Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports The football (soccer) season is back!

AtomicStone

Luton did pretty well against Cambridge on Saturday. Funny as fuck too. We were chanting at the Cambridge players that went down "let him die, let him die, let him die" over and of again. When I say we, I mean the luton fans except me, because I haven't gotten to that point in football yet.

Top of the league! Norwich 3 - 1 Blackpool. Was really worried we would be their first win, especially after going 1-0 down. We really struggle in the first half for some reason. Have had to come from behind to win 3 times in the last 4 games. Oh well, 3 points are 3 points :D:D 

Hey Flutterbro, thanks for Brightons draw today, slipped Forest up for us haha :lol: Scary thing is Ipswich are 4th... Hopefully that won't last.

• Brohoof 1

Bayern Munich got another win today; courtesy of the awesome Mario Gotze again. :D

Come Tuesday, ONTO MOSCOW!!!!

• Brohoof 2

We need a striker that can actually score goals.. Mackail-smith is a hard worker but he isn'twhat we need up front. Our centre back is the top scorer for us so far with 2! Things need to change or Hyypias job is going to be under threat!

• Brohoof 1

Not a fan of sports, but I do listen to what goes on. My local team is the Bills, and they haven't made the playoffs in almost 20 years. Kind of sad.

Not a fan of sports, but I do listen to what goes on. My local team is the Bills, and they haven't made the playoffs in almost 20 years. Kind of sad.

Specifically in the 1999 season.  While not my #1 overall team, they are my fave in the AFC East.

Watched The Man City/Roma game last night, some good stuff and absolutely delighted to see Totti getting a wonderful goal (at Hart's expense by slipping  :lol: ). City will probably get 6 points against CSKA but if Roma even get a point out of the double header with Bayern I think City will struggle to get through the group.

Arsenal tonight and they badly need to win. All things point to the fact they should beat Galatasaray, but after the Spurs game at the weekend and the likely impending thumping from Chelsea this weekend, one can never be too sure.

Celtic play Dinamo Zagreb tomorrow and after the encouraging game against Salzburg they've been back to looking like a bunch of no hopers in the league. I was fairly confident about this game before, but now I'm not too sure  :huh: any kind of win would be a good one for this.

Norwich's home form really needs to improve. 3 points from 9 is not good enough, and we really should have beaten Rotherham today. No disrespect, but we dominated them from the very start. Somehow we have better form away from home than actually playing on our turf. 

2 weeks till the next game... I hate international breaks.  >_>

• Brohoof 1

So pretty much called it with the Arsenal. As soon as Chelsea roll around, with Mourinho in tow, a sound beating is on the cards. I'm not one who jumps on the Wenger Out bandwagon and I'm far from suggesting that it's something that should happen right now, but it's games like these that really make me question him and wish for some change. He just flat out refuses to learn from his mistakes and to change things, he's just so stubborn. He knows how Chelsea and Mourinho are going to play, he knows how other teams have had success against Chelsea in the past, he surely knows the limitations/weaknesses and strengths of his own players, so why doesn't he actually do something about it? Wenger was a revolutionary even up to about 10 years ago, but once everyone across the Premier League and Europe not only copied his ideas, but improved upon them, he's been left in the dust. He's failed to keep up with the changes to the game and has refused to alter his own approach. I'm genuinely concerned that a top 4 finish may be out of the question this season. The only thing that has been reassuring is Liverpool's extremely patchy start, Man Utd too, but watching Utd now I get the feeling they're going to have enough to start to turn this around. I think Spurs will get better as the season goes on as Pochettino gets them used to his style and finds the right players, so I think they'll be more of a threat.

Speaking of teams totally under performing: Celtic. Lost at home to Hamilton yesterday. An absolute disgrace of a team. First time they've lost at home in the league for just over 2 years. I don't know if it's the players or the management, but more likely both, I honestly believe that if the likes of Dundee Utd or Aberdeen manage to stay relatively stable in form someone else could actually win the league.

San Marino will claim only their 2nd ever win tonight, you heard it hear first folks. 

lol jks, it'll be a good chance for England to find some form tonight, and some shooting practice. Although I do feel bad for San Marino, must be hard for them.

That is the face of the greatest Englishman/human to ever live.

Watch who you're talking to.

Don't disrespect the Wele.

One, he's a soccer player, which means very little to me.  Two, he's an athlete, which means little compared to people who are actually important, especially compared to all over the past millennium.  Three, even if you were right, it's still a creepy face he had in that pic.

With that being said:

I have a radio program through my university, in which the first 20 minutes of my hour focuses on sports.  Since the MLS season is almost over, I have been covering what's been going on in terms of division standings.  Even though I don't care for soccer, the playoff picture is kind of fun to watch.

Edited by Washougal_Otaku

Why Norwich why... We NEVER beat Fulham... Hence why we lost 1-0 today. Dropped down to 4th but atleast Ipswich didn't go above us. 

All I'm going to say is wow Southampton... Wow :lol:

One, he's a soccer player, which means very little to me.  Two, he's an athlete, which means little compared to people who are actually important, especially compared to all over the past millennium.  Three, even if you were right, it's still a creepy face he had in that pic.

With that being said:

I have a radio program through my university, in which the first 20 minutes of my hour focuses on sports.  Since the MLS season is almost over, I have been covering what's been going on in terms of division standings.  Even though I don't care for soccer, the playoff picture is kind of fun to watch.

I was kidding about that.

Anyways, look who saved our asses again.

Alexis Sanchez and Wele.

It's gonna be a long season...

• 2 weeks later...