Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reasons why having first love experiences at a late age sucks

RainbowMau

Look im sorry if this seems harsh but you need to be realistic. Your asking for a young girl i'm guessing you would be hoping for 18-22 who is gorgeous and will allow you to feel a romance a keened to a high school thing. That isnt going to happen.

If I can't experience that then I prefer to die.

I'd give an arm for a 5-minute relationship!

She doesn't look bad to me, surprisingly she has no wrinkles, however chubbier cheeks would be more OK for me. However someone her age is still older than me.

You don't want a relationship then.  You want a hook up.  I suggest looking into dating sites and stating your intentions as wanting a short term thing.

and how is her having no wrinkles surprising?   :blink:  People don't get wrinkles until their 50's or 60's.

This is as plainly as I can put it: change your mindset. You've been badly indoctrinated by your peers and now you are left with a set of values and assumptions that could lead you to your death. You need to start thinking about forming your own set of values that better suits the relationship between yourself and your setting. That's pretty much what you need to do to find the path that leads to happiness.

So you would rather die if you cant experience a hormonal over dramatic "relationship" that usually ends in one party being hurt horribly sometimes even scaring mentally and in 90% of the cases leading to a destructive end that can be chocked up to money lose or hospital time. They arnt fun even more so if you dont enjoy sex because thats really all a teenage relationship is, discovering your sexuality. 

And if You experienced it, then You would understand, why it is not good thing. For once listen to what people say. Everyone here gave strong arguments against nonsense (yes, nonsense) You're saying about older girls. You treat them like they are some kind of mindless creatures programmed only for sex without any sense of empathy or love. In one breath I can name lots of girls that are already in their twenties who are opposite to what You say and there are hundreds more out there waiting for someone to find them.

And stop with this caps locked WOMEN. What is that supposed to mean? That they are worse? I see that You've made one person feel bad already, I begin to wonder if You're not a troll. Just stop >.>

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

And if You experienced it, then You would understand, why it is not good thing. For once listen to what people say. Everyone here gave strong arguments against nonsense (yes, nonsense) You're saying about older girls. You treat them like they are some kind of mindless creatures programmed only for sex without any sense of empathy or love. In one breath I can name lots of girls that are already in their twenties who are opposite to what You say and there are hundreds more out there waiting for someone to find them.

And stop with this caps locked WOMEN. What is that supposed to mean? That they are worse? I see that You've made one person feel bad already, I begin to wonder if You're not a troll. Just stop >.>

And you think what I read here didn't hurt me?

Edited by RainbowMau

And you think what I read here didn't hurt me?

I think that if You read this, read proper articles on the internet and GIVE those, how You call them "WOMEN" a chance then You'd realize how horribly wrong You are about them. Instead of complaining get to know people, learn what people in Your age really are. Even I know a 27 years old girl from USA who is really sweet, exact opposite to what You say. And she is one of many girls who You'd for sure like if You would stop making someone's age an argument. Sorry, but You are acting like You are horribly close minded. 

• Brohoof 1

I'll take love over young infatuation anyday. I dated once in high school, then I was single for 3 years, and not untl I was a Junior in college did I date again. Yeah, not as many butterflies in my stomach, but I am keeping a calm head. That puppy love causes you to oversee any imperfections the other person may have. Turned out my high school boyfriend was a jerk, and I never saw it until after we broke up, and I realized that everything my friends and family were saying about him was true, but I was too caught up in being "in love" to listen. I am now in a relationship with what I can only describe as a true love. Do I always have the butterflies in my stomach? No, not usually. Do I get annoyed with my boyfriend sometimes, oh yes, do I still love him, despite him not being perfect, of course. That's part of love, it's accepting someone for their imperfections as well as their good qualities, whether you feel all love-struck or not. A year later, I am fairly certain this is the man that I am going to end up marrying.  Infatuation happens when you're young, love happens once you mature and realize that love is about putting that other person before yourself and not about how that person makes you feel all fuzzy on the inside. 

After long off-track rant (I need sleep): Young Love is overrated. Best to skip the needless heartbreak and find the real thing. 

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I know everyone who had their first love experiences at childhood or 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 years old remember their first love experiences, but those who had them later at an old age don't remember them with the same passion, I saw no one who had their first love experiences at a late age talking about it, and well, that would mean my first love experiences at my age won't be that memorable.

So, what's your opinion on this topic? Do you think first love experiences at an old age can still be momorable? IMO from replies I received in previous similar topics here I'd bet all my money that no.

Edited by RainbowMau

My first boyfriend I had when I was 15.  And it was awkward and... awkward.  We were always self conscious and spent most of the time worrying what the other person thought of what we were doing/looked like/what we liked, etc.  

As an adult, the people I've been with, I've been way more comfortable with myself and don't worry so much about things.  Way easier to enjoy the relationship. 

Well I have to say it depends on mental health and the condition of the brain at a older age in my opinion as far as memory. In truth, I think at an older age you do remember your first love, it just you don't talk about at as passionately due to you either looking for a new love or having a current love. In most cases, it's not a memory issue as much as it is maturity just kicking in and telling you to shut up about it. That's just my opinion on this.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer

Well I have to say it depends on mental health and the condition of the brain at a older age in my opinion as far as memory. In truth, I think at an older age you do remember your first love, it just you don't talk about at as passionately due to you either looking for a new love or having a current love. In most cases, it's not a memory issue as much as it is maturity just kicking in and telling you to shut up about it. That's just my opinion on this.

I didn't mean about remembering your first love experiences theough time when you age, I mean about remembering first love experiences when YOU HAVE THEM AT AN OLD AGE!

My first boyfriend I had when I was 15.  And it was awkward and... awkward.  We were always self conscious and spent most of the time worrying what the other person thought of what we were doing/looked like/what we liked, etc.  

As an adult, the people I've been with, I've been way more comfortable with myself and don't worry so much about things.  Way easier to enjoy the relationship. 

But you had him at the right age, what would have happened if you had him being at your current age age?

But you had him at the right age, what would have happened if you had him being at your current age age?

I probably would dump him, because we have very differing opinions on life, and our views clash.

Why wouldn't you remember them at an old age?  

Well, honestly, who does it?

I probably would dump him, because we have very differing opinions on life, and our views clash.

Even if you didn't know him when you were young?

Even if you didn't know him when you were young?

Yes, because he still has those views.  I was driven blindly by hormones back then, and now i'm driven not blindly by hormones AND actual interests. 

Edited by ScumCandy

Have you tried seeing a therapist?  You seem to have very dark views of love, and I think it stems far deeper then just not having been in a relationship at a young age.  

• Brohoof 2