Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Describe your dark side.

Jennabun

I think everyone, even the nicest of people, has a dark side - those personality traits that aren't very nice, positive, or sensible, yet they still are a part of you, embedded deep inside. Some of you maybe have those tricky personality flaws that you have to suppress or control... or maybe some of you choose not to suppress them. Some of us are better at containing our dark side than others, at the end of the day, everybody's dark side is still there somewhere.

We're told not to think or talk about our negative sides, but I think it's actually healthier to acknowledge the bad stuff within ourselves. We're not perfect. We all have icky, ugly, embarrassing, vile things inside our minds and hearts. We have issues... maybe really awful issues. But it doesn't make us bad people, and we shouldn't be shamed out of discussing it.

So, let's discuss! Describe your dark side. What are your character flaws? The parts of yourself that you aren't proud of? Your persisting negative thoughts of habits?

I'll go, but I'll wait for some other people to start. :3

• Brohoof 12

This can go both in a positive and negative direction but I am one of the most stubborn people I have ever known and this has lead to keep going when many others would have given up which has been the key to quite a few successes but has also sometimes blinded to me to when I actually am in the wrong though I am much better than I used to be. I have long had a nasty temper and while it has improved I do have a persistent mean streak which often comes out during this time which causes me to lash out at others and really hit below the belt when I have been wronged or think I have been wronged.

• Brohoof 3

I have a great sense of humor, but I can say some downright awful(ly hilarious) things around a certain friend!

• Brohoof 1

lets see, i have made jokes about children abuse, tragedies like 9/11 and jonestown, i say incredibly profane things (hail satan,616) and slurs all the time.

so yeha i barely got regards for tragedies.

(edited)

I go completely silent and simmer internally no matter how bad it is. If someone tries to communicate, I reply in the most blunt way possible. Typically I respond with a "huh", "yes", "no" or "okay." This is pretty much the extent of my dark side; even when angry I don't want to hurt anyone*.

* except when driving

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 5

I'm very self-centered ("introspective" if you're being gentle), defeatist, and crave validation in an annoying way. I mumble out my words, hoping for the magic ones in response that solve my insecurities.

Very prone in particular to waffle between "I AM ENTITLED TO TIME ALONE BECAUSE I'M IN A BAD MOOD" and "I'M HORRIBLY LAZY AND AWFUL BUT I CAN'T FIX IT". 

On the bright side, I would say that I am significantly less vengeful than average. My worst nature is more likely to blame problems on myself for being such an annoying person and then congratulate me for being so nice than ever get mad at you.

• Brohoof 4

My dark side is very grey. I believe very firmly in the concepts of freedom and equality. The simplest interpretation is that you can do anything you want so long as you don't step on the freedom of others. So there is a lot of fuzzy between 'light' and 'dark' sides. Once you hit that dark side... Well let's just say I'm not above starting a zombie apocalypse, but I would prefer skeletons because they don't smell as bad  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

You don't want to go into my mind. As vivid and creative as I am, I have just as much creepy and surreal imagination for some downright terrible things. If I really put effort into it, I could easily find something for anyone that is beyond disturbing. My family also has an anger problem that I have thankfully suppressed. If I wasn't so considerate I would make myself judge of the world so everyone would suffer their own hypocrisy, but thankfully I am not the king.

• Brohoof 2

I'm naturally insensitive and a bully, not because I don't have empathy, but because I really sometimes just don't seem to give a shit for being considerate. I'm also inconsistent and that often leads to me being unreliable for others. Promises are something I don't keep very well.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Im considered down right mean at time because i dont beat around the bush and i say it as i see it. Also i can be very viloent ive got a lid on it now but its there. My anger has flaired to the piont of putting a guy in the hospital eating thew a tube with his jaw patialy detached from me shoving my boot threw his teeth. This was almost a decade ago and im much much more in control. Ive been labeled as very pleasent and increadably friendly as of late. But yeah ive got that darkness in me.

Just to clarify he got better and i took it to far but he did pull a knife on me.

Edited by Digit

I take (a bit too much) pride in my forgiving nature, and I tend to keep a level head and think through things reasonably, forcing myself to step outside of a situation if my feelings muddy my judgment.

But that is largely the result of a frequent battle to suppress my excessively violent impulses. Sometimes the smallest thing will push me too far and I'll feel my blood boiling in my veins, and I am genuinely afraid of the things I want to do in those moments.

• Brohoof 1

I'm very self-centered ("introspective" if you're being gentle), defeatist, and crave validation in an annoying way. I mumble out my words, hoping for the magic ones in response that solve my insecurities.

Very prone in particular to waffle between "I AM ENTITLED TO TIME ALONE BECAUSE I'M IN A BAD MOOD" and "I'M HORRIBLY LAZY AND AWFUL BUT I CAN'T FIX IT". 

On the bright side, I would say that I am significantly less vengeful than average. My worst nature is more likely to blame problems on myself for being such an annoying person and then congratulate me for being so nice than ever get mad at you.

Kinda the same for me. Except I'm NEVER vengeful.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Cool responses so far.

One of my darker sides is heavily involved in narcissism and materialism. I link these traits together because they work hand-in-hand usually. My narcissistic side craves anything that will make me look super attractive, give me lots of attention, and make me feel more beautiful and generally better than other people. So I go out to the mall and buy clothes and make-up I don't need just to make myself feel good. Nothing makes me feel more powerful than putting on a cute outfit and rocking it out in public where I feel like everyone will look at me and admire me. That sounds super bad and self-centered saying it, and knowing me IRL, you would never think that I actually think this way... but I do.

I also have a heavily addictive personality. I crave everything and want everything, even things that I shouldn't want. Even things I don't really want, I want... if that makes sense...

I often just... hate people. Like, it's not even that I'm just introverted, or just easily exhausted by social interaction... I just don't really care for people very much at all. I am very particular about who I spend my time with. I have my close friends, and everyone else is just background noise to me really. I have no qualms with turning down coworkers who repeatedly ask me if I want to go out to lunch every time and instead sitting in an empty room and eating a sandwich alone. And it's not that I think they're horrible people... I just... don't care? That's probably bad. I don't know, I try to care, I try to be bubbly and make friends, but it often feels like I'm playing a part.

Oh, and how could I almost forget this one? I am so laaaaazy. So incredibly lazy. I would probably never do anything for myself if I didn't have to. I definitely have to suppress this trait in order to function in my career, but as soon as I get home, I'm just like "I don't want to clean the house. I don't want to do laundry. I don't want to go buy groceries. I don't want to cook my dinner. I don't want to shower. I don't want to do anything but sit here." It can get bad sometimes when I have an unstructured schedule that doesn't keep me on task.

Edited by Jennabun
  • Brohoof 6

My dark side is a pretty angry fellow. He likes to yell and hit things a lot. Luckily he doesn't come to visit much anymore, but occasionally he still get's out. To be fair the reasons he's angry are sometimes actually pretty good. He doesn't like to see other people hurt unless he feels they've done something to deserve it and seeing someone he views as innocent get hurt by someone else makes him pretty mad.

But sometimes he's just angry because he didn't get his way, and that's not a good reason. I tend to hit inanimate objects around a lot, and go into my room to scream into a pillow. That seems to calm him down most of the time, at least a little bit. I'm much better at calming him down then I used to be.

• Brohoof 3

My inner-King Sombra are negative thoughts and tends to be nasty as hay and compatible to those of a misandrist, which means that I think about a form of oppression where a queen (including me) is in charge or is the dungeon master of the scene. I still continue to persist in my thoughts because I cannot control them. I think in pictures (like a movie theater), so I could see what's going on clearly. My habits, however, are procrastination and laziness due to technology. When my anger arises, I tend to think about either loneliness or making someone a punching bag until he/she passes away. Anypony is seeing this as a buzzkill? Okay, I give up on entertaining you ponies. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I have no dark-side.

All i do is in the service of Pinkie,in the service of joy everlasting; i am absolved of all my sins.

img-2866406-1-16_55_18_874_134062__UNOPT

(i am very,very evil inside without Pinkie) 

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 4

Well, as for negative character flaws, I tend to be very aggressive. Like WWII Japan invading mainland China aggressive.

I also tend to be very crass. Due to my experience in the military, I can be very crass and crude. Often finding humor in things others find near deadly offensive. I try to take others sensitivities into consideration, but all to often I offend despite all efforts.

another flaw is how outspoken I can be at times. Often times, despite whether or not it is an appropriate environment  I will speak my mind to its fullest, often in situations of great emotional value to others.

• Brohoof 2

My brain sort of clicks and I'm like

Yes, they won't see me coming. [insert creepy laugh]

And my my friends think I have mental problems