Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you bilingual? If so, what languages can you speak?

XxConfusedUnicornxX

I speak English, Norwegian and a little Spanish. I am thinking about learning russian as well. Why not?

Edited by A CrayZ Cat
  • Brohoof 1

English is my native language, and I took 2 years of Spanish in high school. I've forgotten a lot of the Spanish I learned, but I remember Spanish being a very easy language to learn. Because of it's simplicity I still remember how to do simple things like ask where the bathroom is. 

Anyways, I'd love to learn a few languages during this life time. I've always wanted to learn Japanese. I may as well try and get myself fluent in Spanish since It's an easier language to learn. I wouldn't mind learning something like Russian, Arabic, or Korean either just for the heck of it. 

I'm bilingual in English and Spanish! I was born in Mexico but English became my first language, and Spanish became a piece of cake for me due to being raised by Spanish speaking parents.

• Brohoof 1

Meh, Portuguese is underrated. :v

Yeah, I speak Portuguese. Sadly, I don't speak English. I can edit your mind and make you read everything I type in Portuguese, though, so at least I got that going.

I can speak some Russian only basic things like some greetings a few of my catchphrases some random words and a few swear words I have plans on completely learning Russian in the future primary language is English if it wasn't obvious enough

I'm pretty good at English (though I've been learning it for 26 years  :P ) and I'm trying to learn Japanese. So far I know how to read and write katakana, hiragana, and a few kanji, and I know some very basic words. I don't know enough to make many sentences yet, much less carry on a conversation, but I'm slowly getting there. I'm at the point now that when I listen to music (I love J-Pop) or watch anime, I can sometimes tell what they're singing or talking about without reading a translation, and I can usually tell if something's translated poorly.

I don't really have any plans for using Japanese in a career or anything. I'm just learning it as a hobby because I love the language. I think it's simple and elegant. I love how you can make so many words out of such a short set of sounds, how words are read exactly like they're spelled (unlike many English words), and how almost everything ends in vowels. It seems very natural to me.

I really wish, but I'm not that cool. If I really work at it, maybe I can get off my lazy butt to learn spanish or french...

I can speak quite a bit of French, but I'm not sure if it's enough for me to consider myself bilingual in French and English. Hopefully someday though, if I work on it a little more.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

I can speak spanish aside of english and am part Puerto Rican despite me not looking nothing like one :P

Really am wanting to learn another language but not sure what to choose.

I'll choose for you.

Let me see... Portuguese. :3

• Brohoof 1

I can say stove in Spanish.

Isn't that interesting and amazing? :maud:

2 years of Spanish and honestly I can only remember really random stuff. I can't hold a actual conversation, but I can sure say "yes" "stove" and "refrigerator"

That's so helpful.

• Brohoof 2

Hey there! I've searched the forums if theres a topic like this but there's none so.... Yeah. But I might have missed it but I couldn't find it after going through like 5 pages.

I can speak four languages!

• English (duh)
  • Tagalog
  • German (a bit)
  • French (still learning but getting there!)

How about you guys? What languages are you learning or can speak?

I speak Spanish and English.

English and Japanese.

Japanese....well I can't speak it anymore due to a lack of use (but whenever given something to say in Japanese, I'll say it better than most my friends can), but I can understand it perfectly fine. Translation is completely out of the question for me so theres no way I can actually prove that I can simply just understand Japanese. I was never fluent with it anyway.

English is obvious. I grew up in Americaland. I was taught it.

Previously I used to be able to speak some Italian....wish I still knew some, but at least rolling R's isn't difficult to do.

I'm Danish, so my mothertongue is Danish, which is so close to Swedish and Norwegian I can understand those too.

I had English and German in school. Spanish in college. 

I have moved to the Netherlands and I'm currently learning that. But my brain is getting old and mushy :/

Right now, i'm studying Italian for my foreign language credit in school and i'm studying Spanish on my own, so i'll be trilingual someday. And that's discounting any other potential languages I might learn in the future.

Word up, son.

Edited by ReGen

• 3 weeks later...

Meh, Portuguese is underrated. :v

Yeah, I speak Portuguese. Sadly, I don't speak English. I can edit your mind and make you read everything I type in Portuguese, though, so at least I got that going.

Wait? You don't speak English or you can't speak English? If it's the latter, then that's interesting. xD Are you planning on learning on speaking it anytime soon or are you just planning on sticking to knowing how to write in English? Just curious :P

As for me personally, although I am not truly a fluent bilingual, I am currently studying and learning Spanish. And I've studying and practicing my reading and talking religiously. Many hispanohablantes say that my Spanish is great. So I'm definitely motivated to go all the way to reach fluency.

I've also been considering learning French and Portuguese someday as well. :D