Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is something you want to be good at?

FadedSkies

Is there something that your really bad at that you want to be really good at?

Ive always wanted to be a good drawer but i absolutely suck at it. I try to draw some ponies and i end up failing miserably  :o 

Drawing is always something that I've been interested in.

• Brohoof 9

I want to be better at fixing computers. I'm good at it, and I love doing it but I feel like I could be a lot better.

I want to be good at singing, I love singing and I do so all the time, unfortunately not full out most of the time as I try to be quiet so my family doesn't hear me due to being shy about my singing voice, and not wanting them to hear me and get annoyed, I guess I have a bit of stage fright.

Still, i've been practicing when I can for a while to try and improve, and I have improved, but I honestly still only consider myself like half decent at best. 

I'd like to be good though some day, maybe sing some covers of songs and stuff, or just sing for the fun of it or something. i'd just like to be good at singing.

• Brohoof 10

i want to be good a drawing i used to be ok because of art classes i took in high school it takes me forever to draw somthing ok and i cant draw living things.

• Brohoof 2

I want to be good at singing, I love singing and I do so all the time, unfortunately not full out most of the time as I try to be quiet so my family doesn't hear me due to being shy about my singing voice, and not wanting them to hear me and get annoyed, I guess I have a bit of stage fright.

Still, i've been practicing when I can for a while to try and improve, and I have improved, but I honestly still only consider myself like half decent at best. 

I'd like to be good though some day, maybe sing some covers of songs and stuff, or just sing for the fun of it or something. i'd just like to be good at singing.

Singing is actually another thing i really want to be good at but every time i try to sing, my voice cracks every so often  :lol: 

• Brohoof 2

I wish I could create art that actually looks halfway decent. I know it can be done with practice, but I never find the time to work on it.

When I see the amazing art that's posted on these forums, I can't even imagine myself doing that. I wouldn't know where to start!

I watch Bob Ross sometimes and just marvel at his ability.

Singing is actually another thing i really want to be good at but every time i try to sing, my voice cracks every so often  :lol: 

Hmm.. You mean like you fall of the note? Or you mean like voice cracks like puberty voice cracks?

If your falling off the note maybe your starting to high in your range or something, maybe warm up a little before you try to sing, sing some stuff that feels comfortable.

Oh and don't sing from your throat, sing from your diaphragm(Basically like deep down in your stomach is how I think of it. You kind of push your stomach almost, and try to breath in down to there, if that makes sense.) 

Water also helps too, clears up everything in your throat, and makes it much easier to sing! So I always drink plenty of water before and during singing. Keeps your throat from drying out, and keeps things out of your throat so it doesn't clog up or something and make it hard to sing.

Sorry I got kinda rambly, I just wanted to try and help a little ;p.

Also I'm not professional for sure, like I said, i think i'm only like half decent at best, but I have improved, and many of these things I mentioned helped me to do so over time.

I've never taken lessons or anything though, all this has been picked up as tips and stuff online from others or tutorials and stuff.

• Brohoof 5

Hmm.. You mean like you fall of the note? Or you mean like voice cracks like puberty voice cracks?

If your falling off the note maybe your starting to high in your range or something, maybe warm up a little before you try to sing, sing some stuff that feels comfortable.

Oh and don't sing from your throat, sing from your diaphragm(Basically like deep down in your stomach is how I think of it. You kind of push your stomach almost, and try to breath in down to there, if that makes sense.) 

Water also helps too, clears up everything in your throat, and makes it much easier to sing! So I always drink plenty of water before and during singing. Keeps your throat from drying out, and keeps things out of your throat so it doesn't clog up or something and make it hard to sing.

Sorry I got kinda rambly, I just wanted to try and help a little ;p.

Also I'm not professional for sure, like I said, i think i'm only like half decent at best, but I have improved, and many of these things I mentioned helped me to do so over time.

I've never taken lessons or anything though, all this has been picked up as tips and stuff online from others or tutorials and stuff.

Thank you, ill keep those tips in consideration for the next time i bust out to some Katy Perry  :lol: 

• Brohoof 1

Thank you, ill keep those tips in consideration for the next time i bust out to some Katy Perry  :lol: 

Your welcome :D. And haha, ok! Regardless, try to have fun! That is the most important part(well, sounding good is nice too, but if your not having fun, why sing at all?)

• Brohoof 1

i knew a GUY who could sing katy perry right on it was freaky

Like as in the same kind of voice? Or he could just sing the right notes?

Because there are guys with pretty high vocal ranges. Not to mention you can with some practice increase your vocal range, and then there's falsetto, which increases it even more if you use it.

notes and almost perfictly the voice you couldent believe it was coming out of him he was a good bet boxer with good range untill he smoked weed now its too deep

• Brohoof 1

Computer art. I'm quite good at normal drawing but since I don't have a (working) scanner I can't really post it online with good quality. I can sort of use computer software but I need to redraw tons of times before I'm at least satisfied with it, which ends up taking so much time. :\

• Brohoof 2

1. Play an instrument well. I'm literally the only one in my family that struggles with this for whatever reason.

2. Video Editing (I'm actually learning this one now) but it's tedious since I am a process oriented creative type.

• Brohoof 4