Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Body hair on guys, what are your thoughts?

SolidTwilight

(edited)

So I am very hairy guy. my hole body is cover from head to foot. the only places I don't have hair is the bottom of my hands and feet and the top of my head (irony, you're so cruel). I don't mined it to much except for the hair on my back and shoulders. one thing I don't like is that ever time you see a guy with no shirt in a movie they are always 100% hairless. it just looks strange to me. I don't want to have a hairless chest. now I know how girls feel about only being told that there is only one way to look hot by movies and things. anyway how do you all feel about this? guys and girls.

PS: I remember one cool thing from COD:black ops 2. one to the characters is being held prisoner and has no shirt, and he is just as hair cover as I am. It felt really good to see realistic looking action hero type instead of the Hollywood cliche!

skip to 22:49

Edited by SolidTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

i can relate, i might not be an as hairy guy as you are, tough for my age i'm getting pretty hairy! i mean, 18 year old and chest, belly and back hair?

anyway, i dunno. i never really gave this much thought. i think i kinda like it, seems pretty manly :P 

i do trim it tough, but not regulary. it's just gonna grow back anyway.

I personally find it unattractive when girls have body hair besides on their head.  :huh:

As for guys, I think it's just a natural thing, either way is fine.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not especially hairy, i have hair on my forearms and backhands, belly, chest, and lower legs. But those are kind of smooth, light patches of hair, and not something excessively bushy. I was thinking whether i should shave it or something once, but it doesn't bother me and others, so i'll keep it.

As for girls with body hair? Believe me i'll try to tolerate but... ugh... well...

I used to know a girl with a bit of a hair condition, on her forearms... i kind of caved in and mentioned it, and she started shaving it. I felt a little bad.

Eh. Body hair on guys is okay, I don't mind a little belly hair or some chest hair. But a hairy back is a huge turn off to me. Like I wouldn't be able to handle that, I guess if I really loved the guy I'd just shave his back and get over it, but...eh...

As for girls, yuck. Body hair...I can understand not really shaving legs during the winter because honestly I get so lazy around that time of the year. It's not like I'm wearing anything, but jeans so nobody is gonna see the jungle growing on my legs lol. But other than that I think it's pretty unattractive, although I'm not into girls so if they wanna be hairy that's on them, it's not like they're ever gonna be checked out by me.

Well, I'm not as hairy as the OP, but I had a fair amount. However, sometimes I think I have too much and can feel somewhat sensitive about it.

I dunno. It is what it is I suppose.

(edited)

I don't care either way, though I'm not big on facial hair. It's a hassle to take care of, not to mention my beard comes in thick and curly.

Edited by RainbowDScout

one thing I don't like is that ever time you see a guy with no shirt in a movie they are always 100% hairless.

Here ya go, lol.

5_powers_chest_hair.jpg

I'm a guy, and I'm naturally pretty hairless, which I like.  Body hair on others doesn't bother me; to each their own.  But I don't like the way it looks on me.  I do have very hairy shins, and I recently started trimming it.  I've always been kind of self conscious about it, and I love the way it looks so much better now.  I'm much more confident with it trimmed neatly.  I'm really thankful that my torse is naturally hairless, otherwise I'd want to shave it.  That's just my preference.

As far as sexual attraction goes, I will admit that I prefer no body hair on women.

I couldn't care less if a guy has hair on his body or not. Same with girls. As long as they're comfortable with how they feel, because that's how it should be. :P

• Brohoof 1

Body hair is natural on both guys and girls. I feel sad that people are shamed for their hair. People should wear their hair, on their head or otherwise, however they want!

I know what you mean about "hot" guys always having minimal hair. It's just another example of how the media gives us unrealistic expectations of beauty and makes us feel bad about things we can't really control. It's silly. We need more variety in Hollywood when it comes to body types and hairness, for sure.

When it comes to hair, everyone feels differently. I, myself, hate the feeling of hair on my own body. Whether I've been conditioned my society to feel this way, or whether the feeling is natural, I really do not know. All I know is that my hair makes me feel itchy and sweaty and I do not like it. I always feel so much joy when I get to take a long bath, shave my legs, exfoliate, and make my skin all nice and smooth... feels so good! But that's just me, and I don't think all people should behave like me when it comes to hair. That's would be blatantly narrow-minded.

My best girl friend doesn't shave any hair on her body, and she isn't shy about it either. She confidently struts her hairy legs around the pool. I think that's freaking awesome. If only we all could have her confidence.

In short, screw what society says about hair. Do whatever you like - it's your body!

• Brohoof 4

I ok with hair on guys since I am used to being around ones who have hair as well as being a hairy guy myself. I'm not used to being around a woman who didn't shave, so if I were to meet one for the first time and learn about it, I may feel a little awkward just because I've never been around a woman who felt comfortable and confident enough to go without shaving. Otherwise I do not have any problems.

I don't shave myself other than my face and places that look weird like my back, which only grows a few hair in random places.

But as some people have said: you what makes you feel comfortable, I won't try to judge.

I personally find it unattractive when girls have body hair besides on their head.  :huh:

As for guys, I think it's just a natural thing, either way is fine.

It's equally natural for women. We just live in a culture which tells us that we have to shave.

Nevertheless, I personally don't really care for body hair either way, but I can not and will not even attempt to dictate who has body hair and where... It quite simply isn't my place.

• Brohoof 4

I'm not into it, I guess they wouldn't have to be hairless completely, but I don't find really hairy guys attractive. I strongly dislike my own body hair.

For some reason I find body hair on women less off putting than on men, I don't know why.