Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Atomic Rainboom

I mean, you can always just not watch them if they bother you so much :P

There's no point in complaining about something that you don't have to do, honestly. No one's forcing you to watch those videos, so just don't :D That's all there is to it, bud.

• Brohoof 1

I mean, you can always just not watch them if they bother you so much :P

There's no point in complaining about something that you don't have to do, honestly. No one's forcing you to watch those videos, so just don't :D That's all there is to it, bud.

I know, I just wanted to know why somebody would think it was a good idea.

I know, I just wanted to know why somebody would think it was a good idea.

Kind of like why critics review movies, I guess - to give people an idea of what to expect, or to just share opinions and what not. Either/or.

I don't really enjoy watching review vids. They bore me, and I'd honestly rather form my own opinions on the show, thank you very much. Plus, incessant criticizing and nitpicking isn't needed for this show, or any form of media. If you don't like something, by all means, criticize it, but I don't think sitting there and pointing out every little mistake will get anyone anywhere.

As for reaction vids, I've never watched them, so I honestly can't even begin on why those exist :D They seem kind of goofy, judging by the thumbnails. Don't have any plans to watch them, either, so meh.

i watch them sometimes but only specific episodes, its interesting to see how they're reactions are different to my own, i've seen a few where they are quite clear that they're a bit more into the show than I am. :P

i can get the same annoying noises and remarks in the movie theatre... so yeah i just ignore these. its disappointing to find a video clip youre looking for and then its just one of those and you have to rifle through a slew of them to find what youre looking for.

Someone should do a reaction to the reaction videos.  It would blow some minds.  Wait...  Isn't this topic, in and of itself, a reaction to the reaction videos?!?  Whoa.

Everything on the internet is a "good" idea.  At least during that precious, blissful little moment that someone uploads something and has convinced themselves of its apparent goodness.  Also, boredom is a thing.  That could explain both their existence and their popularity.  Are they popular??  I don't watch them. xD  If I'm active on Youtube, I'm probably seeking out a particular clip of RD or watching an unboxing of something I don't really need.

• Brohoof 2

Someone should do a reaction to the reaction videos.  It would blow some minds.

Best idea I've ever heard.

Some reaction videos might be warranted and amusing, but I do find it dumb and funny that there are so flippin many.  For every single video on youtube, there is a reaction video for kids, teens, adults, and elders.  I did like the parody, "Mane 6 reacts to G1 MLP" in one of the pony anythologies.  That was a crack up.  RD's reaction was priceless.

• Brohoof 1

The parody reaction videos are amusing, and I count the Bronies React series in that group. If it's a straight up reaction video, I'm generally not interested.

• Brohoof 1

Well, for me, they're just entertaining, and it kinda feels like I'm watching a vid with a fellow brony. You have YouTubers who will react to episodes and/or fan vids as well.

Guys like Alex Side and Ratchetness are just entertaining for me to watch. No other reason than that.

They're like let's plays. People don't watch them to be informed about something, they do it to watch the personality making the video. Purely for entertainment. Personally, I do t watch very many reaction videos, but I do like Bronies React.

I personally find those videos entertaining and I like seeing different points of view.

They're like let's plays. People don't watch them to be informed about something, they do it to watch the personality making the video. Purely for entertainment. Personally, I do t watch very many reaction videos, but I do like Bronies React.

I beg to differ.
  • Brohoof 1

cause people are stupid and think seing some guy´s boring reaction (or really really fake reaction) is entertainment.

pretty much riding out of pewdiepie´s fame.

(edited)

I don't watch them myself, but I'd bet there are probably some people who do them that are just funny, and people would want to watch their reaction/review because they know they'll get a laugh out of it because the person doing it is good at comedy and being funny.

Also, on this topic, if anyone hasn't seen this video, it's absolutely hilarious and awesome, so watch it: 

Edited by Cork Top