Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How violent do you really think the FiM ponies can get?

Echo Narcissa

Level of FiM Ponies violence  

53 users have voted

1. 1. How violent do you think the FiM Ponies can really get?

• Fight club violent
    • God of War violent
    • Gory/Blood soaked
    • Dark
    • They can't, they're weak push overs (This is a big, fat lie, and whoever really vote this is full of shit XD XP

(edited)

I have been wondering this for a while now and from seeing the street fight in the Canterlot wedding, the fight against Sombra and them completely blowing him up, Twilight blowing up a plant's head on Princess Twilight, the Celestia vs Nightmare Moon fight, and who can forget the Tirek vs Twilight fight? 

I personally want to know what you guys think because to me, I love dark stuff and I like it when the ponies gets violent because it makes them look so much more bad ass (Don't judge me) and seeing how much violent it got over the seasons, I'm pretty sure they are capable of spilling a lot of blood or do you think they are weak push overs?

Edited by Echo Narcissa

I'm just going to go with fight club violent at this point. I don't think they'd spill blood unless there were extreme circumstances. In normal situations that require violent actions, they can definitely throw up their hoofs and knock some teeth out though.

• Brohoof 3

I'm just going to go with fight club violent at this point. I don't think they'd spill blood unless there were extreme circumstances. In normal situations that require violent actions, they can definitely throw up their hoofs and knock some teeth out though.

I don't know cause from the Celestia going up against Nightmare Moon like that and the damn near God of War/ Dragon Ball Z fight Twilight had with Tirek, I really think they can mess some stuff if they have to or in Pinkie Pie's case, wants to.

I don't know cause from the Celestia going up against Nightmare Moon like that and the damn near God of War/ Dragon Ball Z fight Twilight had with Tirek, I really think they can mess some stuff if they have to or in Pinkie Pie's case, wants to.

Yes, but even under those circumstances there was no gory bloodshed. I could see the Mane Six, if they had to defeat an enemy permanently, maybe crushing them under something, throwing them into a pit, or blowing them up with magic, but actual guts and blood mayhem just seems out of their league.

As I said, beating up their enemies with physical attacks or magic is something that they seem perfectly fine with doing, but something like tearing a pony in half like Kratos would do seems out of character for them.

Not very. I think they're more likely to turn somebody to stone or send them to Tartarus before things really got out of hand. Even the fight with Tirek involved no gore and it ended with banishment instead of death. Only Sombra has actually died, and he was basically killed by the joy of the Chrystal ponies instead of actual violence. I think the ponies generally dislike violence and will only use it as a last resort.

(edited)

Yes, but even under those circumstances there was no gory bloodshed. I could see the Mane Six, if they had to defeat an enemy permanently, maybe crushing them under something, throwing them into a pit, or blowing them up with magic, but actual guts and blood mayhem just seems out of their league.

As I said, beating up their enemies with physical attacks or magic is something that they seem perfectly fine with doing, but something like tearing a pony in half like Kratos would do seems out of character for them.

Well, to me, not for Pinkie because it's not that I'm making excuses, it just seems that Pinkie would maybe be one of the main ones to do that. Since to everyone, cup cakes seemed like a possibility and had them thinking and wondering, "Eh, hey, could this really happen? Is this really possible for Pinkie Pie to because due to her nature this may seem like something that would occur." So, those are just kind of my reasons and facts/evidence to support my thoughts. Either way, there will still be someone bleeding since if they beat someone up bad enough like on fight club, there will be some blood, bruises and wounds there. Not gory, but still some like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_1yUbwm9MA&index=192&list=PLP0Bhh_30P4-bvIPKbNIANCyGLnmKj0OT

How post this in video from?

Edited by Echo Narcissa

MLP:DBZ :lol:

I'll wear this mustache...

post-28159-0-60763600-1406692331.gif

why? because IT"S OVER 9000!!!

post-28159-0-28999800-1406692877_thumb.jpg

...muffins that is.

What do you think they ponies would use the dragonballs for?

(edited)

"Ugh, did you hear what she said? I almost slightly dislike that pony. If she does that again, I'm gonna tolerate less shit out of her and revoke her cupcake privileges. Shit's gonna get REAL!"

Edited by Regulus

As far as potential:

Twilight would kill somepony if said pony were to kill Celestia, although it would be in a moment of intense anger, and she'd probably never get over herself.
Were Pinkie Pie to kill somepony, it would be due to an accident, definitely not cupcakes style. I could imagine her injuring someone during one of her Pinkamena states and not really thinking about it until later.
The rest of the ponies? Probably not. Even if their loved ones were killed, they'd be more of the type to have to try to bring the person to justice rather than kill them.

• Brohoof 3

As far as potential:

Twilight would kill somepony if said pony were to kill Celestia, although it would be in a moment of intense anger, and she'd probably never get over herself.

Were Pinkie Pie to kill somepony, it would be due to an accident, definitely not cupcakes style. I could imagine her injuring someone during one of her Pinkamena states and not really thinking about it until later.

The rest of the ponies? Probably not. Even if their loved ones were killed, they'd be more of the type to have to try to bring the person to justice rather than kill them.

Okay, I really think anyone who have gotten their loved ones killed in front of their eyes gonna have the desire to be violent and get revenge on that said pony or like in Fall out Equestria or New Lunar Republic VS The Solar Empire thing. The point I'm trying to get to is, each of the rumbles and/or fights are getting slightly or a little more violent each season. The creators aren't there yet, but it looks like they are trying to get there slowly.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I pick God of War, because of it's over-the-top fighting in a fantasy universe. Although sadly, the suits probably won't approve of any on-screen blood, despite The Powerpuff Girls having it.

Wow, they're totally pushing the envelope for what cartoons can get away with.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 2

I dunno, it depends. Twilight did go super sayan in the s4 finale (although that didn't have any actual blood shed) so it really depends on the circumstances when considering their potential for violence. Are we going to consider the fact that they reside within a tv-y show? Because if so, then they have little potential for physical violence, as that is often looked down upon, and may effect Hasbro's sales.

However, out side their tv-y rating,with their ability to use magic, and the fact that Twilight did enter a dbz styled fight leads me to believe that they could have the potential for god of war esk violence if ever moved outside their TV-Y rating.

• Brohoof 2

I pick God of War, because of it's over-the-top fighting in a fantasy universe. Although sadly, the suits probably won't approve of any on-screen blood, despite The Powerpuff Girls having it.

Wow, they're totally pushing the envelope for what cartoons can get away with.

Then vote on God of war then  :)

I dunno, it depends. Twilight did go super sayan in the s4 finale (although that didn't have any actual blood shed) so it really depends on the circumstances when considering their potential for violence. Are we going to consider the fact that they reside within a tv-y show? Because if so, then they have little potential for physical violence, as that is often looked down upon, and may effect Hasbro's sales.

However, out side their tv-y rating,with their ability to use magic, and the fact that Twilight did enter a dbz styled fight leads me to believe that they could have the potential for god of war esk violence if ever moved outside their TV-Y rating.

Then vote on all so cool, God of War style violence :)

Then vote on God of war then  :)

Then vote on all so cool, God of War style violence :)

Well, as the show stands, I don't really see them going outside the common cartoon fight scenes. I would vote god of war if the show had the ability to escape its G rated control, but as it stands I'd say it it is around a level between fight club, and not having violence at all.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Haven't seen Fight Club Cinema sin (DING) (Don't know how much violence is in there, guessing there must be some blood cherry cola)

I'm with @@@M'aiq the Liar, on this.  The show would have to shed it's TV-Y rating, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. 

I can't see this series even remotely getting close to injecting even a small amount of blood red paint appearing on screen.  Even in very large epic battles like the Changling fight in Canterlot Royal wedding or Tirek's fight with Twilight (which didn't even show bruise marks), that's about as far as I can see the series go, cartoon violence without the blood tomato juice.

Edited by pony.colin

I think there is more then enough evidence to say that the ponies COULD go full blown bloody warfare with intense powers. They reference weapons of war several times, and the three races of ponies have once fought bitter battles before they were unified under the Alicorn Empire. Now are they going to show bloody war on a rated y show? No but the potential is there..

• Brohoof 1

It would be interesting if we change the usual "threat to the throne or all Equestria" to "They want to kill our foals". At the latter, I expect them to be scarily violent and probably murderous. I expect AJ and Dashie to take their usual bar fight to bar fight to the death. Pinkie and Flutty are two of the nicest persons around, but from my experience, if you push a nice person too far, they become extremely violent, so I expect they to lose control and blindly kill the threat in a bloody way, deaf to their pleas of mercy. Rarity might be more subtle in her revenge before killing them, same with Twily, but far more cruel, so, I put them in dark.

I didn't chose the GoW violence because I have a hard time taking it seriously  :P , but I'm talking about real violence above, Manhunt levels  -_-

• Brohoof 1

I chose fight club and dark.

Scenes where the mane six are fighting, their methods do fit into fight club violent.

They didn't really kill king Sombra (the Crystal Heart did that), but it was still really dark.

• Brohoof 1

As violent as they have to be, it would take some extenuating circumstances to get them to God of War violent but it is possible perhaps not in the show but certainly if Equestria in fact actually existed. The most violent the show is ever going to get is Twilight's fight with Tirek.

I personally think that lesson zero has pushed the boundary of censorship enough. You know parents these days. They probably think that Twilight raped the CMC. :o  Oh... do I have to mention FLUTTERSHY SNAPS A BEAR'S NECK??????  :angry:  

• Brohoof 2

Violence doesn't really exist in Equestria. We have to remember that every time that violence arrives, it is through otherworldly means or at least from beyond the borders of Equestria. The otherworldly means would be all the great villains, even Trixie. Minor things like the dragons would be from other lands but the ponies do have a tendency to at least want to defend their friends and loved ones from time to time. Equestria does have a royal guard, which means that they see the need to have a defense even though Celestia is obviously too powerful to actually need guards for her own sake. Maybe it means that she can't be bothered to police everything and there must be others to deal with minor issues. So in conclusion, the ponies are not likely to get very violent at all really with a few notable villain exceptions....again, Trixie and also, Sunset Shimmer.

There's no way in Equestria that MLP could ever come close to reaching the levels of God of War, that's really really violent. We have to remember that MLP is intended to be a kids show. Although Bronies are the majority of the views, Hasbro still honors their original intention, I believe.

To answer your question, since none of us really expected the "fight scene" in Twilight's Kingdom, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say since this is probably the most "violent" MLP has ever gotten, it's probably the most violent it will get.

That's just what I'm guessing though. :huh:

• Brohoof 2