Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather fight against a work that is inspired by MLP:FiM?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

For example, Mr. X writes several fictional works. They are indirectly inspired in one way or another by MLP:FiM (e.g. anti-pandering, anti-cliches, Shetland ponies and horses' silly adventures, pink-haired girls).

Would these works, for being either from indirect inspiration; or characters and settings based on characters and stuff from the show itself, become a target by the furious Brony audience (because they might expect their franchise to be supreme; no competitors!)

I would think bronies would be fairly supportive of something inspired by MLP, so long as it wasn't a direct rip off. Besides, nothing is wholly original most of the time. MLP itself takes a lot of inspiration from Greek mythology.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see a reason to shut it down or fight against it, but unless it catches my eye, I'm not going to be interested in it either.

The only thing I'd fight against are crappy rip offs. Or at least complain about it. I remember seeing a teaser for one that came out recently, but I don't remember the name of it.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on whether or not it's paying homage to MLP or just ripping it off. Fanworks are all over the place, and I'd be a liar to say I don't follow many of said works. These are just people who want to share their love of the show and the fandom that has spawned from it. They are hardly different than you or I.

I really don't understand your question. We have THOUSANDS of stories that are fannon on http://www.fimfiction.net/. Those are based on the show, closely or loosely.  We clearly support fanfiction with the thriving success of the site and its multitude of authors. If a story is badly written or offensive it gets downrated. Occasionally something will be infamous for being more known for being loathed or offensive then being a good quality read but that's not that common.  That's about all i can comment on without you being more specific and direct on your question.

• Brohoof 1

The key point is that there is rarely anything that is completely original these days.

One example is my favorite Disney movie "Atlantis: The Lost Empire." During it's run the film was CONSTANTLY attacked by fans of the anime "Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water," and it's not hard to see why. Some situations seems very similar, characters share similar traits, even the vehicles seem to share the same basic ideas. So, does that mean Atlantis ripped off Nadia?

However, when looked at more deeply, it is found that there was an anime movie called "Laguta: Castle in the Sky" from which we can see Nadia shared some basic elements & ideas with; which can also be found in Atlantis. So, did one work rip-off another? Far from it. All three of Atlantis, Nadia, and Laputa are inspired from the works of author Jules Verne who's work formed the basis for many advanture & exploration-inspired media; in some cases.

Nadia vs. Atlantis source: http://www.thesecretofbluewater.com/atlantis-i.htm

My point is that if someone that is inspired from MLP is made; there is no need to fight it. Let it grow, find it's own legs, and develop its fanbase. Nothing wrong with that.