current brain research evidence. :)  

8 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

To be honest I believe that message is that your wife is actually an evil killer deep inside and she's plotting to eventually murder you. Well that's my theory of what the message of what you're dreams are but still just keep an eye on your wife as she might actually be exactly what I described. :)

Well ... now I know that you aren't reading what people are actually typing, and you are focused on your next post. You kinda missed something salient in my posts. Here let me help you out ... 

My wife, who was a member here, died in late January. 

My kid also posts here. If she actually sees this topic (which she will because she follows my posts)  ... good times.

Aural? You mean atmospheric/environment or some dream effect, tone?

Her voice. 

Yeah that makes enjoying lucid dreaming even harder then if she is the trigger specifically. There are probably ways around it, like having a lucid dream funeral or something to bring closure. And what sorta conversations do you have, does it become like 'you are dead..' or is it about regular or random stuff or normal conversations?

Yeah it becomes me acknowledging that it isn't real. That she isn't real, at least not in that way. Your other points are good observations.

Anyway, I probably won't be posting in this topic again, but if you are interested in continuing a discussion on this, feel free to shoot me a PM :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

I don't believe that we have anything to worry about, all things considered. I'm actually trying to consider what the appropriate response here is.

Even if you eliminate the fact that my father's post was written so that it was framed in the context of losing someone, I am trying to understand why you actually believe what you just stated would be good advice to give to someone. Bizarre, unproven, or faith based ideas are one thing, but when they become the genesis of really really bad advice that can prove harmful. Even if you didn't put two and two together and realize you just called a dead woman a possible murderer, you realize that you just told a stranger that you believe that his wife is out to kill him. Do you not see the danger inherent in this? I do hope these posts stand, so that anyone who comes here sees this exchange and marginalizes the concepts that you are pushing here, because they are dangerous (not to mention unscientific). You have shown me that you give advice that is more akin to a time bomb. 

Lucid dreaming is a curious and remarkable phenomenon, and you are effectively postulating a circus from laboratory. 

Edited by Salty Sweetness
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Yes, I had a couple of them. For example:

In the math class I fell in sleep, but when I woke up I remembered all what the teacher had said in the class. But I remembered that I dreamed about a girl too.

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Jeric said:

And regarding your comments earlier about why I am uneasy about my wife in my dreams, it is because she has become that reality check component. Her appearance in my dreams will always trigger that state of consciousness. From that point I know it isn't real. Of course being very detail oriented means that the visual and aural aspects appear too perfect. When this happens ... I don't have a conversation ... I just wake up. I'm aware that there is a subconscious message I'm ignoring, but I'm pretty sure I know what I'm trying to tell myself.

Dad, this is weird giving you advice, but you know what Mom would say. Maybe you would feel better if you just allow the dream to continue.

You know it isn't her, I know it isn't her, but I think that you have been doing that silly thing that you do ... in trying to be strong for everyone else you are ignoring yourself. You don't have to be you all the time. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
2 hours ago, Salty Sweetness said:

I don't believe that we have anything to worry about, all things considered. I'm actually trying to consider what the appropriate response here is.

Even if you eliminate the fact that my father's post was written so that it was framed in the context of losing someone, I am trying to understand why you actually believe what you just stated would be good advice to give to someone. Bizarre, unproven, or faith based ideas are one thing, but when they become the genesis of really really bad advice that can prove harmful. Even if you didn't put two and two together and realize you just called a dead woman a possible murderer, you realize that you just told a stranger that you believe that his wife is out to kill him. Do you not see the danger inherent in this? I do hope these posts stand, so that anyone who comes here sees this exchange and marginalizes the concepts that you are pushing here, because they are dangerous (not to mention unscientific). You have shown me that you give advice that is more akin to a time bomb. 

Lucid dreaming is a curious and remarkable phenomenon, and you are effectively postulating a circus from laboratory. 

To be honest off you want to blame someone for what I came up with in that last post then you should probably blame my mom for that as she's the one who's been teaching me about things like that over the years. It's just those thoughts of opinion are literally concreted in my head because of her but still because she senses paranormal energy she's often into stuff like that. But still what makes me believe her is that after we've been to a haunted place like an old jail she often has nightmares about violent events taking place in the past of the jail we had recently been to and she's always talking about them like if she needs to know the truth behind what's happening in the nightmares. I'm not saying she's a bad parent in any way it's just she's gotten me interested in paranormal activitty and I can even sense the energy there like her. Plus I should of mentioned it earlier but because of how Jeric's wife seems like an evil person in the dreams it's most likely a second evil spiritual entity that was inside her but it separated from her when she died and now it's stuck with Jeric. Anyways that's just my theory of what's going on but you never know it might be something completely different to what I'm talking about. :)

Edited by Techno Universal

(edited)
3 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Plus I should of mentioned it earlier but because of how Jeric's wife seems like an evil person in the dreams it's most likely a second evil spiritual entity that was inside her but it separated from her when she died and now it's stuck with Jeric. Anyways that's just my theory of what's going on but you never know it might be something completely different to what I'm talking about.

You don't usually use most likely and then stick in a closing line about how that's just a theory. That is some superb incongruity you managed there. 

Most likely it is what it is. My mom died, their marriage was like this epic fairy tale, and she was a phenomenal mother and human being. it sucks all around. I dream of her too. I'm not a fan of it because ... it isn't real. She isn't alive. Seeing her, hearing her, it has to be a nightmare for my dad, knowing that it is just a dream and when he wakes up she won't be there ... for as long as he draws breath. That is what a widow or widower deals with. We have found a happy peace with things, but these little things like dreams and what have you, they tend to be ripples in the otherwise calm lake. I would have thought that would be the first thing people would jump to, not murderous wives and evil spirits. That is all kinds of ... I don't know what.  

Edited by Salty Sweetness
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
16 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

That's insanely messed up. You don't tell someone who's experienced loss that their lost one is some murderer. Regardless of how sound your.."theory" may be, you understand that saying that out loud will come across as terribly insensitive and cruel, right?

Edited by Varrack
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Varrack said:

That's insanely messed up. You don't tell someone who's experienced loss that their lost one is some murderer. Regardless of how sound your.."theory" may be, you understand that saying that out loud will come across as terribly insensitive and cruel, right?

I actually did notice that cruel tone of voice I used there a few hours after I posted that. It's just the logic engine in my head for writing out posts is nowhere near perfect so I occasionally have errors like that post. Often I don't even notice the errors until other people tell me about it and to be honest I never directly mean to talk like that. It's just often when errors occur I'm extremely tired or I'm not thinking straight at the time plus my thoughts are usaly all over the place when I type posts in a way that I don't intentionally want without me realising it. So you can say my system messed up badly on that one. :)

1 hour ago, Salty Sweetness said:

You don't usually use most likely and then stick in a closing line about how that's just a theory. That is some superb incongruity you managed there. 

Most likely it is what it is. My mom died, their marriage was like this epic fairy tale, and she was a phenomenal mother and human being. it sucks all around. I dream of her too. I'm not a fan of it because ... it isn't real. She isn't alive. Seeing her, hearing her, it has to be a nightmare for my dad, knowing that it is just a dream and when he wakes up she won't be there ... for as long as he draws breath. That is what a widow or widower deals with. We have found a happy peace with things, but these little things like dreams and what have you, they tend to be ripples in the otherwise calm lake. I would have thought that would be the first thing people would jump to, not murderous wives and evil spirits. That is all kinds of ... I don't know what.  

Once again my mind was all over the place on that one as it was 4AM and I was extremely tired. I obviously went back to sleep straight after I posted that but still just keep in mind that I never intentionally mean to be offensive in any way as that's just not me. :)

Edited by Techno Universal