Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[4chan] Operation: Shell Shock

Rainbow S.D.

(edited)

Holy hell, I haven't posted here in a long time. Anyway: 

Good for /b/? Do you even know what these operations consist of? Do you know that what 4chan have done to the girls would have forced them to attempt suicide by now due to the sick actions of the vigilantes? I don't blame the girls - they're teenagers. They just need to accept responsibility, (maybe go to jail) speak with a psychiatrist and they will never do anything of that sort again. But DOX them, SWAT them and a few days later, they're nothing but full of anger, hate and sorrow. Teenagers don't deserve this.

Why would you say that? Do you even know what these operations consist of? See above.

It's exactly this kind of attitude that encourages this bullshit: that they're "just teenagers" and all they need is a stern lecture and a slap on the wrist. Torturing helpless animals (and taking joy in it) is straight up sociopathic behavior. I can fucking guarantee you that, if let off the hook like you seem to think appropriate, these sick girls would certainly do something like this again, if not worse. 

These bitches absolutely deserve a worse kind of hell than the one they're going to get, but I'll be satisfied as long as they're punished to the full extent of the law. I can only hope this ruins their lives. If it's not already clear, I agree 100% with 4chan here, and only wish they could be punished more severely. 

Edited by MasterCombine
  • Brohoof 2

I know nothing about 4chan firsthand.  I have never been there.  I know nothing of these "operations."  I'm sure that this is not the right way to handle this situation, but honestly, I feel nothing but contempt and hatred for those girls.  Such disgusting cruelty makes me sick.  And don't tell me not to blame them just because they're teenagers.  I was a teenager once, and I wasn't a sociopathic sadist.  Teenagers are completely capable of respecting life.  I apologize if my opinion seems extreme or offends anybody, but I just really wish that people like this didn't have to live on our planet.

Look, I'm not saying that these girls should get off the hook, because what they did is sick. But ruining their lives isn't justice, it's just making the situation worse. The whole mass public humiliation thing is either going to make them worse people, or lead them to suicide. A better solution is to give them police their information and get them to some sort of therapist. They get an appropriate amount of jail time and have some one make them understand why what they did was an act of evil. Best case scenario, they begin to recognize the horror of what the did and become advocates against animal abuse, using themselves as a cautionary tale. Maybe I'm being optimistic here, but there has to be a better solution than ruining their lives. It scares me a little bit hungry people are for their blood.

Going too far? Nope, not in the slightest. Sometimes it seems that 4chan is the only website that actually gets things done and cares about justice, while at the same time hiding it behind a facade of trolling

• Brohoof 3

Going too far? Nope, not in the slightest. Sometimes it seems that 4chan is the only website that actually gets things done and cares about justice, while at the same time hiding it behind a facade of trolling

That's a pretty good way of saying it. And for those worrying about the girls lives, I feel for you. 4chun is known to go a little off the rails, but most of the time nothing really happens in these operations. At least, not very often. They tend to only raid their Facebook or send them weird things in the mail, things like that. I doubt they will do any real damage.
  • Brohoof 2

Look, I'm not saying that these girls should get off the hook, because what they did is sick. But ruining their lives isn't justice, it's just making the situation worse. The whole mass public humiliation thing is either going to make them worse people, or lead them to suicide. A better solution is to give them police their information and get them to some sort of therapist. They get an appropriate amount of jail time and have some one make them understand why what they did was an act of evil. Best case scenario, they begin to recognize the horror of what the did and become advocates against animal abuse, using themselves as a cautionary tale. Maybe I'm being optimistic here, but there has to be a better solution than ruining their lives. It scares me a little bit hungry people are for their blood.

Like I said before, this is sadistic, sociopathic behavior. Sociopaths are characterized by their lack of empathy, therefore there will be no "understanding" or remorse on their part. If you look at some of the comments made by the girls after the incident, you'll see they knew that what they were doing was horrible, and they didn't give a shit. 

I understand this might sound awful, but sociopaths can't be fixed, and I couldn't care less if this drives them to suicide. But realistically (at least I hope so, if there's any justice to be had), they'll be made accountable for their actions, charged to the full extent of the law, and find it very difficult to achieve any semblance of success for the rest of their lives (I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to associate with or hire someone who has these felonies plastered on her record).  

(edited)

Such actions will be forever scared on you, as all it takes to find out who you REALLY are and what you've done in your past, on the internet and off it, is simply a Google search.

Good luck applying for a job in the future.

Edited by Guest

(edited)
set a rare gopher tortoise on fire several times before thrashing the animal against the pavement and stomping it to death.

No. I'm with 4chan. Those teenager motherfuckers need to get lit aflame and stepped on by someone. I hope they drink battery acid and slit their throats, because they are quite literally the cancer of this world. They can bully others, but leave the goddamn animals out of this, especially a near-extinct one. The tortoise species are legally protected for a reason. I hope their parents are proud.

Edited by SolarKnight
  • Brohoof 2

Lighting fire and stomping on a tortoise? That's what a selfish monster would do. Tortoises are wonderful creatures, it makes me sad that many of them are almost extinct.

I'm a little indecisive with 4chan, however. Yes, those girls should be punished for their inhumane actions, but if they posted a video on Facebook, then you might as well show it to the police. It's easier than starting an "operation" of some sort.

• Brohoof 2

4chan is full of disgusting morons who have probably done similar shit, and claimed such things as accomplishments.

Those girls are still disgusting cruel people who should be taught a lesson.

It's the fact that they flaunt animal cruelty like it's nothing that bothers me the most. That's disgusting and they should have been taken legal actions against them ON TOP of the abuse they've sustained from 4chan.

For those of you who say 4chan is punishing them, ask yourself whether they should be punished, and ask yourself how.

Because what 4chan is very good at doing is have sociopaths 'punish' other sociopaths. The very people sending DDoS attacks, sending SWAT teams around, trying to ruin the family's credit history and attempt to create as much debt for the household as possible through fraud do so in order to make themselves feel good. Their perverted sense of 'justice' is only fed by doing such things. 

Ideally, I'd like to see these girls locked up and forced to go through counselling (that's real justice), and the even sicker people involved in the operation spoken to by their authorities. 

@MasterCombine - The very people behind these operations as a whole are thirteen year olds craving a sense of power. By condoning 4chan operations, you're condoning the breeding of more sociopaths. The only mature way to deal with justice for teenagers is through restorative justice with an element of retributive justice. This way, the re-offending rate will be next to zero. But if you start having people committing doing the unthinkable to deliver retributive 'justice', then that is no longer 'justice', but pure hypocrisy. 

And the background I am speaking of is not only as a former moderator of the community I spoke about in #7, but I was very, very close to being subject to similar actions from angry, banned members before I changed my username and disappeared. Believe me, what these banned members almost did to me is what 4chan members tend to do in their 'operations' where they deliver 'justice'. Again, if you even saw what the twisted people do in these 'operations', you would want to turn every one of those people committing these horrible acts into the police and they would be locked up for a long time.