Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your most expensive dream?

RainbowMau

I want to live in a castle with a closet full of expensive dresses, servants who obeyed my every wish, cooks who could make delicious food, and maids, along with a boy/girlfriend to share it with.

No, seriously. Most girls give up their dreams of becoming a princess by the age of 6, but not me. Call me immature all you want, I don't care. I'm not looking to be swept off my feet here, by the way- I want to get the castle myself. 

As for things that can actually happen. well, I've always wanted to go to France or Japan. :P

(edited)

Allow me to contemplate this one... Going to college?

Oh come now, friend, dream big;

Star tram  second stage

60 billion+ , but it will be worth every mil.

Well, owning not only Mars (as in the entire planet) but also funding a colony there, along with a local fleet is going to be rather expensive.

True, but with my dream the whole expedition will be cheaper than without.  IN TOTAL.  (meaning Startram & Mars costs less than StarTram WITH Mars)

Edited by paradoxical

Mine is probably the smallest one there but currently getting a new phone. Thus phone happens to cost over $500 sadly. But I've been wanting one for awhile as I'm sick of my derpy phone I have now.

I guess going to the beach.

My dream car is a Volkswagen Beetle, that's expensive but, I may or may not end up getting one of those.

• Brohoof 1

a CAS Hanwei Yasukuni Colonel's Gunto Sword  cost $1,399.95

a HK 21 UBF 308 Beltfed Machine Gun cost $34,000.00

mercedes g wagon with off road kit 150,000+

lots of tanks 250,000-2,000,000$

and last a international prostar $119,900

This

MGS2_Solidus_Snake.png

And no i don't want Solidus Snake i was his mech suit thingy i know there's better ones out there like master chief's power armor thingy but this one is the coolest in my opinion so yea.

Moonbacon  would you like to have a sword fight? come let have a swords fight cause it really  fun.

I get my Honjo Masamune sword and we can have a sword fight with your Solidus Snake suit.

Idk, I honestly just want to be able to be financially stable ;p. With some money to spare for stuff I want.

I can't think of any really expensive dreams. Maybe just own all the steam games? Never would have to buy any of those ;p.

• Brohoof 1

I've always wanted to build a 197-ish Camaro into a track weapon 
1971_chevrolet_camaro_rs_pro_touring__gt
Kind of like this

For a powerplant it would need an LS1 from a modern Corvette, built with aftermarket stage 2 Comp-cams, K&N intake, Magnaflow exhaust, MSD Ignition, BIgger fuel injectors and a Magnusson supercharer 

Chassis upgrades would include (But are not limited to): Wider tires and wheels, Eibach full suspension system, chassis reinforcement bars, a roll cage, Stiff anti-roll bars, and Brembo brakes

Other upgrades would be Sparco seats and harnesses, Sparco steering wheel, a fire suppressant system (In case of emergency), carbon fiber body panels painted to match the color of the car, which will probably be black, dark grey, silver, or burnt orange, I'm undecided. 

• Brohoof 1

Travel in general, essentially. I'd love to travel the world; it's just so damn expensive, and increasingly dangerous as well. I suppose you could make that argument as well, that there's a high-cost risk, rather than a monetary expense, in traveling. 

Building a Dyson Sphere.

Assuming the technology was there I'm guessing it would cost about....1E30 dollars.

Now that's a good dream!  It would be cheaper with StarTram though.

(edited)

Now that's a good dream!  It would be cheaper with StarTram though.

That looks interesting but it wouldn't make a difference at this level of engineering. Building a dyson sphere would involve tearing down all the planets and asteroids in a solar system for material and possibly bringing more in from another system.

I was just being funny trying to express it in dollars. What would really matter is just the cost in matter and energy.

Edited by Fluttershutter

That looks interesting but it wouldn't make a difference at this level of engineering. Building a dyson sphere would involve tearing down all the planets and asteroids in a solar system for material and possibly bringing more in from another system.

I was just being funny trying to express it in dollars. What would really matter is just the cost in matter and energy.

So was I.  StarTram or the like is probably a necessity for a dyson sphere.  But without one, it would take too much time and resources to launch all the stupid rockets.  Or we could wait for potentially impossible tech like the beanpole. 

StarTram may be able to be built (Gen 1) within 10 years and cut the energy to launch by like 90% and make that energy like 90-99.9999% more accessible for the first steps.

(edited)

I've always wanted to build a 197-ish Camaro into a track weapon 

img-2879917-1-1971_chevrolet_camaro_rs_p

Kind of like this

For a powerplant it would need an LS1 from a modern Corvette, built with aftermarket stage 2 Comp-cams, K&N intake, Magnaflow exhaust, MSD Ignition, BIgger fuel injectors and a Magnusson supercharer 

Chassis upgrades would include (But are not limited to): Wider tires and wheels, Eibach full suspension system, chassis reinforcement bars, a roll cage, Stiff anti-roll bars, and Brembo brakes

Other upgrades would be Sparco seats and harnesses, Sparco steering wheel, a fire suppressant system (In case of emergency), carbon fiber body panels painted to match the color of the car, which will probably be black, dark grey, silver, or burnt orange, I'm undecided. 

HECK YAH!!!

You know your stuff bro!

I ain't got anything near as cool as that, but I (or, my parents rather) have this:

(Warning, large picture)

img-2889274-2-fff95f5686.jpg

It's a 1989 Chevy Camaro RS - has the 305tbi (5.0L V8) - it's not all that powerful, but it's powerful enough to leave a one-tire-fire tread mark for a good 30+ feet on a hot summer day (how do I know?...  ;)  lol).

---

I have plenty of "dream cars" in my head, which is natural for a gearhead.  I'll just say a few, and just put a pic of one of them...

in no specific order, and just listing a few:

1. '87 Buick GNX

2. '67 Shelby GT500 (Eleanor)

3.  Early 70's Ford F-100

img-2889274-3-1970-ford-f100-stepside_bd

Eeyup.

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 1

Solely in terms of things that require money, my most expensive large scale dream would probably be traveling the world and/or going into space.

My most expensive small scale dream would probably be making the most badass and over the top gaming computer ever. With current technology, my dream computer would have specs similar to the following:

d35e802143.png

Only $43,000 ._.

Not sure if this build would even be physically possible. xD I'd probably have to tone it down a bit if I was actually going to build it some day. 

Thing is, by the time I'd hypothetically have the kind of money to spare on something like this, all of these parts will be outdated.

• Brohoof 3

Host the largest simultaneous fan convention in the world allow all fans to attend for one week, ALL expenses paid, no matter where they live or their economic status.

That or walk on an Asteroid, Mars, or the Moon

• Brohoof 1

About 10 years ago, I had a dream where I was flying some type of spaceship capsule around an unknown nebula, exploring the fringes of space.

I don't even want to calculate the amount of delta-v that would require, and how much it would cost. It would have to be some sort of nuclear pulse or plasma engine, or else it would cost hundreds of billions of dollars to get all that fuel up out of low Earth orbit.