Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*Another body image ?* What do you guys think of thigh gaps?

KatieBelle

First of all- which guys even know what that is??

Wiki-

A thigh gap in women is a space between the inner thighs when standing upright with both knees touching.[1] Some women aspire to have a thigh gap because they believe it will increase their attractiveness, with some considering it a sign of femininity and fragility.[2] Some go as far as to say it symbolizes "the ideal body shape".[3] Reportedly, some teenage girls have taken the view that the bigger the gap, the more beautiful the girl.[4] According to The Times of India, however, few women have this shape naturally,[1] and some have resorted to extreme dieting[5] and surgery[6] in order to try to obtain it.[7] Critics are concerned that young women may develop an eating disorder by trying to obtain a body shape that is unnatural for most women.[8]

I have a natural thigh gap. It's how I'm built and most of my life I didn't even know.

What do you think about girls who take extreme, unhealthy measures to get one? Do you in your opinion even find it sexy? Even if you do is it worth it?

And guys, please, please, please don't search 'thigh gap' on google images. Not that most of you wouldn't enjoy it.

post-28503-0-81882900-1406409823.jpeg

post-28503-0-76817100-1406409976_thumb.jpg

(edited)

i honestly don't think thigh gaps look sexy or attractive. i like girls with a little flesh on the bone.

to me thigh gaps just look unnatural and unhealthy :/

EDIT:

i'm talking about those superbig thigh gaps. many girls have thigh gaps, tough when you go as far as to the point where the only things touching are the knees, then you're just too skinny for my tastes.

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 9

(edited)

Uuuh, I prefer my women to have a negative amount of thigh gap. Thighs need to be touching or outright squishing into each other for me. x)

At least, its highly preferable to me.

Bigger/Thicker women ftw. \o/

Also, those that take this stuff to extremes and are crazy tiny kinda disgust me. :z

I don't like seeing someone's skeletal system through their flesh. >.>

Edited by Haven
  • Brohoof 3

Uuuh, I prefer my women to have a negative amount of thigh gap. Thighs need to be touching or outright squishing into each other for me. x) At least, its highly preferable to me. Bigger/Thicker women ftw. \o/

Lmfao haven I could not resist laughing at this comment xD but hey you got some truth here lol

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't rely too much on my opinion, i hardly represent all men - but i wouldn't really care either way. If i think really hard about it, maybe i can see why some men would find it sexy, but I don't think someone should hurt themselves just to become more attractive.

• Brohoof 1

Lmfao haven I could not resist laughing at this comment xD but hey you got some truth here lol

xD Im glad I made you laugh, brah.

And hey, they asked, so I told them how I feel. x)

Tiny women in this sense are kinda disgusting, im not gonna lie. :z

I honestly didn't even know this was a thing. That being said, women should never starve themselves or do any other risky or harmful things to achieve any kind of body image. That's just wrong. It's not fair to themselves. 

Women don't need to change their body like that to be beautiful. The kind of people who would only view someone as beautiful if they put their body through hell and back like that are the kind of people whose opinions don't matter in the first place.

If a woman naturally has thigh gap, cool. If she doesn't, cool. I honestly don't really care, I wouldn't view her as any less beautiful regardless of which was the case.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey

Ehh, I have a natural thigh gap, but my thighs do touch. It's like a small triangle instead of my thighs being actually separated. Eh.

I don't care about how people look, as long as they're not obviously unhealthy. A little care is needed, a little dolling up is alright (even if I don't do it myself), but no one should rely so strongly on appearance. 

Like I said, I do too, but my thighs don't touch at all. I don't think it looks bad, but like you said, Ehh.

I didn't know what it was till like, a year and a half ago. I was like, 'Oh... welll... okeeey...'

I don't find it attractive much at all. A little bit of a natural gap is fine but when girls starve themselves to get it, it's in no way appealing. Especially not when it looks so incredibly unnatural.

• Brohoof 1

As a straight man, I don't find it attractive or sexy at all. I never even knew there was a such thing.

In fact, I actually thought fatter thighs were sexier and more feminine.

I have a natural thigh gap. It's how I'm built and most of my life I didn't even know.

I'm kinda surprised even someone as young as 13 is aware of if she does or doesn't have a "thigh gap". 

But as well, most of your life you didn't know you had one probably because this is one of those "trending" things that only seems to have shot into public knowledge very recently. It's like having a "booty"; - rewind to the 90s and having a big ole butt would be considered a "bad" thing. - Women would say "Does my butt look big in this?!", to which she would want "No dear!" as a response. Now though, I can imagine many women wanting their butt to look big, or at least rounded. You can actually buy special underwear to emphasize the shape and size of butt cheeks now.  :huh: Companies make crazy-profit out of things like this. 

So yeah, being paranoid that your butt is too flat seems like a relatively new concern, as does this whole ridiculous "thigh gap" thing. 

I'm not saying there were never men who lusted after thigh gaps and rounded butts before, but it's certainly started to make more women feel like there are more things to worry about. Idk. 

What do you think about girls who take extreme, unhealthy measures to get one? Do you in your opinion even find it sexy? Even if you do is it worth it?

I'm neutral about it in terms of sexiness. It won't make a woman I find unattractive suddenly appear attractive if I discover she has a thigh gap, and it won't make a woman I find attractive suddenly unattractive if I discover that she doesn't have a thigh gap. 

A woman/girl undertaking extreme, unhealthy measures to make any aesthetic change to her body is not worth it, no matter who finds it sexy. 

• Brohoof 1

Is that supposed to be attractive? (No offense)

I don't like it if they starve themselves just to prevent their tighs from touching. That's just sad on behalf of both genders (and for different reasons).

I inherited crooked knees from my dad, so my knees don't even touch when I stand up straight unless I bend them, and I have a thigh gap. I've been self-conscious about my knees for many years. I don't like wearing shorts because I think my knees look weird. I only wear capris when the weather is too hot (you can Google image search "capris" for more examples).

I've been a teenie tiny bit self-conscious about the thigh gap because I thought not having one was normal  :confused: 

(edited)

I inherited crooked knees from my dad, so my knees don't even touch when I stand up straight unless I bend them, and I have a thigh gap. I've been self-conscious about my knees for many years. I don't like wearing shorts because I think my knees look weird. I only wear capris when the weather is too hot (you can Google image search "capris" for more examples).

I've been a teenie tiny bit self-conscious about the thigh gap because I thought not having one was normal  :confused: 

It uncommon to have one naturally, which is why I think it's a terrible 'beauty standard' : P

And Hahaha I know what capris are :) I guess this site is full of guys that have no idea... :P

Oh wait, you said not having one was normal... yeah you're right. But a lot of girls stride for it.

Edited by KatieBelle219
  • Brohoof 1

Now, now...honestly, some girls can't help that. You know? For those saying that it makes a girl attractive, and gap between a women's theighs does not define their beauty.

I don't have a gap, but it doesn't mean I'm ugly.

• Brohoof 3

Attaining a thigh gap, I think, is one of the biggest lies ever told. It comes down completely to your bone structure. It has nothing to do with your weight. It has nothing to do with how fit you are. It has nothing to do with how slim you are. It all comes town to your bone structure. Some people will have a thigh gap even if they put on a few pounds. I think in the second picture the OC posted, even if she put on some weight, she'd probably still have a thigh gap. However, there are some people who will never have a thigh gap. At least not while still being healthy. I mean, okay, technically, the femurs are separate from each other so eventually, if you take off enough muscle, there will be a gap. But that's not healthy.

I really hate this idea of a thigh gap. Some people have one. Some people don't. It's just the way you are. And that the thigh gap has been basically propagated as an ideal of beauty is sickening. It's like saying... I was gonna say that "It's like saying people with (was trying to think of a physical trait that can't be altered) are more beautiful than those without." Then I realized that there's practically nothing about physical appearance that we (more specifically women) don't alter. And that made me very sad, just now... Cuz it shows that we do value one type of physical appearance over another. And that's disheartening and it frankly disgusts me.

But I digress. This is something about someone that can't be changed in a healthy way. I don't see why there's so much emphasis. It doesn't mean you're slim. It doesn't mean you're fit. It doesn't say anything about your health. Especially if you're attaining it by over-exercising, starving yourself or worse. So I don't see why there's been this big appeal toward it. Regardless of why, though, it needs to stop. People need to stop goading other people into this impossible-to-achieve beauty standard. It's ridiculous, it's disgusting and it's harmful.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Wait that is a thing? O_o

Meh I don't exactly stare at peoples legs... So I don't really care.

As long as someone looks healthy, they can be considered attractive.

Edited by A CrayZ Cat
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

You have natural thigh gap? You're beautiful.

You don't have natural thigh gap? You're beautiful.

But please, please don't feel bad because you have one or don't have one. Don't starve yourself to achieve one (which I don't think is possible). Risking your health and safety isn't worth it.

Edited by Destiny
  • Brohoof 5