Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applejack And The Honest To Goodness Switcheroo

Shanks

This thread will likely contain spoilers so if you don't want that don't read.

Has anyone read the book? I have the other day and as expected I liked it. Hearing Applejack's innermost thoughts and frustrations was interesting, what she said in her diary while a bit mean I thought had some degree of truth to it. The only problem I had with the book was just how easy everypony else was to forgive, I expected some kind of fight but feel like things were resolved a bit more quickly than they perhaps should have been. Sure what Applejack may not have intended her friends to see any of that but I could see how it could still be quite hurtful.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

She didn't say anything that bad. I wasn't surprised they felt worse about reading it. Like Rarity said, there's worse stuff in her diary.

A couple of things I noticed:

She mentions a big stallion named "Snowflake". Who could that be?

Felt like she had 42 butterflies n her stomach. That's an odd Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference.

And most of all it talks about Applejack's mother. Apparently she was Granny Smith's daughter which supports my theory that(at least in the GM Barrom boosk) ponies get their last name from their mothers.

Edited by Fluttershutter

She didn't say anything that bad. I wasn't surprised they felt worse about reading it. Like Rarity said, there's worse stuff in her diary.

A couple of things I noticed:

She mentions a big stallion named "Snowflake". Who could that be?

Felt like she had 42 butterflies n her stomach. That's an odd Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference.

And most of all it talks about Applejack's mother. Apparently she was Granny Smith's daughter which supports my theory that(at least in the GM Barrom boosk) ponies get their last name from their mothers.

Mind you, we don't know who either Granny Smith or Applejack's mother married.

"Snowflake" was used by the production staff as the placeholder name for a background pony who ultimately was given the memorable name "Bulk Biceps". Perhaps the author didn't get the memo and was referring to him?

I was considering reading the books, but I'm a little worried about how they're written. At the risk of sounding a little pretentious, does the writing seem childish at all? I mean like, bigger sized words on the page and a limited vocabulary. I'm not worried about the plot at all, just the way its written. I feel like that might lessen the enjoyment of it for me.

I was considering reading the books, but I'm a little worried about how they're written. At the risk of sounding a little pretentious, does the writing seem childish at all? I mean like, bigger sized words on the page and a limited vocabulary. I'm not worried about the plot at all, just the way its written. I feel like that might lessen the enjoyment of it for me.

The type is bigger but as for the writing itself it reads much like an actual episode, with the exception of the format differences between a script and a novel. It isn't the queens English by any stretch of the imagination but it also isn't dumbed down to the point where it is insulting.

• Brohoof 3

The type is bigger but as for the writing itself it reads much like an actual episode, with the exception of the format differences between a script and a novel. It isn't the queens English by any stretch of the imagination but it also isn't dumbed down to the point where it is insulting.

That's good to hear. I'll probably end up reading it, then.

I'm curious about that as well. If it's middle grade, I might find interest ... but if it written for a below MG reader then I'll likely pass.

I'm curious about that as well. If it's middle grade, I might find interest ... but if it written for a below MG reader then I'll likely pass.

What is middle grade exactly? It is not written for Kindergarteners if that is what you are wondering, I would say it seems like it is written to where children in mid to late elementary school can read it but like the show I think older fans can appreciate it too. The only touches I can think of that would only appeal to really young kids would be the little extras it has after the final chapter.

What is middle grade exactly? It is not written for Kindergarteners if that is what you are wondering, I would say it seems like it is written to where children in mid to late elementary school can read it but like the show I think older fans can appreciate it too. The only touches I can think of that would only appeal to really young kids would be the little extras it has after the final chapter.

Sorry, past life terms.

MG (Middle Grade) would be books by writers Beverly Cleary and early Judy Bloom. Also Roald Dahl, though I have been challenged on that point by some.

The next reader level is YA (Young Adult) like Harry Potter, John Green, etc.

Sorry, past life terms.

MG (Middle Grade) would be books by writers Beverly Cleary and early Judy Bloom. Also Roald Dahl, though I have been challenged on that point by some.

The next reader level is YA (Young Adult) like Harry Potter, John Green, etc.

Looking by were it is sold in most book stores, along with it's placement on websites I'd wager that it would be around the levels of judy bloom, diary of a wimpy kid, and the wayside school stories.

• Brohoof 1