Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EQG 2 Rainbow Rocks - The Dazzlings (Speculation)

SailorMedamonGirl1

post-27475-0-97081000-1406840872_thumb.png

Ok, so it is confirmed that the group 'The Dazzlings' (Sonata Dusk, Adiago Dazzle,

and Aria Blaze) are the villains of the new movie.

So, here are the facts: It has been confirmed that they are based off of Sirens.

Now, some facts about Sirens:

Sirens were from Greek mythology, and were said to be beautiful women that lured men to shipwrecks with their singing. 

It also says that were given wings by Demeter to find Persephone, or they were cursed by Demeter for thwarting the abduction of Persephone. Their song is always calling on Persephone, dragging others into their deaths.

Speculation:

So....what I'm guessing is these girls want to resurrect someone or summon something by sucking up the hateful energy of the students and using magic similar to 'Inspiration Manifestation' (you know, because her eyes flashed green).

And why are they working together? Other than the Snips & Snails thing with Sunset Shimmer, every other major villain worked alone. 

Now, it might be because they're a 'band', but I think it's more than that. Why work with others when you can work alone and better yourself? This is clearly the message they are spreading to everyone, so why not follow that logic themselves and go it on their own?

So....this might have some meat to it after all.

And in Adiago's pony form, she has wings. So, could they be a new breed of pony called 'Siren Ponies'?

Also, I think Sunset is gonna maybe turn evil again (like Discord did).....?

Who knows, but if you notice the look she gives....she once felt the same way, that she was better than everyone else and she realized that everyone is really the same despite being different. So....maybe?

And will Twilight come back despite the portal being closed? Will the Human Twilight be introduced?

What do you all think?

• Brohoof 1

Also, I think Sunset is gonna maybe turn evil again (like Discord did).....? Who knows, but if you notice the look she gives....she once felt the same way, that she was better than everyone else and she realized that everyone is really the same despite being different. So....maybe?

My guess when the Dazzlings' song came out was that the Mane Six were immune to their weird amulet magic because of their status as the Elements of Harmony, or something like that. Not sure if Sunset would share in that, and her absence in the rest of the clips they've released is a little odd. Perhaps she ends up falling under the sway of their magic too?

I'm very optimistically hoping that Sunset will be crucial in taking them down, so maybe part of the movie will be her fighting off the part of herself that wants to be the best and choosing friendship and all that mushy stuff instead? She is supposed to sing in this movie, allegedly, so maybe she'll use the power of music to break their spell :wub:

As for the Dazzlings themselves, I'm really liking the siren thing they have going :D. Perhaps they're empowered by sowing disorder and need to tear the school apart to get enough magic to return to Equestria?

• Brohoof 2

Well, this answers your questions about if Twilight is going to be coming back or not.

post-23625-0-90493100-1406844926.png

And for those wanting to debate that summary, remember this is EqG, plot twists like asking for her help, but having to call on human twilight anyway (due to pony refusing) is just a bit outside the level that EqG seems to be comfortable with when it comes to their plot.

As to why the mane5+1 were immune, it is most likely due to their "pony powers" they gained at the end of the first EqG when they had morphed up to help twilight build the dragon zord and stop Lord Zedd.

• Brohoof 1

Well, this answers your questions about if Twilight is going to be coming back or not.

And for those wanting to debate that summary, remember this is EqG, plot twists like asking for her help, but having to call on human twilight anyway (due to pony refusing) is just a bit outside the level that EqG seems to be comfortable with when it comes to their plot.

As to why the mane5+1 were immune, it is most likely due to their "pony powers" they gained at the end of the first EqG when they had morphed up to help twilight build the dragon zord and stop Lord Zedd.

You make a good point, and thanks for the clarification on the matter.

My guess when the Dazzlings' song came out was that the Mane Six were immune to their weird amulet magic because of their status as the Elements of Harmony, or something like that. Not sure if Sunset would share in that, and her absence in the rest of the clips they've released is a little odd. Perhaps she ends up falling under the sway of their magic too?   I'm very optimistically hoping that Sunset will be crucial in taking them down, so maybe part of the movie will be her fighting off the part of herself that wants to be the best and choosing friendship and all that mushy stuff instead? She is supposed to sing in this movie, allegedly, so maybe she'll use the power of music to break their spell   As for the Dazzlings themselves, I'm really liking the siren thing they have going . Perhaps they're empowered by sowing disorder and need to tear the school apart to get enough magic to return to Equestria?

I do hope that Sunset Shimmer does go a little evil,  but then comes back to the good side. Think of it: She just turned good, so she still might have a bit of a evil side to her. 

Or, her depression could get the best of her and she ends up not helping as much as she should until the very end.

You make a good point, and thanks for the clarification on the matter.

I do hope that Sunset Shimmer does go a little evil,  but then comes back to the good side. Think of it: She just turned good, so she still might have a bit of a evil side to her. 

Or, her depression could get the best of her and she ends up not helping as much as she should until the very end.

I would enjoy seeing her go overboard when confronting the sirens. I would like to see her attack the sirens more violently than the mane 6, earning some distrust from both groups, but she learns about restraint  and helps the mane 6 win.

I'm interested in them as the fact they're a team of villains rather than a single villain because this may fulfill my wish for the mane 6 to face a team of villains that would pose challenges to them throughout the series and so fourth, which please to dear god these characters turn out well as I will fanboy the crap out of them to have them appear in the show if so.

Well, they might reveal they are a different race of ponies who tumbled with a portal and saw an opportunity to gain power. And since they are based of sirens, I expect them to transform in some way 

Ugh, I don't like the new names... definitely not traditional sounding- sounds like OC names.

I like the siren concept though. They seem to be following through with Greek mythology and I love the show for that.

I'm getting a weird feeling that they have something to do with that creepy town featured in the Season 5 animatic though.

I noted the amulets they were wearing in the spoiler clip. I think that those amulets only have real power when they're activated together, rather than separately and that is why the Dazzlings are working together, rather than apart. I've seen the doll boxes and there are pony forms on there so I'm hoping that the Dazzlings turn out to be rogue Equestrians, cuz that would be awesome.

pony+version.PNG

2014-05-06_161808.jpg

I had a theory about The Dazzlings that I posted on TV Tropes a while back that relates to the previous movie, but since it is a long explanation, I put it under a spoiler tag:

Adagio Dazzle is the human form of the demon that possessed Sunset Shimmer at the Fall Formal in the previous film.

One of the plot points might involve Adagio making friends with Sunset Shimmer, who is helping out with the Humane 6’s band. However, Adagio says some weird things to Sunset that she doesn’t understand. Two such examples are "Remember me? We met at the Fall Formal?" and "This isn't really my home, I live in a better place than here". Whenever Adagio says these statements, Sunset will reply to them with statements like “You weren’t at the Fall Formal! I never saw you attend it!” (the response to the first statement)  and "I suppose you lived in the Crystal City!" (the response to the second statement, suggesting Adagio could have lived in the human version of the Crystal Empire)  In the climax of the film, Sunset is shocked at Adagio after she says, "I hate this pathetic little high school. I wish that it and Equestria could be ruled BY ME!", and it cuts to a flashback of demon Sunset saying "Spoiler alert. I was bluffing when I said I was going to destroy the portal! I don't want to rule this pathetic little high school, I want Equestria!" After this, Sunset claims that Adagio's statement about ruling Equestria and the school sounded a bit familiar, and Sunset comes to the conclusion that Adagio turned her into a demon during the Fall Formal, and she might be disguising as a demon (or whatever Hasbro decides to call the creature Sunset became), because when she was in Equestria, she read about how these demons possess ponies (and sometimes people) and transform them into what they look like in order try to carry out their dark wishes and desires for them. This angers Adagio, and she transforms. Lo and behold, she is the demon who possessed Sunset, and due to what Sunset read about demons once, Adagio's demon form looks identical to Sunset's demon form during the Fall Formal. Adagio claims that she just wanted to make friends with Sunset by helping her impress her demon kingdom by taking over Equestria and the human world. Sunset eventually battles her (this may be a musical number), and just as she is about to be defeated in the battle, she gains her pony ears and magic powers that make her strong. Then, she tells Adagio about the true meaning of friendship.
 As an extension, maybe Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk (her supposed two friends) are supposed to represent Snips and Snails' demon forms (Sonata is blue like Snips' form, though Aria's pale pink does not look a lot like Snails' form. Then again, Adagio's skin color is not the same as Sunset Shimmer's demon form).

This theory might be becoming true in a few ways: 
The extended synopsis for the film says Sunset finds out the Dazzlings aren't ordinary girls...which might mean they are really demons. In the preview clip with the Battle of the Bands song, Sunset said the girls acted strange around her, meaning they could be a new type of Siren-like demonic creature of some sort. I think since Sunset turned into a demon, she can possibly sense demons, and since the Dazzlings acted strange around her, they may have sensed that Sunset transformed into a demon. Who knows, maybe Sunset finds out that in order to fight the Dazzlings, she has to become a demon again, as this may help her understand the Dazzlings' motives if they are demonic creatures. I think this will happen because in the teaser trailer, Sunset talks about how she was a terrible she-demon. Perhaps this was a scene where they were comparing the old Sunset to how bad the Dazzlings are.

Here's how I think this scenario will actually play out in the film:
After Pinkie Pie's dialogue in the "raging she-demon" scene, Twilight says "Wait a minute, she-demon? That gives me an idea! Sunset, remember when you said the Dazzlings were acting strange, but you couldn't understand how? Perhaps they are she-demons like the one you turned into! Perhaps if we can find magic to turn you into a demon, you can find out what is up with the Dazzlings!" The girls go to some magic shop and find some magical item that can allow the user to change into anything they were in the past and the girls get it for Sunset.
Later that night at the concert, Sunset uses the magical item to transform into a demon. Then, she rushes on stage after the Dazzlings' song has ended, exposing her demon form again in front of the whole school, and the audience is shocked! The demon Sunset claims that there is something wrong with the Dazzlings. "Since when was there a CLONE of me?" Adagio asks, causing the audience at the talent competition to laugh. Sunset Shimmer asks "A clone? Is this a joke or something? This is how I looked at the Fall Formal!" and Adagio says "That was your Fall Formal appearance, huh? What if I showed you MY REAL FORM?" After this, Adagio and the Dazzlings transform into Demon Sunset, Demon Snips, and Demon Snails. Sunset Shimmer then turns back to her human form and Adagio tells the audience that she was the one who made Sunset Shimmer evil and made her turn into a she-demon, but she doesn't need her anymore: she and her friends will try to take over Equestria again! Then, Sunset Shimmer finds the Rainbooms and tells them she needs their help to defeat the Dazzlings and reveals their secret to her friends! 

Edited by SunsetDemon

...transparent gossamer wings? :confused:

*GASP!*

Could the Dazzlings really be Flutterponies?! :o

I'm praying that they're not! I mean, Hasbro bringing back the Flutter Ponies as teenage rock stars that are secretly evil... NO!