Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is something you want to be good at?

FadedSkies

Singing. So that I can do my own vocals for my own songs. Unfortunately, my lung problem isn't letting me.

Anything that requires me to memorize something. I used to be good at this. But ever since I got confined, I've been forgetting alot about things. I even forgot how to use a pair of chopsticks one time. Or how to read the time! But thankfully, those were just temporary dilemmas. D:

• Brohoof 1

Writing GOOD fan fiction. I have many creative ideas for stories, but I want them to be put to good use. Here's hoping that the classes I'm taking this fall will help.

I'd love to become a better writer! I have so many ideas I love to share, but pretty much all of them are either clichéd or would bring some controversial topics. I try my best to improve and learn more on how to write good novels. :P

I want to be good at lockpicking, hacking, and preferably being able to sing worth a damn. Also, a better writer.

Edited by Shift

Drawing:  I would love to learn or have the talent to

draw better which I have tried but the talent is not

there so,  that is one thing I would love to be

good at and all!

I want to get better at digital painting because I want to get into the pre-production industry of both film and video games. I actually also want to get into a bit of post-production stuff.

- Art for me too. I can only doodle. I'm so intimidated by the inevitable suckage of my first drawings that I never want to keep trying!

- Mountain climbing. It just looks so awesome and I can't imagine the rush of accomplishing it. But I'm terrified of looking up vertically at impossibly tall things! UNHELPFUL.

- Mountain biking. I'm kinda scared of this too. I just want to be a badass instead of a constantly-terrified person.

- Sewing, especially knitting and embroidery.

- Dealing with change. Once I make a routine I have real trouble getting out of it.

- Flying planes like Captain Marvel!

- World of Warcraft. -_- I'm like, Okay, at it. I've never done a raid or anything though and I want to.

- Lifting. I want to lift seriously heavy weights, like a badass, but I'm a thin willowy strand of nothing. >_<

- Being happy all the time :) <-- like her

• Brohoof 1

I would love to learn how to draw really good art. I'd love to be able to write great fanfiction. I'd also love to learn how to animate and sew.

• Brohoof 1

Programming - I'm pretty decent with Java, but anything else I fail miserably at. I can modify already made C++ code, since it's similar to Java in alot of aspects, but I can't do anything from scratch with it.

Art - I feel like I did a few decent drawings, but I'm really inconsistent on how I draw things

Singing - I'm too monotonous, I need to expand my pitch range

I'd like to learn how to be a better writer.

A couple years ago, I tried my hand at writing an original story. A few days later, I reread the script, and I realized it was awful. "What was I thinking?" I thought to myself. Looking back at it, I think it's even worse than I remembered.

I decided to give up writing, until the day I take the Scriptwriting course in my college's Animation program (which I'm going into this year).

TLDR: I suck at writing, and coming up with original ideas, but I want to be better at it.

I'd have to say drawing/painting backgrounds.  I'm confident that I'm fantastic at drawing characters now, but backgrounds are definitely not my strong suit.  Once I get a few things wrapped up, I want to start focusing on more environment drawing.

As an aside, for everyone saying 'Drawing' in general, remember that just because you got nothing good when you tried doesn't mean you'll never be good at it.  No quality artist was just magically good at what they do.  It takes time, and it takes learning.  It's a skill, not a talent.  And the two most important words you'll ever read related to art are Life Drawing.  If you're serious about becoming good, take a Life Drawing class.

I'm sure the list could be really quite long, but one of the things I'd like to be good at is typing fast, or rather touch-typing.

I've had a small amount of experience in it, but I just think it'd be overall quite a useful skill to learn for many things, and it would be handy because sometimes it can detract from whatever it is I'm saying because I have to stop and find the keys.

It's likely something which would be easy enough to pick up, but eh.. Who has the time and effort to learn such things these days!  :please: