Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is anyone else "overly-thin"?

ReGen

There is such a thing as too skinny, it's called being underweight, and I'm there with you. I'm about 5'7" and 115 lbs. From what I've been told, enjoy it while your metabolism is still overclocking, because once it starts going downhill, you'll have to work to be thin, and from what I understand, it really is not easy.

• Brohoof 1

BMI of 18.3 suckas!

If I measure myself after a meal I turn into a healthy weight!

I'm still in the 'eat all the cake and don't pay for it' stage of my life, thankfully. I should pre-empt it before it drops and *gasp* EXCERCISE.

I swear, the last time I did anything more than jog around was like, two months ago. >.>

WHERE DO THE CALORIES GO?!

(edited)

I see a lot of BMI readings here. I'd suggest a body fat % test (or body composition). BMI is only a partial picture. Some places are starting to add that test to their blood pressure machines. My electronic scale that I've had for like a decade now (wow, really?) has a body composition test on it. Depending on your athleticism, you could potentially have a pretty low fat% and still be healthy

Women // Men 

Essential fat 10-12% // 2-4%

Athletes 14-20% // 6-13%

Fitness 21-24% // 14-17%

Acceptable 25-31% // 18-25%

Obese 32% plus // 26% plus

pulled from WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/body-fat-measurement?page=2

Edited by IceeBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Used to be, so I know how you feel. I'm normal weight now, as I added a bit. But still skinny or healthy, best is to not think about it. If you feel self conscious about it you could try adding a bit of muscles or weight. I just dressed in baggier clothes, which worked for me.

Why? What's wrong with iit?

"Dense" is a slang term for stupid. So it sounds like you're saying you've never met someone less stupid than you... which kind of sounds like everyone else is stupid... never mind. :D

• Brohoof 1

I look like a human skeleton. It's cool though, people don't mess with me because they are creeped out by my thin buid and soulless eyes

I seriously envy everyone in this topic. I've been struggle with my weight and eating disorder for years now. It's cost me big medical bills and trips to the ER.

Overly skinny or not does it really matter? It's your choice in life if you want to be skinny or not don't worry as I repeat it's your choice.

It's not exactly my choice.

I seriously envy everyone in this topic. I've been struggle with my weight and eating disorder for years now. It's cost me big medical bills and trips to the ER.

Well, i'm sorry that you're struggling with those.

I look like a human skeleton. It's cool though, people don't mess with me because they are creeped out by my thin buid and soulless eyes

I couldn't tell if you were talking about yourself or your avatar.  :lol:

• Brohoof 3

I've had people comment on my weight, criticizing me for being too skinny, and that I should eat more or work out.

I used to get some comments like this when I was a kid.  It really grinds my gears when people say stuff like this, especially adults.  As a kid I would get criticized by adults for not eating enough and being too thin.  Mind your f*ckin business, y'know?  I was perfectly healthy.  Luckily I put on enough muscle as an adult that I don't get criticized anymore, but that kind of thing is just ridiculous.  Too thin, you get picked on, too heavy, you get picked on.  GAWD.  Why do people have to pick on others about their weight?

• Brohoof 2

I do the same thing, wear a long sleeve shirt to cover up my 'arms' even in hot weather, and I use that term loosely.

5'9 and 115 pounds, and every time I see myself in the large mirror in my room I can't help but feel pissed. Years of being picked on came from the fact I am so damn thin.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I used to get some comments like this when I was a kid.  It really grinds my gears when people say stuff like this, especially adults.  As a kid I would get criticized by adults for not eating enough and being too thin.  Mind your f*ckin business, y'know?  I was perfectly healthy.  Luckily I put on enough muscle as an adult that I don't get criticized anymore, but that kind of thing is just ridiculous.  Too thin, you get picked on, too heavy, you get picked on.  GAWD.  Why do people have to pick on others about their weight?

As a kid, it was really bad for me. My parents forced me to eat more than I was comfortable eating, and nothing pleasant happened after that. I threw up, every time. No, I wasn't bulimic. I knew my limits, and I knew when I was done eating. When I was told to eat more, I felt sicker than I ever did in my life.

Even to this day, if I overeat, I'll be absolutely miserable. That's why I don't overeat. To compensate, I eat smaller portions than most people do, but I eat more often. Whereas most people eat three meals a day, I eat six. I find that my stomach much prefers that.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

When I was younger, I had acid reflux, which is a condition that causes a valve in your stomach to not close all the way. Some of the acid in your stomach can get in your esophagus. This causes me to feel sick almost constantly, as if I were going to throw up, especially when I ate or saw food.

So, over the period of time before I went to the doctor, I did not eat very much at all. I would always feel too full.
When we went to the doctor, obviously, he was concerned, because my weight had dropped, like 10 pounds. So they got me on medicine and it worked for a while. I slowly got off the medicine and simply ate yogurt every morning, which seemed to help.

Then the acid reflux went away. Since, I've always been a bit under the average weight, but not too unhealthily anymore. Part of it is probably metabolism.

Sadly, the reflux came back recently, so I got a scope and they gave me medicine. Again. Oh well. As long as I can eat! :smug:

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

I couldn't tell if you were talking about yourself or your avatar.  :lol:

Well now that you mention it, it applies to both  B)

Even to this day, if I overeat, I'll be absolutely miserable. That's why I don't overeat. To compensate, I eat smaller portions than most people do, but I eat more often. Whereas most people eat three meals a day, I eat six. I find that my stomach much prefers that.

That's an extremely healthy way to eat.  Experts will tell you that the American convention of stuffing ourselves with a massive dinner at the end of the day is much less healthy.  Eating smaller portions, more often throughout the day is much healthier.  A lot of people eat according to the clock, and just clean their plate regardless of how they actually feel.  Many people don't actually listen to their bodies.  Bravo on doing just that, and I'm glad to hear that your unfortunate experiences as a child did not cause you to develope unhealthy overeating patterns as an adult.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, due to their parents most folks really can't tell when their bodies are really full and they've eaten enough.  Also due to advertising & hollywood folks have a pretty twisted view of what is normal looking and attractive.