Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So what if RD and AJ are wearing skirts?

Zoraxe

I'm glad that they put AJ in a jean skirt, because that's what I would have imagined her wearing. She's not really a tomboy, and neither is RD. In "Suited For Success," All RD said was that she wanted something practical. She never dissed dresses and skirts.

(edited)

I truly dislike those sterotypes 'girly girls should wear skirts and tomboys should wear pants'.
Why can't they give each character different outfits? We should all of them see in skirts and pants. 

Edited by Pinklady

Being a tomboy doesn't mean that you can't wear skirts.

Tomboys or not does that REALLY mean that they can't where skirts? I'm a tomboy myself I do where them sometimes on hot days...

Nobody is saying that tomboys can't wear skirts. Of course they can;  I'm not trying to make generalizations. The only point I'm trying to make is that I think it would have been rad if some of the ponies weren't wearing skirts and/or had less of a super-feminized look for the sake of originality and diversity, and that in my mind, I would have chosen Applejack or Rainbow Dash just based upon what I've seen from them in the show. Obviously not everyone feels this way, and that's fine. But I don't think I'm, in any way, making outlandish claims by saying it would have been neat and different to have some alternatives in the overly-stereotypical "girl aisle" in the toy store.

Well, it is what it is. Granted, for variety sake, it would've been nice to have at least one or two of the main cast in something other than a skirt (especially Rainbow, something about that skirt on the soccer field seemed off, but that could more the fault of animation more so than anything), but it is what it is.

They wear what they want to wear, so...yeah.

Admittedly, I HAVE thought about this before. I mean, when we look at the PPG anime Buttercup, in her normal attire, was NOT in a skirt, so yeah. It would've made sense had AJ & Dash been in pants or shorts, but it is what it is I suppose.

Nobody is saying that tomboys can't wear skirts. Of course they can;  I'm not trying to make generalizations. The only point I'm trying to make is that I think it would have been rad if some of the ponies weren't wearing skirts and/or had less of a super-feminized look for the sake of originality and diversity, and that in my mind, I would have chosen Applejack or Rainbow Dash just based upon what I've seen from them in the show. Obviously not everyone feels this way, and that's fine. But I don't think I'm, in any way, making outlandish claims by saying it would have been neat and different to have some alternatives in the overly-stereotypical "girl aisle" in the toy store.

Oh. Well, yeah, then I would have liked to see RD in some jeans. I think that the jean skirt worked well with AJ, though. But they should have had at least two of the girls wearing jeans.

I honestly don't see the huge issue with their clothes.

It is just clothes.

Clothes don't make the personality to a character. They don't give them depth. They don't make a character act a certain way. They don't change the faults and strengths to a character.

It is just clothes, it's just the outside.

People make too much of a deal over trivial things. Instead of worrying about that it would make much more sense for people to be looking into if the human mane six/five/whatever the heck you wanna call it since human world Twilight wasn't actually in the movie physically, reflected the personality of their pony counterparts.

Which in fact they did. So why the big fuss over skirts? It doesn't matter. It is what it is. There is nothing that can be done about it. Although I honestly think that any type of girl can wear a skirt and not be questioned for it. There isn't some rule that athletes and hard working farm folks can't wear a skirt even if they aren't exactly prissy and girly. It's a skirt. Just a skirt. Just the bottom half of an outfit.

I honestly don't see the huge issue with their clothes.

It is just clothes.

Clothes don't make the personality to a character. They don't give them depth. They don't make a character act a certain way. They don't change the faults and strengths to a character.

It is just clothes, it's just the outside.

People make too much of a deal over trivial things. Instead of worrying about that it would make much more sense for people to be looking into if the human mane six/five/whatever the heck you wanna call it since human world Twilight wasn't actually in the movie physically, reflected the personality of their pony counterparts.

Which in fact they did. So why the big fuss over skirts? It doesn't matter. It is what it is. There is nothing that can be done about it. Although I honestly think that any type of girl can wear a skirt and not be questioned for it. There isn't some rule that athletes and hard working farm folks can't wear a skirt even if they aren't exactly prissy and girly. It's a skirt. Just a skirt. Just the bottom half of an outfit.

I agree, good thing we don't have to worry about rants of their personalities being changed. I mean, if there's a big fuzz about skirts.... :unsure:  

• Brohoof 1

I want them to be in grass skirts and coconut bras.

This made me laugh more than I'd like to admit XD

The mental image is just hilarious.