Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you eat with chopsticks?

Legacy Dash

154 users have voted

1. 1. Can you eat with chopsticks?

• Eeyup.
    • Sort of, I sometimes send meat flying across the table...
    • Nope.

I'm ambidextrous with chopsticks!  I taught myself how to do with with both my hands out of boredom, and now I like to show off. I have a nice steel pair of chopsticks (my favourite) and 5 other fancy ones that have cases (all were gifts, except the steel ones).

Sometimes, I go to a regular restaurant (not a Chinese one), whip out a pair, and chow down. My husband finds it annoying because he knows I do it just because I can. Sometimes, I even use chopsticks on cereal. I find it fun. It's like you have to earn your food... :P

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I do know how to eat with chopsticks :)

I actually found it to be quite simple, unlike my other family members.

• Brohoof 2

I can use chopsticks, which has been a point of ridicule on multiple occasions. I don't use them around family for this reason, but alone, if eating Chinese (or any Asian) food I will use them. Eating pizza with chopsticks when challenged to was a fun experience (and remarkably easy). 

• Brohoof 1

I can do it, but since I was raised with a fork in hand I often just use that, as it comes more naturally and takes less effort for me. So while I can eat with them, I often leave them as a last resort option.

Well. I honestly have only tried to eat with chopsticks like twice in my life, and both times i think were with noodles, and I gave up after a while, because by the time I got one noodle in my mouth, I had expended enough energy that the 1 noodle meant nothing lol.

So i haven't practiced much frankly, but eh.

I cannot say i can eat with chopsticks though, of course we no longer have any to my knowledge, even if I'd rather just eat with a fork or spoon or something really.

Although chopsticks look like fun sometimes, but then I try and use them and fail and get frustrated and just kind of give up ;p.

Kudos to all you people who can actually use them, because I sure can't.

• Brohoof 1

I went through a phase where I was challenging myself to use non-traditional utensils on foods that are already difficult to eat with conventional weaponry eating utensils.  I bought a pair of ceramic chopsticks from the Mitsuwa festival in New Jersey, and lost them a few months later. Very efficient.  I used them for far too many things.

It's not every day you can say that you've eaten pudding with chopsticks. 

• Brohoof 2

Yep! A friend of mine taught me back in grade 5 at a school buffet. I'm pretty handy with them now, but I still don't use them all too often. Typically a fork is more suitable for the meals I eat, but I will switch it up on occasion. Use the right tool for the job, right?

• Brohoof 1

We actually spent time in elementary school learning how to use chopsticks... I was never able to grasp the concept.. I was like one of the very few in my class who didn't catch on.. haven't tried since.

Yerp. Of course, I can eat ANYTHING with chopsticks.

In fact, I wish I could use 'em everyday....or at least get a plastic pair that I can re-use.

I can even pick up Jell-o without cheating, which is awesome (darn slimy thing, jumping all over the place....ugh).

Actually, almost everyone in my family can use 'em because there's a Chinese all-you-can-eat restaurant in our downtown that we go to quite often.

And you can eat the noodles with chopsticks by either curling it like spaghetti (but sideways) or just grab that and NEVER let go.

• Brohoof 1

Yes! It's actually quite easy when you get the right position. It's just a matter of making it work out to shovel down rice and other stuff and such. I look forward to eating chopsticks when I can.

• Brohoof 1

Chopstick use comes naturally to me(which is weird considering I'm Australian and hold a fork like I have my hands switched around).

I like feeling authentic with food, so if I'm eating something suited to chopsticks, I'll use them.

Its actually a lot easier than it looks. First you hold the chopsticks from the bottom smaller ends slanted between the ends of your thumb and index finger. to move the chopsticks and open them up simply move your thumb and index up and dowcln to open and closes the chopsticks.

Its easier than learning English, or any foreign language for that matter. Practice a bit and you'd quickly get used to it.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I certainly do~

There's not much opportunity for me to use them most of the time - but! I always, always use the wooden chopsticks I have to eat ramen noodles now. It's SO much more satisfying somehow!