Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite mythological creature?

Akemi Homura

I'm rather fond of pretty much all of the Greek mythological creatures. Norse, too. It's too hard for me to narrow it down and pick a specific creature, but for the sake of this thread, I'll just say the manticore.

Edited by King K. Roop

Leviathan, Kraken....ocean things. :D

I like Medusa, but she's not really a creature.

I'm going to ignore Unicorns and Pegasi just for the sake of variety.

I've always thought Wyverns were pretty cool. They're like dragons but with only two legs and usually a meaner temperament.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Quetzalcoatl

Feathered serpent god from Central America FTW

This is why DeviantART is awesome. I saw this on there a while back and you made me think of it.

Posted Image

Anyway, I can't pick just one. I adore Mythology, especially Greek Mythology, which oh so happens to be one of the most expansive and advertised mythologies around. So, here are some of my favorites...and, to make them all more epic, click on each of the names ;) More DeviantART epicness.

Wendigo. Even before MLP these were one of my favorites. They're an incredibly fast, slimmer, creepier form of yeti in the form of a snow spirit, sort of.

Hydra. It's a baller.

Others are the Phoenix, Medusa, Chimera and Roc.

Art is by GENZOMAN, el-grimlock and weremagnus respectively.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

Shades, Wraiths, Reapers, Shinigami in general

If you include my headcanon mythology then add Inquisitors and Magistrates on there as well

Probably a tad more morbid than most people...

- Alicorns: Unicorns AND pegasi together... that's epic!

- Magisi: Something I made up. It's basically an alicorn, but its body is that of a human, not a horse. All Magisi has magical abilities, but each one has a ability that is stronger than the same ability in the other Magisi.

- Phoenix: I named a starship in a story of mine the Phoenix IV because Phoenixes are cool.

- Unicorns: Simply for the fact that Twilight is best pony of the mane 6.

- Pegasi: Well, Derpy is one, right?

dragons interest me because the concept of dragons sprung up all over the world in a time when communication was difficult. So did they ever exist? Or was it just coincidence that everyone thought of flying, fire breathing lizards at the same time?

• Brohoof 1