Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever had a lucid dream?  

167 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had a lucid dream?

• Yes
    • No

I was able to (intentionally) achieve lucid status twice. I wrote down the experience elsewhere, but I'll just try to go by memory when describing it.

The first time it happened, I woke up in bed in the dream, and felt very heavy. I fell out of bed and couldn't get back to my feet. I knew I was dreaming, but I could barely control my body. Also, at one point I closed my eyes and wasn't able to open them. I woke up pretty quickly after that.

The second time started the same way, except that I was actually able to get to my feet. The room was noticeably bare, with nothing but the overhead fan, my bed, and a door leading out. Just walking around was difficult, and it felt like I was moving through water. Then I recieved a phone-call from my father. I answered it and he started talking about money and college and bunch of other stuff that I didn't want to hear in a dream. Taking advantage of this once in a life-time opportunity, I told him "f**** you" and hung up on him. I was feeling pretty good about myself, and tried to make another person appear in the dream with me. Unfortunately, that was when I woke up.

Note: This was part of a larger dream which can be read about here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/5849-your-weirdest-dreams/page__st__100

Dream:

I walked through the mall in my super mario pajama pants, lamenting my situation. No wallet, no key, nothing to do.

Wait... I was dreaming. This was all a dream.

The world around me grew white and hazy as I came to this realization.

No, I don't want to wake up yet! I want to remain asleep!

I was suddenly in complete control of my actions, walking through a white void. Movement was slow, as if underwater; this same feeling has accompanied me through every lucid dreaming experience.

Now that I was in control, it was time to start affecting the course of the dream. I tried to think of what I wanted to do more than anything else. The answer came to me in a flash. I closed my eyes and concentrated.

Well, hello Fluttershy. You are looking adorable as always. How about a hug?

Yes, that's right. I got to hug a life-size Fluttershy in my dream. Jealous?

Almost all the dreams I dream is lucid dreaming... But my brain is a troll and do all the opposite things of what I want :(

It's very rare that my brain actually don't do that, but I haven't been lucky enough to go to Equestria...Yet :P

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I've wanted to have a lucid dream ever since I heard of them. I've tried on and off to do it, but I can never become conscious.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? What was it like, and how did you become lucid?

(Lucid dream = you know you're dreaming)

Edit:

Yes, I used Google. Just wondering how you guys PERSONALLY do it / feel about it.

Edited by Ninjaneer

I've wanted to have a lucid dream ever since I heard of them. I've tried on and off to do it, but I can never become conscious.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? What was it like, and how did you become lucid?

(Lucid dream = you know you're dreaming)

I had a lucid dream but I was tired so I went to sleep and then I woke up but I was tired again so I fell asleep then I woke up panting then I went back to sleep then I went back to waking up but just went sleep....then I woke up again and thought "Is this a dream or real life....or a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream...."

You could try harder...

Just kidding. Remember; Google is your friend

Work smarter, not harder!

I DID try using Google for research on the topic, but I wanted some more... personal tips. What works for who, etc.

Ive had lucid dreams before, and if you want to have one well then lmgtfy,you know what, never mind im to lazy

I had a lucid dream but I was tired so I went to sleep and then I woke up but I was tired again so I fell asleep then I woke up panting then I went back to sleep then I went back to waking up but just went sleep....then I woke up again and thought "Is this a dream or real life....or a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream...."

Inception.

Cue the inception. Actually, I think I remember correctly that it's a form lucid dreaming if you can tell the different distinction from the room. Least that from I remember when I researched it.

I have gotten a few lucid dreams before but I never was able to fully control them (only for a min than woke up). I never really decide to push it.

From what I remember correctly you have to have a dream journal and find some sort of common occurrence in your dreams. You than realize that you are in a dream and you go from there.

I have a few times, but even though I realized that I was dreaming I still didn't wake up. I'm unsure how much time went, by the time I realized it.. However it probably was a few hours, but then again there is no way of knowing how much time went by.

You will probably end up getting one someday without even trying to.

There was already a thread about lucid dreaming, so I merged them at your leisure. :)

oh, thanks! I thought it got deleted for whatever reason.

"The topic you were trying to reply to couldn't be found!"

Me: "wat"

oh, thanks! I thought it got deleted for whatever reason.

"The topic you were trying to reply to couldn't be found!"

Me: "wat"

I had to retype my message because it was saying I didn't have permission to post, so I was about to freak out too. But it's good to know, that it was just from a moderators merging topics.

(edited)

I had to retype my message because it was saying I didn't have permission to post, so I was about to freak out too. But it's good to know, that it was just from a moderators merging topics.

maybe an error message saying the topic was merged would be helpful.

ANYWAYS

Back on topic- for a while I've had a dream journal and occasionally get a memorable dream. The problem?

Remembering to write them down.

Which sucks, because I remember having two pony dreams, but I don't remember what happened in them.

Edited by Ninjaneer

maybe an error message saying the topic was merged would be helpful.

ANYWAYS

Back on topic- for a while I've had a dream journal and occasionally get a memorable dream. The problem?

Remembering to write them down.

Which sucks, because I remember having two pony dreams, but I don't remember what happened in them.

Fail.. no wait... EPIC fail...no wait not good 'nuff, EPIC FAIL!!!, meh good 'nuff

I've had a ton of lucid dreams, most of them good. A lot of them went by me saying "Look, I gotta get back to the real world, is there anyway?". Usually, I followed a formula where I blink mah eyes 3 times in order to wake up. It worked quite a lot but after one dream where all it would do was start an earthquake, I decided to ditch the idea. Now, I use a different method to wake up, but I have NO idea how I really do it. When I'm in danger, I just seem to force myself to wakeup during the dream (I think it's me doing some quick yet hard concentration, but I can't really tell)

I have tried, once i had a dream which i could kinda control, i was running away from someone...

and i could control my turns, i was in some kind of area where there were multiple gate/brick like things,

but i hit one and the dream ended...

I guess I had something like that before. I was having a nightmare one night and it was so bad I tried to force myself to wake up. I was hitting my head on anything yelling, "Wake up!", repeatedly in my dream. I woke up immediately with a headache.

I've had a ton of lucid dreams, most of them good. A lot of them went by me saying "Look, I gotta get back to the real world, is there anyway?". Usually, I followed a formula where I blink mah eyes 3 times in order to wake up. It worked quite a lot but after one dream where all it would do was start an earthquake, I decided to ditch the idea. Now, I use a different method to wake up, but I have NO idea how I really do it. When I'm in danger, I just seem to force myself to wakeup during the dream (I think it's me doing some quick yet hard concentration, but I can't really tell)

wait, that's waking up from a lucid dream?

Instead of making yourself wake up, try closing your eyes and spinning around. Instead of waking up, you appear in a different and usually safer location / dream.

OR SO I'VE HEARD...

wish I could say that from experience. D:

I lucid dream all the time, there are ways of exercising yourself in order to lucid dream more often...... my older bro started teaching me all about this sort of stuff when he got into it in a big way :)

Just woke up. I didn't lucid dream of course, but I DID have a weird dream about trying to tune a weird rectangular harp.

Why can't my dreams be more interesting ...

My lucid dreams are always like movies. I watch things play out in front of me rather than feel like I'm actually there. It's like the dream skips the part about seeming realistic and just runs through the events as if shot on camera and edited together.

So far I've watched a "movie" about miners who uncover a huge pre-existing tunnel system rife with gems, coal and huge tunneling beetles.

I've watched one about a zombie apocalypse wherein the hero (played by me) ends up being simultaneously immune to the zombie virus and responsible for its creation. I discovered, in a sudden twist even I didn't know was coming, that I was a doctor who had previously injected myself with an early prototype of the virus for testing and had gone crazy for a little while, biting a few of my staff members, who would become the first zombies. The prototype acted as a vaccine for me so I was able to recover but with no memory of the events.

I watched one where "I" was swimming in the middle of the ocean at night, and I saw a tube sticking out. I entered it and discovered it led all the way down to the bottom of the ocean, where people had built a city. It turns out I was like 30,000 years in the future and all the ice on Earth had melted, so the Earth had no more land masses above water. I convince some people there to take a sub out to the underwater ruins of New York, unvisited for millennia, and we find out that aliens actually invaded the Earth a few thousand years before and had been living there, unaware of humans. The original invaders had long since died and the aliens thought THEY were the original Earthlings, and it had been THEIR people who built New York. This one bums me out because I woke up before I could see a fitting conclusion to this crazy story.

Long story short, you guys have to try lucid dreaming if you haven't. You've probably got some kind of awesome movie sitting around in your head, just waiting for you to watch it.

• Brohoof 1

-snip-

Long story short, you guys have to try lucid dreaming if you haven't. You've probably got some kind of awesome movie sitting around in your head, just waiting for you to watch it.

I'm so jelly.

Since I posted last, I've gotten to a point where I have at least one intentionally-induced lucid dream a week.

Mostly I've just been taking in the dream scenery, flying around, and dabbling in shapeshifting, but for some reason I almost always have a "guide" of some kind (usually a family member), who's had more experience with lucid dreams than I.