Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else prefers the night?

Commander Shep-herd

Night time makes me sad and happy at the same time. I'm happy because I'm 10x more productive at night than in the morning, and I come up with my best ideas then too. I really, truly love the night because it's so much different for the day. The lights are beautiful, the sky is beautiful, and there's always this different feel to it that gives me a sense of childlike whimsy.

I've only gone out at night by myself twice in my entire life, and that's what makes me sad. I don't get to enjoy it without feeling on edge. I was raised to be extremely wary of my surroundings, so I can't stay calm when I don't have an authority figure with me or I'm in the safety of a car. It's pitiful, really.

But... on those two solitary nights I've never felt happier, more alive, more content. As much as I enjoy the day, if I could trade it for a night without any fear of strangers, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I guess that would explain why Luna is one of my favorite ponies (:P

• Brohoof 2

For reasons I'm not going to bother getting into atm, I'm completely nocturnal right now.  I'll change back to a diurnal schedule soon, but for now, I'm up all night.  I rather enjoy it.  I like getting sun too, but one thing that I enjoy much more at night is driving.  Operating a motor vehicle is an inherently fun thing to do, but I typically hate driving just because of the traffic and pedestrians that jump out in front of you and things like that.  I get very stressed out by impatient drivers and heavy traffic.  I've been going to my 24-hour gym every night this week at 2am.  I love driving at that time.  Everything is so deserted.  Every turn or lane change that would normally make me tense is just so stress free and easy.  Everything just has such a pleasant, laid back feel.  I love it.  Part of me wishes I could be permanently nocturnal just so I'd never have to deal with traffic again.  And the gym is deserted as well.  I usually have the pool and spa to myself as well, and that's nice.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

Yep, a whole lot  :wub: Everything is so much more relaxing and open at night (well, if you're in a safe place, obviously), it feels so magical and the perfect scenery to traverse the friendly pony forums (and the rest of the internet) with :) It's scarier... but sometimes, scary can be good...  :catface:

I've gone from a sleep schedule of 10PM-6AM to... um, no sleep schedule...  :please: Well, I stay up throughout the nights now that I can; the peace they offer is all worth it, to me  :derp: Plus, it's cooler, meaning I've got more excuse to hang around under the bedcovers, and it works well for me with my aversion to heat too =)

• Brohoof 1

I love the night and the dark because of the mysteries feel it has, but the thing I don't like is that I don't know what is in the dark. Still, I love the night and Luna.

img-3484276-1-luna_in_armor_by_zakbo1337

Edited by Meanlucario
  • Brohoof 1

Sure, I like the night, why? Because........

STARS CANNOT SHINE WITHOUT DARKNESS!

Thank you this inspirational moment was brought to you by SuperBrony87

Also who doesn't like a bit of star gazing on those clear starry nights?

• Brohoof 1

I appreciate the silence of the night. (Asides from the occasional drunkard stumbling home, loudly singing.. >_>) But to be honest I much prefer the early morning when the sun is just poking up and there's a light mist in place and you can see just how empty everywhere looks. That to me is true tranquility. :D

• Brohoof 1

personally if my mom didn't make go to sleep i would stay up all night because i personally like the night better than the day time but sadly i have school and stuff so.....yeah she won't let me....... but i just feel more awake at night....(probably cause i take naps during the day...)  and luna makes everything look better like you said....personally when i grow up...i'm going to be a night owl! stay up till like 8am fall asleep wake up again at 12 until 3pm take a nap 3:30-6:00pm get back up at 10pm-8am and repeat! (man i've planned my life out too much)

• Brohoof 1

As much as I enjoy the day, I find that I am very creative at night. A lot of writing, drawing and brainstorming. Music is (in my opinion) better, reading is more enjoyable and to top it all off, drinking is nicer at night but that's a given. ;)

• Brohoof 3

Well, I've always preferred the night over the day. I find it to be more soothing and peaceful. There are also fewer people on the move during that time. That's why I always go for a walk during that time, clearing my head. 

I also like snow and coldness.

Night, snow and coldness is a great mixture. 

• Brohoof 1

I love both. You need both.

You can't have stars during the day.

You can't have rainbows during the night.

Also to those people going, "the day time sky is just blue, so boring".

Maybe you should stop staying up ALL night so you can witness a sunrise. 83

• Brohoof 1

I know I've already expressed my love for Luna' night but as to why?... Well it has something to do with the fact that it's much more peaceful. It's time when everything is right in the world where it almost seems devoid of mortal life. A long emptiness wrapped in darkness. A temptress that has me enamored to this day. The two things I love more then the dark itself is the moon and stars. In areas of limited to no street lights, the stars are fully visible in the sky. Their beauty left unmatched. I'm almost fully akin to being a nocturnal creature, sleeping at the crack of dawn and being awake for the coming of Twilight when the day and night converge before darkness fully consumes the sky. It's a wonderful sight and wonderful beginning to a long and beautiful night. The winter solstice being the time when the night will last longer and days are shorter... now those are beautiful when we get to enjoy the night for longer periods. I could rant on but I think I've long since made my point.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer
  • Brohoof 1

I love both. You need both.

You can't have stars during the day.

You can't have rainbows during the night.

Also to those people going, "the day time sky is just blue, so boring".

Maybe you should stop staying up ALL night so you can witness a sunrise. 83

You can't have rainbows during the day either. Unless it rains. Rainbows in itself is often a pretty rare occurrence now that I think of it. once saw a double rainbow complete from end to end both ends seemed to touch the earth and the second was less visible. but it was nice.

• Brohoof 1

You can't have rainbows during the day either. Unless it rains. Rainbows in itself is often a pretty rare occurrence now that I think of it. once saw a double rainbow complete from end to end both ends seemed to touch the earth and the second was less visible. but it was nice.

My point is that they are only possible during the day.

Also one of my FAVORITE things you can see in the sky is also only possible during the day.

phylosophy-sunlit-clouds.jpg?w=320&h=257

Sunbeams... nnng, so beautiful...

And they're pretty much a daily occurrence.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

"Night is so relaxing, a time i can open my window, and stare at the infinity, the sky so dark, the time passing slowly, everything and everybody quietly sleeping...

It's the perfect time to open your heart, and chat with yourself, about anything you want...

The night time is what makes me wish i could fly, fly so fast so i could get away, away in darkness with myself, and be happy there, being comfortable laying in the void's soft hands, where no one could ever judge my thoughts, where i would be free, but then i remember i'm just sitting on my window, staring in the sky, so i realise i'm imprisoned in here, then i go to my bed, just trying to not sleep, trying to delay the inevitable, but as always the day comes, i get up, and i do the best i can to be good to other people, if my dream isn't going to come true soon, why shall i don't help others dreams to come true first?"

Just something i wrote to show you why the night is important to me...

Edited by Burning Snow
  • Brohoof 1

I like the night fine, but I find I like it less as an adult. I LOVE staring at the stars and the moon, but that's about it.

Night time for me is associated with the feeling of exhaustion, all-night study sessions, and loneliness, but being unable to call anyone for comfort because they're all asleep and that would be rude. Also there's a little feeling of unease when I walk outside my house at night, and I keep looking over my shoulder as if something is going to grab me.

Edited by ShadOBabe

I love the the feeling of warm sunshine but to me nothing beats a clear, comfortable night with a full moon. I think its just gorgeous to see. Sometimes when its cloudy it kinda looks like brains to me :P.I always thought it neat the way the moons plays with the clouds. Not to mention the stars and all their colors and patterns. I've seen plenty of comets and falling stars. Its always amazing to witness. I enjoy the quiet of night. The fact everyone is asleep but me and my fellow night lovers. Lol its so peaceful...

I totally agree. The night is just lovely. Everything Commander Shep-herd mentioned I love too. Not only that, but I live in one of those places where you can walk along pretty sidewalks that have flowers and trees planted in a garden type thing that goes down the middle of the road. There's dim lighted lamp posts that are pretty fancy looking in between certain areas of the gardening. I just love the idea of being able to walk down those sidewalks where it's quiet at night and maybe even a little bit of rain drizzles. Very peaceful and calm.  :catface:

My point is that they are only possible during the day.

Also one of my FAVORITE things you can see in the sky is also only possible during the day.

img-3484418-1-phylosophy-sunlit-clouds.j

Sunbeams... nnng, so beautiful...

And they're pretty much a daily occurrence.

You got a point there. Next to sunsets on the horizon, that is pretty beautiful... It's like gazing on Heaven's light :D

• Brohoof 1