Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unr3alGamer

17 users have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Destiny Beta?

• Terrible. Not looking forward to release.
    • Boring. Not looking forward to release.
    • Okay at best. Skeptical of release.
    • Good! Looking forward to release.
    • FREAKING AWESOME! GETTING THIS GAME DAY 1!

Hey there @Unr3alGamer, just a heads up, I've moved your thread to Media Discussion under the gaming tag as its previous location wasn't suited to this type of discussion.

Also, hell yeah Im playing Destiny. This should speak for itself:
o8pItu8.png

• Brohoof 2

Hey there @Unr3alGamer, just a heads up, I've moved your thread to Media Discussion under the gaming tag as its previous location wasn't suited to this type of discussion.

Also, hell yeah Im playing Destiny. This should speak for itself:

o8pItu8.png

Okay thanks. I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs of this site :P

Also, this. I have too much time on my hands. post-27539-0-04981800-1406213382_thumb.png

(edited)

I think I might be more excited if I had more people to play with. Only person I know with a PS4 and is getting this game lives on the other side of the country and plays at odd hours. Got to level 8 and there wasn't that much to do other than adversarial multiplayer which I'm not really into. Hope the full version has a ton more content.

I might've jumped onto the PS4 a little early.

Edited by Lunatic Envy

I think I might be more excited if I had more people to play with. Only person I know with a PS4 and is getting this game lives on the other side of the country and plays at odd hours. Got to level 8 and there wasn't that much to do other than adversarial multiplayer which I'm not really into. Hope the full version has a ton more content.

I might've jumped onto the PS4 a little early.

Bungie promised lots to do in the final version of Destiny, even after you beat the game and level your guardian up to 20. I will admit that the game is more fun with friends, but I still had a blast solo with the time I've spent on the beta. 

Also keep in mind, this IS a beta. They're not going to give us the entire game, they just want us to test bits of it to see what works and what doesn't. I don't like people treating this like it's the final product (you aren't, but plenty of others are).

• Brohoof 1

I'm just waiting for the Beta to go public, so I can download it. I can't wait to play it tomorrow. This game seems interesting to me, and I really hope that it's decent. For some reason, when I watch the new Sword Art Online season the new game "Gun Gale Online" kind of seems like what Destiny would be like. To be honest I haven't actually seen any footage yet so I don't know. I'll write my impressions of the Beta once I've actually played it. 

• Brohoof 1

You know, there is one thing about this game that I really like. The gunplay and overall movement feels very solid. It's a bit floaty, but I kinda expected that from the developers of Halo. It's not that big of a deal (that is, until I'm trying to hop up rock platforms to get to a chest and end up getting pushed AWAY from the cliff when I jump... ugh!)

Something about it feels right, though. I can't quite place what it is. I absolutely hate playing shooters like BF and CoD (alright, I just flat out don't like CoD in general, but I digress) on consoles and stick to PC whenever possible. Destiny though, it just works for me.

Beta is now open! I think this beta is great! I like how social the game can get! Plus, I like dancing while aliens are shooting at me.

Anyone else playing this on XB1?

The game even in this state is IMO already better than Borderlands. Gunplay feels way richer and there's a neat mix of Exploration and storytelling. I've maxed out my Warlock to Rank 8, and I just nabbed the 90 durability Sparrow.

I just played a little bit of it today.

I can't find where the competitive multiplayer is!

The PvP (AKA Crucible) is on the right side of your map when you travel. Go there and you can choose the first gamemode and launch. :3

So I got the chance to play the Beta a little bit this morning. I made my character a Warlock, and I have to say that I'm enjoying the game so far. I like how you can find encrypted items, and decrypting them is fun because you'll never know what you'll get. I decrypted a fire sniper rifle, and I've been liking it a lot so far. 

I got to level 5, and I have some general thoughts on the game. There are a lot of enemies when you on earth. Playing with other people, or friends makes your life a lot easier. The PVP mode seems decent enough, and you can say that I had fun playing it. 

Anyways, I still don't know if I want to buy Destiny or not yet. I know I'll definitely consider it though. This game reminds me of a more serious borderlands. 

(edited)

Nice! Didn't know it was open beta, downloading it now. Hope the game holds up on Ps3. 

Not much of a shooter fan, more of an RPG guy, but I LOVED Borderlands. The single player in this game looks very interesting, definitely something I can get into

Edited by Jaref

Yeah, I'm loving every aspect of this game. Gunplay is as fluid and solid as you can get with the FPS, each class is balanced and brings something fun with their abilities, the graphics are sharp and beautiful, and I love that you are dependent on your team to do good if you are to proceed with missions easier or even at all. If anybody is going to get the game on release day, add my PSN ID (PS4) colonelih8gumby.

I played it on the Xbox One today and I really like the game. The one downside is that it feels too much like Titanfall - the shooting mechanics seems too point-and-shoot-like. I'd prefer more weapon customalisibility and more weapon realism.

I am STOKED for this game! Looking forward to September 9th. I've always liked Bungie's work, and this is a great fps.

Played the BEta, hit top level...It was fun at first but got kinda meh afterwards...Felt too much like Halo.I'm not a Halo fan by any means. So it's kinda just another FPS imo....But the borderlands aspect of the weapons and armour was kinda neat, as I love Borderlands.....other than that...It was just a kind of a meh game.

I wrote a bit of a blog about it..

http://mlpforums.com/blog/1914/entry-12576-destiny-beta/

This Beta has been much better than I antisipated it to be. I expected it to feel like Halo 3 and CoD but instead it felt like Halo 4 and Borderlands with a working ADS.  The multiplayer could be fine tuned a bit more(the ridiculously OP tank...)  but what more could I ask from a Beta. I was told by an Xbox 1 friend the graphic were terrible but it turned out to be some of the best I've seen for a game yet! Beat Titanfall for me :D

• Brohoof 1