Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would life, and human history be, if music never existed?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

Life without music? Well...firstly this discussion wouldn't exist. :P If music never existed all I know is that I'd probably have absolutely no creative outlet at all. I'd possibly still be in that phase I had a few years ago when I had no idea what to do with my life. O.o I'd imagine it'd be a very depressing world if we're just living in silence.

I like music, and as others have said, the wouldn't have the same cultural impact, but it wouldn't be worse off.

(edited)

Hmm, not sure if this a question that is possible. Kind of like, "what if there was a square circle?"

The way humans are wired, we recognize sound and patterns etc. So, if there was no music, I suppose our species would hardly be human and the inability to make or recognize music would likely mean we're not intelligent.

So dumbed down, no music means no people

Edited by LZRD WZRD

• 10 months later...

This reminds me of something I've once heard (not very serious, though still... interesting...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3oEA7VG_tU

3:00-5:28 in particular; I'd recommend ignoring the rest of the video...  :please:

OT; while I love music a lot, I doubt its absence would have been a gigantic loss for history... however, it certainly would have taken away from its beauty, and life's in general. The songs that united people, or that gave them strength, and hope... that gave them a voice and passion, and let them express their faith and beliefs... I wouldn't want to live in a world without music.  -_-

• 6 years later...

We wouldn't be able to understand frequency the way we do, which means we would not understand string theory....... Okay, we kinda don't, but you get the point?

Also, it was a pun.

Frequency is very important in so many things, like light, sound waves, how the world works. If we can't understand periodic beating (drums), we can't make music, but what can we do? We won't be considered smart if we can't groove to the music. So music is a big thing in our history of becoming smart beings. And we sure love our rap and dub step! :mlp_gag: (dub step is okay though)

• 1 year later...