Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Can Pony Twilight Be In Rainbow Rocks?

LZRD WZRD

(edited)

So the portal to Equestria only opens once every 30 moons, right? Well how in the hay is Twilight going to return to the human world in Rainbow Rocks!? A moon is about a month. So you're telling me 30 months pass between the movies at least!? I don't buy it.

Edited by LZRD WZRD

So the portal to Equestria only opens once every 30 moons, right? Well how in the hay is Twilight going to return to the human world in Rainbow Rocks!? A moon is about a month. So you're telling me 30 months pass between the movies at least!? I don't buy it.

Don't you see? It's the other Twilight who had a dog named spike who moved to the city. There was a Twilight in that universe, except she never got moved into a gifted student class and never went to Canterlot High and met the others. But now she did. I think. Or maybe we can blame Sunset Shimmer for it. Something like that.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Don't you see? It's the other Twilight who had a dog named spike who moved to the city. There was a Twilight in that universe, except she never got moved into a gifted student class and never went to Canterlot High and met the others. But now she did. I think. Or maybe we can blame Sunset Shimmer for it. Something like that.

Well I would have thought that too, but the leaked synopsis stated that it was pony Twilight who comes back :/

I am shore that they will explain it, I just hope that they don't take the easy way and say that 30 months have passed since the last movie.

Especially since they don't look to have aged at all :P

Edited by LZRD WZRD

Are you honestly expecting EqG to keep a cohesive timeline and plot elements? I mean they can't even get the age difference between the mane 6 and the CMC correct, and despite being seniors Big Mac, who is older than AJ is still attending highschool. I honestly just gave up on the plot in EqG2, and am just going to torrent it so I can get screen caps of human background ponies.

post-23625-0-86951100-1405800245.png

And for those thinking it is human Twalot, that is a big negative. And you can confirm this via both horse news, and equestria daily.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight isn't coming back to the human world. The Twilight in Rainbow Rocks is Twilight's doppelganger. In EG Pinkie asked Twilight if she was another girl's twin because they look alike and they have the same dog (Spike). It just means that Twilight's double was never in the school in EG but in another and in Rainbow Rocks, Twilight must've transferred. 

Twilight isn't coming back to the human world. The Twilight in Rainbow Rocks is Twilight's doppelganger. In EG Pinkie asked Twilight if she was another girl's twin because they look alike and they have the same dog (Spike). It just means that Twilight's double was never in the school in EG but in another and in Rainbow Rocks, Twilight must've transferred. 

But the official synopsis states that Sunny somehow calls the pony Twily to come back to the human world, hence the topic

• Brohoof 1

I still don't know what they mean by moons, as the show is already pretty inconsistant itself in regards to using moons to determine time.

So I pretty much gave up on following a timeline other than following episode order :P

Really? A lot of people say the Twilight in the film is a doppelganger. Let's just wait and see.

Most of us expected that Twily involved there was the one native to the human world, but unless the synopsis is mistaken (that can't be completely be ruled out either). On the other hand, it would make sense if they used the pony Twily because...... the human Twily don't have experience handling magic powered villains  :P

The synopsis doesn't say that Pony Twilight comes back, it says they *call* her back to help them perform a musical spell. It doesn't say their efforts to call her work. Maybe they fail to get Pony Twi back, but Human Twi stumbles onto the scene and the movie is about her trying to live up to the high standards set by her magical pony doppelgänger, and the rest of them learning to accept her as a friend even though she's not the same Twilight they grew to love before.

The synopsis doesn't say that Pony Twilight comes back, it says they *call* her back to help them perform a musical spell. It doesn't say their efforts to call her work. Maybe they fail to get Pony Twi back, but Human Twi stumbles onto the scene and the movie is about her trying to live up to the high standards set by her magical pony doppelgänger, and the rest of them learning to accept her as a friend even though she's not the same Twilight they grew to love before.

Ehhh, I don't know that seems like quite a stretch. Why would the synopsis be so vague and leave out details like that?

Anyway, unless there's another portal, or somehow time moves differently in each world (which would be kind of a cop out, but w/e), then I guess this is just a mistake :/

I feel the writers put themselves into a hole with the human Twilight, cuz she's been mentioned but apparently we don't see her ever. Kinda makes you wonder why they're bringing pony Twilight back and raising this question, when they could just use human Twilight (or they could've written her into the 1st movie :P ).

Its gotta be human Twilight. Sorry can't think of any other possible explanation. Plus pony twilight wouldn't have any reason to go back. Plus pony twilight can't even write with her hands. They showed twilight writing perfectly with her hands in the shake your tail clip so it has to be human Twilight not pony twilight.

Ehhh, I don't know that seems like quite a stretch. Why would the synopsis be so vague and leave out details like that?

Anyway, unless there's another portal, or somehow time moves differently in each world (which would be kind of a cop out, but w/e), then I guess this is just a mistake :/

I feel the writers put themselves into a hole with the human Twilight, cuz she's been mentioned but apparently we don't see her ever. Kinda makes you wonder why they're bringing pony Twilight back and raising this question, when they could just use human Twilight (or they could've written her into the 1st movie :P ).

Its gotta be human Twilight. Sorry can't think of any other possible explanation. Plus pony twilight wouldn't have any reason to go back. Plus pony twilight can't even write with her hands. They showed twilight writing perfectly with her hands in the shake your tail clip so it has to be human Twilight not pony twilight.

Honestly, I hope its Human Twi, since I have said to from the beginning that for this franchise to work, they HAVE TO SEPARATE THE WORLDS! Seriously, pony Twilight, honestly does not have any good reason to go back, plus between the warning about messing with dimension hoping and the mirror arc in the comics recently, I'm pretty sure that messing around with portal is a really bad idea canon wise. 

As to how long EQG is to RR, we know from the prequel comic that SS comes in sometime in freshmen year so if we assume that all the crowns that SS are not FF and possible other contest, like a winter and a spring, the we can place the girls as sophomores. If we assume that the first crown was maybe a spring formal from freshmen year and the other two were FF and another SF from sophomore year then the FF in EQG is junior year. Looking at the prequel book for the movie it says the band making is for the spring fling, thus this movie is either taking place at the end of sophomore or junior year.   

(edited)

Yo, what's up with the title change? This wasn't meant to be a discussion of the timelines :/

I mean it involves those, but the title misses the point, which was "wait! How can this be true?!" It was discussing an apparent plot hole or questionable detail in the synopsis and working out timelines is not the ONLY way to resolve this question. Can the mods please change the title BACK or at least to something like "how can Pony Twilight be in Rainbow Rocks?" Thank you

Edit: Nvm, I didn't realize I could change my own titles on this forum. Please don't mess with it again though :)

Edited by LZRD WZRD

I'm not so sure a moon is a month. In Apple Family Reunion, Granny Smith said that the reunion happens every 100 moons. If "moon" means "month", then that means it happens every 9 years and 4 months. In the first episode of MLP, we see the reunion taking place. I know for a fact that it has not been that long since Twilight first came to Ponyville. I'm gonna assume that by "moon" they mean "day". It makes much more sense than months. That means that the reunion takes place about every 2 1/2 months. This would also mean that a month has to go by before the portal opens. This makes much more sense than 2 years and 6 months.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm not so sure a moon is a month. In Apple Family Reunion, Granny Smith said that the reunion happens every 100 moons. If "moon" means "month", then that means it happens every 9 years and 4 months. In the first episode of MLP, we see the reunion taking place. I know for a fact that it has not been that long since Twilight first came to Ponyville. I'm gonna assume that by "moon" they mean "day". It makes much more sense than months. That means that the reunion takes place about every 2 1/2 months. This would also mean that a month has to go by before the portal opens. This makes much more sense than 2 years and 6 months.

I highly doubt a moon is a day. In every show/book I know of that uses moons, it refers to a moon cycle (28 days).

My guess is that the 100 moon thing and the 1st episode reunion is simply a continuity mistake. The writers frequently make mistakes like that.

Edited by LZRD WZRD

I highly doubt a moon is a day. In every show/book I know of that uses moons, it refers to a moon cycle (28 days).

My guess is that the 100 moon thing and the 1st episode reunion is simply a continuity mistake. The writers frequently make mistakes like that.

Well, then I don't know anymore. I'm out!

• 2 weeks later...

i realy cant wait for rainbow rocks and the release date is: september 2014 27  :wub:  :muffins:  :muffins:  :derp:  :eww:  :fiery:  :fiery:  :nom:

Lucky you, I have to wait a shit load of time before watching it, and I probably spoil the Dazzlers' transformation like I did with Sunny's  :(