Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming FPS Genre, how do you prefer it [poll]

Bastion

FPS preference Poll  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Out of these choices available, which style of FSP game do your prefer

• Modern military shooters (Call of duty, Battlefield, medal of honour ect)
    • WWII shooters (Early Call of duty and medal of honour, ect)
    • Arcade style FPS (Gotham city imposters, Team fortress 2, ect)
    • war on terrorism FSP (Counter strike, Rainbow Six series, ect)
    • Arena combat (Quake, Unreal tournament, ect)
    • Old school FPS (Doom, Wolfenstein, Duke Nuke'em, Shadow warrior)
    • Futuristic based fps games (Halo, Aliens, ect)
  2. 2. Out of these choices available, which style of FSP game do dislike the most

• Modern military shooters (Call of duty, Battlefield, medal of honour ect)
    • WWII shooters (Early Call of duty and medal of honour, ect)
    • Arcade style FPS (Gotham city imposters, Team fortress 2, ect)
    • war on terrorism FSP (Counter strike, Rainbow Six series, ect)
    • Arena combat (Quake, Unreal tournament, ect)
    • Old school FPS (Doom, Wolfenstein, Duke Nuke'em, Shadow warrior)
    • Futuristic based fps games (Halo, Aliens, ect)

(edited)

As part of a game survey, I am setting up a poll based on the multiple versions of the First person shooter genre, from modern military games such as call of duty, battelfield and medal of honour, to the classic style of games like doom, shadow warrior and Quake

These votes will be collected and put into a database for Rising Fire Studios (My game development Company, which currently only includes myself)

As I want to know what the consumers look for when trying to have a good time in a video game.

You are free to talk about your choice bellow and engage in a discussion based on it (its a forum so duh :P )

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Hyper

(edited)

I dislike rainbow six vegas, and all them kinda games. But like counter strike. And you know how the modern warfare series is about terrorism.

Also you need to add a sci-fi one for things like halo and alien. They are my favourite ones.

Edited by Brechard

I dislike rainbow six vegas, and all them kinda games. But like counter strike. And you know how the modern warfare series is about terrorism.

Also you need to add a sci-fi one for things like halo and alien. They are my favourite ones.

Should have remembered the alien and future based fps. cheers, editing now

Okay, thanks. I only voted for least like with CT is because I don't like any of the rainbow six vegas games, well, that franchise. CS:GO is amazing. But I like all the other one, just sci-fi more as well.

I'm not picky about the setting so much as I prefer the gameplay to move a bit slower. I hate when enemies are bullet sponges for the sake of making the fight last longer. If I pop a guy in the head, he should die unless he's got a helmet on that might save him.

Having only two weapon slots is also extremely annoying. Full arsenals of weapons, even if it changes every level like in Timesplitters: Future Perfect, is the way to go.

Usable and possibly craftable items like in Rage are also good. Not just healing items but stuff that's useful in stealth or in a fight like molotovs with a little more bang than usual.

I don't know which one to pick because none of these choices accurately describe how I like my shooters.

(edited)

Out of these choices available, which style of FSP game do your prefer?

I'm definitely in the minority, but WWII shooters

Out of these choices available, which style of FSP game do dislike the most?

Modern Military Shooters. A lot of them come across as too dull and generic for me

Edited by Megas75

Gotta stick with the old school :)

I'm not a fan of the countless modern military clones either, but I have to say I'm thoroughly tired of WW2 era shooters.

Where would something like Arma fit in your hierarchy? It's modern military but a far cry from CoD, BF and the like.

• Brohoof 1

Halo is awesome. Some modern shooters are good. Modern Warfare franchise was amazing for example. But newer Call of Duty. Nope.

BF4 is a good game, but just really buggy.

Ehh, I'm more of a Bioshock lover in terms of what FPS games have to offer, BUT I can admire the old school like Doom & Wolfenstein. As long as it has a strong story & characters, or at least if they're interesting enough, then I am good.

Ehh, I'm more of a Bioshock lover in terms of what FPS games have to offer, BUT I can admire the old school like Doom & Wolfenstein. As long as it has a strong story & characters, or at least if they're interesting enough, then I am good.

Shooters with RPG elements like Bioshock, Rage and Dirge of Cerberus are where it's at for sure. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I only recently started playing Halo...a month ago *Shamed by Halo fans*

I actually...never heard of it before...Until RvB...(Let's just say, I looked like a fool when I asked what was used to make it...)

:eww: Wut? Really. Okay, well at there is always a time to find out about stuff. But i've been playing Halo for about 8-10 years or something.

• Brohoof 1

:eww: Wut? Really. Okay, well at there is always a time to find out about stuff. But i've been playing Halo for about 8-10 years or something.

I was a really big shut in as a child...The most gaming experience I had was playing Harvest Moon on a Gamecube...

• Brohoof 1

I was a really big shut in as a child...The most gaming experience I had was playing Harvest Moon on a Gamecube...

Okay. I played tons of games. Halo, Gears of war when that came out, Alien, Predator, Area 51. That stuff. Also things like the sims.

• Brohoof 2

I was rather taken aback when I saw it was asking about setting rather than gameplay styles (ie super realistic tactical simulators like Arma compared to arena shooters). But as for setting, I still love running through hell with my BFG 9000 over stomping the middle east in again and again.

Okay. I played tons of games. Halo, Gears of war when that came out, Alien, Predator, Area 51. That stuff. Also things like the sims.

You've named some of my favorite games...(Especially Sims!)

I've evolved since then...Halo is one of my favorites right now, along with TF2 and well..still Harvest Moon.

I look back and think how much better I am...

Especially since the first game I bought myself was Hannah Montana ...*shivers*

• Brohoof 1

You've named some of my favorite games...(Especially Sims!)

I've evolved since then...Halo is one of my favorites right now, along with TF2 and well..still Harvest Moon.

I look back and think how much better I am...

Especially since the first game I bought myself was Hannah Montana ...*shivers*

First game I bought. Dunno. Most recent game I bought. DmC. Even though it's a 16, and i'm 15  :smug:  Was amazing, finally getting a higher aged game.

First game I bought. Dunno. Most recent game I bought. DmC. Even though it's a 16, and i'm 15  :smug:  Was amazing, finally getting a higher aged game.

:o Uwaaaah....

You've got better game experience than me and you're younger...

I'm 17....

• Brohoof 1