Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you want to like, but can't

Odyssey

Yea that is the major problem with League of Legends.  My friends and I used to play it a lot a while back, but it has problems.  One of the worst is you can get involved in games were you get utterly crushed from the word go and yet you are still forced to sink an enormous amount of time into a game you aren't  enjoying at all because the means for legitimately leaving a game early is so difficult to obtain.  Surrendering requires a mandatory 20 minute wait followed by a vote that requires a 4 to 1 super majority with abstains counting as votes against surrender just to back out of a game you don't like.  Oh and extenuating circumstances, such as being down a teammate at the start of the match don't alter these criteria.  This combined with a certain lack of transparency that would cause our opponents to inexplicably out damage us early game with no forthcoming explanation resulted in my friends and I giving up the game, as we just got sick of being for to spend 30+ minutes it games we hated.

Yea, I know most games now have a penalty for leaving a game, but most of the time they are just xp resets, or loss of gained xp from that match. I'd get some weird like temp ban in LOL or quitting a couple  of games that went on for longer than 40 minutes. I'm not saying that I dislike long matches in games as I used to play long Arma matches that went on for hours. But if I'm already disinterested, and just waiting for the match to end I want the option to leave the game entirely and go do something else (as it is only a game, I never liked quit penalties to begin with). And the gameplay style in general just bored me. It is not that it was overly simplistic, or easy to master but I just found it lacking in entertainment. The entire game really felt like just playing endless games of CTF on some oddball WOW pvp server.

Another one for me is practicing something that I have learned how to do.  Like juggling, or slight of hand, or ventriloquism.  I love learning something new.  But when I have the basics figured out, and the only thing left to do is practice over and over and over - well, that just gets tedious really quick.  So, I never get good at anything.  I wish that I could enjoy practicing.

Im the same way. I gave up a lot of things because I get tired of practicing. 

Yea, I know most games now have a penalty for leaving a game, but most of the time they are just xp resets, or loss of gained xp from that match. I'd get some weird like temp ban in LOL or quitting a couple  of games that went on for longer than 40 minutes. I'm not saying that I dislike long matches in games as I used to play long Arma matches that went on for hours. But if I'm already disinterested, and just waiting for the match to end I want the option to leave the game entirely and go do something else (as it is only a game, I never liked quit penalties to begin with). And the gameplay style in general just bored me. It is not that it was overly simplistic, or easy to master but I just found it lacking in entertainment. The entire game really felt like just playing endless games of CTF on some oddball WOW pvp server.

Oh! You said you play Arma? I love the Arma series. Are you in a group or something?

Im the same way. I gave up a lot of things because I get tired of practicing. 

Oh! You said you play Arma? I love the Arma series. Are you in a group or something?

I was in a group in the original Arma, but with my new pc, I have a new steam account and everything, so I still need to buy arma II and III

Also, Call of Duty MW2. I actually DO like the COD series. I hate the multiplayer, but the campaigns are great for FPS standards. I played MW2, which CENTERS on multiplayer. And the campaign sucks. Just stick to MW1, gamers, because it's the most underrated COD entry with both COD haters and fans hating it.

Also, Half-Life for boring story, combat, and a bad engine.

Winblows 8... but... it's a FREAKING CONTENT CONSUMER OS!!!

Don't hate me, but... Myst. It's so boring...

And the Best Night Ever

I hate you. for 2 reasons now as I do not like CoDfish lmao.

Let's see.

"I Am Not a Troller" by DWT; parody of We Didn't Start the Fire:

Skyrim, Fallout, newer CODs, Madden, Fifa, Garry's Mod, anything by Valve except for the Portal games.

Game of the Year Edition, songs that carry repetition, Chrono Trigger, F F 7, Justin Bieber, movie Se7en.

Star Trek, Star Wars, Rezzie Evil, Companion Cores, Nick-a-freakin'-lodeon, changing up your Minecraft skin!

I am not a troller.

These are just the facts,

please don't stab my back.

I am not a troller.
This is just the truth,

don't chop down my roof!

*breathes*

Phew. I needed to get that off my chest.

Tea- I want to be all fancy and drink it, but I can't get over the taste. It's really icky to me.

Coffee- I mean I feel like the outcasted white girl for not liking Starbucks, but I can't help it.

Dresses- I've always wanted to wear a cute little dress and look all pretty, except whenever I put one on it seems to look...well odd on me.

Seafood- god, I've always wanted to like it, but every single thing I've tried just tastes like sea butt.

Super hero movies- I love playing super hero games, but it's like major snoresville whenever I try and watch a movie.

(edited)

I want to like salsa.I eat it time to time but not 24/7. My heart says yes,but my mouth says no.

Funny, in my case it's my mouth that says yes and my heart that says no.

Yea, I got like 30 reports for not trying one match. I had just gotten so disinterested that I just camped next to a tower the entire game.

Apparently in a MOBA, everything is super cereal. So the community, along with my massive lack of interest in the gameplay caused me to just give up trying it lol. 

Honestly anyone who takes non-competitive MOBA games seriously is just annoying as hell.

Edited by Oiseau
  • Brohoof 1

I want to like buying sports jerseys, but I can't because they're so expensive... I'd love to have soccer, basketball, and baseball jerseys in particular...

I also wish I could like cosplaying, but I just find it really weird to dress up as someone else when I should be happy at who I am. I can see people want to pretend to be someone, but I just don't have that... will in me to like that :P

Then there's exotic food. I know I need to get liking cultural foods if I want to travel to different places around the world, but I find it hard to try a new food because it's so different for me.

(edited)

Attack on Titan. The Female Titan was what made me stop watching. I just plain don't like the naked Titans.

And Tomb Raider. I like Lara Croft, and most other things, but the controls and difficulty are just bad.

Edited by firerock2245

It would be nice if I enjoyed substitute teaching, since it seems to be the only thing I can get work doing.

I would love to have a brony substitute my classes. That way we could have something in common to discuss. :)

• Brohoof 1

I would love to have a brony substitute my classes. That way we could have something in common to discuss. :)

I do like when I get to talk to Brony students, especially when they are really surprised to meet a Brony teacher.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

League of Legends and Fire Emblem. I want to get into them and all, they're games my gaming buddies love to talk about but I just can't get into strategy games turn based or real time and it's a shame. LoL's hostile community doesn't really help matters either.

I'm also in the crowd who can't get into Anime and Manga. I used to be a big Anime fan too but nowadays I really can't get into it anymore. There's a couple of old ones that I like, Trigun, Cowboy Beebop, Gundam Wing and SEED being a few examples and Full Metal Alchemist 2K3 and Brotherhood are personal favorites of mine but nowadays there just doesn't seem to be that many that really catch my interest. I don't really care about Kill la Kill and I gave Attack on Titan a shot but I couldn't stand it. I also look back at some of the ones I used to watch like Samurai Deeper Kyo, Bleach and Naruto and I realized that they're crap! I actually quit watching Bleach and Naruto because of how stupid they were getting! I still remember the things that threw me off of Naruto! An Akatsuki Member comes in and destroys the villiage and Naruto has one talk with him and he's like "I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT I SHALL BRING EVERYONE I KILLED TODAY BACK TO LIFE!!". To me was so stupid that I actually stopped reading for a long while and then I gave it a second chance! What happened? The Leader brings back the all the dead characters for a zombie war. At that point I was totally done! What a shoddy excuse for a series!

Edited by The Coffee Pony

Doctor Who, League, The Big Bang Theory, and most EDM music come to mind.

It's like I see the appeal, and I respect that people like it (except for that sitcom), but it just don't do it for me man

Definately anime and manga. I used to be a huge fan, but after watching a whole bunch of western cartoons this summer, there aren't a whole lot of animes that match up in quality with shows like Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, and of course MLP.

Vegetables in general, corn, general exercising, cars, 'manly' stuff, etc.,