Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How, and why, did Pinkie become attracted to Dashie?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

@,You love that photo don't you!(i love it too)  :yay:  

On a serious note,Pinkie only has friendship feelings for Dashie. One must understand,Pinkie's friendship is very potent and may be mistaken for something beyond that by the untrained eye.

Besides we all know TwiRariPie is the only ship that is acceptable.

126694%20-%20animated%20pinkie_pie%20rar

(...what)

• Brohoof 2

@,You love that photo don't you!(i love it too)  :yay:  

On a serious note,Pinkie only has friendship feelings for Dashie. One must understand,Pinkie's friendship is very potent and may be mistaken for something beyond that by the untrained eye.

Besides we all know TwiRariPie is the only ship that is acceptable.

126694%20-%20animated%20pinkie_pie%20rar

(...what)

Fffffft.

My OTT!(One true threesome)

• Brohoof 2

I'm going to put a bit of only slightly related info into this, and then try to relate that back to the question...

You might be surprised to hear this from me... But...

I believe Pinkie Pie is the most complicated character in terms of personality.  The rest of the mane 6, sure, while they have some depth, Pinkie REALLY has depth, and it's often overlooked.

It is in my honest opinion that I think the fact that Pinkie has multiple personality disorder and/or bipolar disorder (or some other disorder that I don't know the actual name of)... is canon.  I can just hear y'all saying "why that is just preposterous..."  BUT it ain't!  Pinkie has a crazy side.  And that crazy side is canon.  When she thought the other ponies were keeping a secret and planning a party without her knowing, she went kind of psycho, legitimately.  

To bring this back into the OP's question, I can see how the OP might think that Pinkie being attracted to Rainbow is canon.  Sure, Pinkie loves everypony because that's just her nature... but Pinkie has, on countless times, shown her attraction for RD to be more heightened than it is for other ponies.  She might 'just be' an obsessive pony in general, but I will bring back in what PegaMister said:

In "Griffon the Brush-Off," an episode that influenced this view, Pinks chased Dashie all over the place and was seemingly jealous of her spending time with another woman.  And she just couldn't stay away from her for long [...]

In "Wonderbolts Academy," Pinks watched the mailbox like a sad little pink hawk and feared that Dashie would somehow forget her [...] Upon realizing that Dashie had not forgotten her, Pinks was overcome with emotion and leapt into Dashie's forehooves [...]

I'm not so sure that it isn't canon that she at least has more feelings for RD than the other ponies.  She may not actually be "attracted" to her in such a sense, but she certainly shows that her affection for RD is greater than it is for other ponies.

• Brohoof 1

What's caused her to do all of this, then? Why is she attracted to Dashie, in your headcanon?

RD is gorgeous and colorful poneh woman? xD

Well, taking it back to "Griffon the Brush-Off" again, Pinks was really impressed with Rainbow Dash.  Perhaps it was her speed and flying / physical ability.  Or how riveting and exciting these things were to a pony who could ordinarily lose / switch focus at the drop of a hat.  Perhaps it was the pretty rainbow colors streaming through the air lol - Idunno.  And it's not even decided in my head at what point Pinks might have developed "romantic" feelings for Dashie (the fanfic I wrote was based immediately after Gummy's first party in "Party of One," though).  Pinks was nonetheless impressed with RD.  And maybe it was even RD's playing hard-to-get that fueled / inspired an attraction.  After Dashie finally gave in and saw how fun it could be to make mischief (not a euphemism, honest) with Pinkie, the two mares bonded in a way that forever (in my mind) defined their relationship.  Afterwards came the arguable jealousy towards Gilda for hogging her blue pegasus woman. xD

Pinks saw something fast and pretty, wanted it, and wanted it all the more when it didn't let her have it.  Hence the burgeoning RD infatuation lol.

(edited)
*insert person* saw something fast and pretty, wanted it, and wanted it all the more when it didn't let her/him have it.  Hence the burgeoning RD infatuation lol.

This can describe most of Dashie's fans in the fandom. 

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Between Griffin the Brush Off and Wonderbolt Academy it does seem like Pinkie's particularly clingy where Dash is concerned, whether for romantic reasons or not.

In defense of the shippers, I can't remember any of the canon couples ever doing anything like this ;)

323459.gif

But nah, I don't think the Rainboom had much of anything to do with it. GtBO was long before Pinkie knew Dash caused it to happen. I'm assuming Pinkie realized that Dash and her had a lot in common, energy, senses of humor, the works, and started to get a little obsessive a la A Friend in Deed when Rainbow wasn't enthusiastic about spending time with her at first.

Aside from all their similarities, Dash's element could have something to do with it. Pinkie has a lot of anxiety about being abandoned and whether her friends value her as much as she does them, and because of this I'd assume she'd value loyalty very highly.

Edited by Akavi

Uh, I'm pretty sure Pinkie isn't attracted to Rainbow.

Things like this is why the Sonic Rainboom is bad for the show and the fandom both 

Care to elaborate on that? Sonic Rainbooms are bad for both the show and fandom because they make people think ponies get attracted to each other, or is it your personal vendetta against arguably one of the best episodes on the show? :comeatus:

Uh, I'm pretty sure Pinkie isn't attracted to Rainbow.

Care to elaborate on that? Sonic Rainbooms are bad for both the show and fandom because they make people think ponies get attracted to each other, or is it your personal vendetta against arguably one of the best episodes on the show? :comeatus:

I wrote an essay on how the way the Sonic Rainboom was executed both times ended up going against the meaning of the show a while back,  namely in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles," and my problem with the concept of the Sonic Rainboom itself stems from that episode rather than that "episode" you implied it to deal with. 

Regardless, I'm on mobile and I'm not going to be arsed to write out my problem with it, especially since the topic of discussion has little to do with the topic you're asking me about. 

• Brohoof 1