Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Spoilers] Two New Previews for Rainbow Rocks on Yahoo

Carbon Maestro

I'll watch another time. Looks pretty good from the few seconds I looked at. Sunset Shimmer is good?

Presumably she learned more about friendship following the events of the first movie -- hence why she's hanging out with the Mane 5.

• Brohoof 1

Presumably she learned more about friendship following the events of the first movie -- hence why she's hanging out with the Mane 5.

Yeah. She learnt her lesson, just like Discord in season four finale.

Judging from Sunset Shimmer's expression right before they zoom on the gas, I'd say they notice it to. So far the show hasn't made any "audience-seen-only" stuff (or has it ?)

Also, how is that a plot hole ? I mean, why would she talk to the school's principal just because she had a weird feeling about the new students ? Especially with her reputation of, y'know, demon and all... I don't think Celestia would do much if anything about it

Heh ^^

There's also the fact that she had her own animated short and, more importantly, she appears on one of the book covers along with the (hu)Mane 6...

[Warning : Big image]

img-2898793-1-EG_2_Novel_Cover.jpg

Ooh, more fuel for my hype :muffins:

That cover is for the novelization of the shorts. For now, we can only hope this isn't a case of an "Advertised Extra".

This is gonna be one trippy movie. I already hate the villans -.-

Hate, or love to hate -- that's a big difference.  [Do you hate the characters as characters or hate the characterization?]

The battle of the bands song really hooked me. They're sowing the seeds of discord (No, not HIM!) trying to disrupt the magic of friendship. This does not bode well. I do like how Sunset Shimmer seems to be learning and growing as a friend. Will she eventually return to Equestria, or will she be content to remain in the human world?

(I still refuse to accept it as Earth)

Weird seeing Sunset Shimmer in a nicer light like that. Here's hoping she'll now become a good character. ;)

Not a fan of the new antagonists designs really, they look like Monster High rejects or something... but I guess that can help serve dislike towards them, no? ^_^

The song they sang was actually not bad tho. Here's hoping the movie will pump out more tracks like that. :wacko:

(edited)

Nice to see that Sunset realized what a lousy villain she was.

And the rivalry comes to a head as Monsters High refugees appear! 

No Hasbro, tell us how you REALLY feel...

Also...EQG Octavia! (now with expressions and the ability to talk!)

Edited by Jangobadass

I'm kind of undecided on my thoughts on this movie really, some of it looks interesting, sunset shimmer seems more interesting for sure, i'm curious how she plays into this, but I don't really know my thoughts on the movie.

I'll just have to wait till it comes out I guess.

As for the song, it was cool, much darker vibe than a lot of songs, It's not like amazing in my mind right now, but it was cool, and different than some of the other songs.

Idk, I feel like I don't really know enough to judge this movie either way, i can't say i'm excited for it, or that I feel i'm going to hate it.

I'll just wait until I see it to pass judgement I think. It looks interesting to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

Dazzle sounds like Kazumi Evans :D. Man, those singing Mane Six VA's :lol:. Shoichet as Sunset, Evans as Dazzle, and I think the blue one in the band there is Ashleigh Ball. Even Chan-Kent went bad in Littlest Pet Shop :wacko:. Something sinister's going on here :ph34r:

I'm really hyped at how the teaser seems to be promoting Sunset :D. She's the main reason I'm interested in this movie in the first place, and look at her in all her "gives no shits" glory :wub:.

img-2889272-1-3UOvkko.png

"So yeah, when I said there was something off I meant they wander the halls spreading weird green gas and singing evil songs :mellow: "

This is my favorite song of the ones we've heard from the movie so far, and easily. Felt pretty cheesy at first, but I like the somewhat ominous and tempting feeling the beginning gives off, and I also like how it almost serves as an anti Helping Twilight Win the Crown, what with using a catchy cafeteria song to take all the cliques and students and turn them against one another. Hype increased :D

i think Sunset went to confront those sirens and got mind zapped, kinda why she was acting all floozy in the vid

although my second theory is that SS is in cahoots with them sirens but she is having a guilty conscience 

Edited by Lunas Sorrow