Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why the movie is good

Seshiria

Okay, so most people hate Equestria Girls. And I can totally see why. 

BUUUUUT, I don't. I actually like it. And I thought I'd share my reason with you.

First off, the biggest reason that makes me like the actual show is the characters.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT? IT'S THE SAME CHARACTERS IN THE MOVIE OH MY GOSH

But also, I saw a video from some kind of panel from a con. Sadly I can't find that video, but they said something about that Equestria Girls is based on US.

We keep making human-fanart, so Hasbro went like "Oooh, so THAT'S what they want!"

And BOOM, we had EG.

And then I noticed that a lot more than that is based on us bronies.

First off, the opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmDH7I4VFv0

The song/remix is totally inspired by the remixes we make, and the video reminds you of videos we make, too.

And then, they keep making references to us bronies the whoooole movie.

You'll have to check that out yourself  >_> 

And I guess I've just always liked these kind of shitty things...

And of course it still has it's child-based parts too.

I mean, it's still about a toy for little girls after all.

mlfw2778_medium.png

• Brohoof 3

The movie isn't bad by any means. It's flawed but it's not terrible. It had a few good jokes, some heartwarming scenes, some pretty good music and great animation. I don't think the designs for the human characters were that bad either, some of them are pretty cute.

It's got a bit of a rushed ending and Sunset's plan doesn't really make any sense at all. It also has some other flaws like Flash having too little personality and some things were a bit too generic, but it's not awful by any means. I'm hoping they improve upon it with the sequel.

Edited by BasementPrincess
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, so most people hate Equestria Girls. And I can totally see why. 

BUUUUUT, I don't. I actually like it. And I thought I'd share my reason with you.

First off, the biggest reason that makes me like the actual show is the characters.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT? IT'S THE SAME CHARACTERS IN THE MOVIE OH MY GOSH

But also, I saw a video from some kind of panel from a con. Sadly I can't find that video, but they said something about that Equestria Girls is based on US.

We keep making human-fanart, so Hasbro went like "Oooh, so THAT'S what they want!"

And BOOM, we had EG.

And then I noticed that a lot more than that is based on us bronies.

First off, the opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmDH7I4VFv0

The song/remix is totally inspired by the remixes we make, and the video reminds you of videos we make, too.

And then, they keep making references to us bronies the whoooole movie.

You'll have to check that out yourself  >_> 

And I guess I've just always liked these kind of shitty things...

And of course it still has it's child-based parts too.

I mean, it's still about a toy for little girls after all.

img-2972588-1-mlfw2778_medium.png

I liked it and never really understood the hate, however I never thougt of it like this. thanks for sharing this :)

• Brohoof 1

The movie isn't bad by any means. It's flawed but it's not terrible. It had a few good jokes, some heartwarming scenes, some pretty good music and great animation. I don't think the designs for the human characters were that bad either, some of them are pretty cute.

It's got a bit of a rushed ending and Sunset's plan doesn't really make any sense at all. It also has some other flaws like Flash having too little personality and some things were a bit too generic, but it's not awful by any means. I'm hoping they improve upon it with the sequel.

Yeah, that's true. I don't think the sequel is going to be that good actually, I've seen the clips from it and..well, the songs aren't as good and those designs...NO.

But I'll watch it for the characters, they seem to have some pretty great moments.

Yeah, that's true. I don't think the sequel is going to be that good actually, I've seen the clips from it and..well, the songs aren't as good and those designs...NO.

But I'll watch it for the characters, they seem to have some pretty great moments.

The clips or the shorts? I'm pretty sure the shorts aren't actually going to be in the movie, they're just like little prequels that tie in. I've watched them all, though I haven't seen any of the actual clips. I liked most of the songs in the clips though, and while the designs weren't all that good, I found them good in a bad sort of way.

Though it does have a few things I find kinda ridiculous.

I have to admit I was one of the EG haters. But after I had seen the movie, it wasn't bad at all.
Well, it wasn't a good movie either, you don't have to analyse it too thoroughly. But at the end it was really enjoyable.

And it shortens the waiting for a new MLP season :)

Edited by Pinklady
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I don't see why they call the designs awful with a face like this  :wub:

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyways, the movie itself was good overall, not a masterpiece, but it was not bad, in fact, I just saw it yesterday again  :yay: . While the dresses of the girls might be an overly stereotypically girlish, personality wise, were the same as our favorite equine counterparts, so, points for that. I loved Sunny's designs, but was quite a bland villain.

I didn't mind Flash Sentry at first, just being one more character that's there and happens to have a mutual crush with Twily, he has become one of my favorite ponies around. The reason is that, I always found amusing how to this day, people still rages at his mere mention  :lol: . In fact, he's the only background pony I've ever come with a nickname: "Waifu thief"  :lol:, for being one of the main reasons for his hate 

Remember something kids, no matter how much you hate EG, WE SPAWNED IT 

I think that the movie was pretty good. the character designs were ADORABLE, and I really liked the transformation scene where the girls "ponied up" or whatever. I'll admit, the movie had a cliché plot/setting, but no movie is perfect.

I pretty much adored the movie. My only problem with it was Flash Sentry. Otherwise I loved it. Especially the music. I found all the music in the movie to be totally awesome  :wub: . 

Also I liked the human art style. 

Serving fans shouldn't become the number one priority when you're writing anything. I appreciated and welcomed all of the references, and I agree with others in regards to the animation and designs, but the story should take prevalence. This film's storytelling felt like an afterthought. Also, "it's a toyline for little girls," or "it's for kids" in general is not an excuse for piss-poor production.

Much better than the show imo

>One hour cash is better then a four season long show

I don't care for both of the series anymore, but if I had to pick which one was more entertaining, it woupd definitely be the one one that doesn't have one part.

>One hour cash is better then a four season long show

I don't care for both of the series anymore, but if I had to pick which one was more entertaining, it woupd definitely be the one one that doesn't have one part.

I found the movie to be more original, much more enjoyable and with better songs.

And probably that I could finally take it seriously, maybe because the problem was realistic or because they were humans.

One thing I don't understand... is Twilight going to go back to the human world? If so why?

Yeah Twilight is going to be going back to the human world in the next movie ''Rainbow Rocks''. She will be going because of some evil girls trying to harvest negative energy from everybody. I'm really looking forward for the next movie since it will mostly be about music  B)

I would like to enjoy it, but it has about as much enjoyment as a medieval torture device...that has you on the receiving end. Hence why I just consider it to not be an MLP film at all and just a knock off of those rubbish Twilight films that nobody cares about.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the film was great as I said previously however something about rainbow rocks seems off for me

What seems off to you? I'm very interested. Is it that the movie is going to be focusing more on music then before?