Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How far does the horn magic reach for?!

That Special Brony

While watching the pilot episode, it hit me... How far does the magic used to lift things in Equestrian reach? It can't be infinite because then the planet would have many issues but it's further then a human arm would reach, how far do you recon and how much weight can it lift at once.

Something to think about, please reply your thoughts

Brohoof

:)

It would vary spell to spell, as well as unicorn to unicorn (Or Alicorn).

As the Unicorn or ALicorn itself  would be able to control how far the spell travels...such as the one to raise the sun and moon. There's also area of effect spells that the user controls how far it goes. Their knowledge of magic would also take into effect of how far it can travel...a more powerful unicorn would be able to reach farther than a less powerful unicorn.

(edited)

While watching the pilot episode, it hit me... How far does the magic used to lift things in Equestrian reach? It can't be infinite because then the planet would have many issues but it's further then a human arm would reach, how far do you recon and how much weight can it lift at once.

Something to think about, please reply your thoughts

Brohoof

:)

From what Celestia, Luna, and a powered up Twilight have shown, their best strength feats and range with their horn is moving a star around (that is the same size as ours) and having inner planetary system range with that same feat and Celestia being able to teleport back from the Sun to Equestria once Nightmare Moon was defeated (broke free from her short imprisonment) respectively.

Edited by Nuke87654

(edited)

C'mon, man, don't you remember your physics? There is no limit, per se. What happens is that the strength of a unicorn's magic fades with respect to distance squared. Obviously, a more powerful unicorn's magic can reach farther, but this is still reduced greatly over long distances. As such:

S = ( E C Mu Mo ) / ( 4 π d2 )

The equation above describes the universal law of magical mechanics. Here, S is the strength of any particular magical interaction. E is the energy of the unicorn, C is the instantaneous concentration, and Mu and Mo are the magical coefficients of the unicorn and object, respectively, while d is the distance between the unicorn and the object.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

I think it depends on the Unicorn/Alicorn's power level.

If the power level is over 9000, I'm sure their magic will have a long reach.

It's over 9000!!!!!!!!

Thanks you all so much for this it just got me thinking as I am new to being a brony :P

Thanks a lot

I just figured it depends on the unicorn's abilities and knowledge alone, as well as its ties to their talents. I heard by some reviewers that unicorn magic tends to work at its strongest when its used in the pony's talents. Like with Twilight who studies in magic, so naturally her abilities might be a bit stronger then others, especially now that she's an alicorn.

Then you have Rarity who tends to use her magic mostly when it comes to her fashion creating. Or finding gems, but as far goes as levitation and the ability to reach stuff...ya... I have no idea to be all honest, other then to base that it depends on the unicorn using the spell.