Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Some things that make no Sense in EG

LongGoneGr

So basically after watching it (and I thought it actually wasn't too bad) a few things stuck out like sore thumbs to me.

Firstly; Why is Big Mac the only humanized character to have an actual Skin Color? This makes no sense especially when every other character (even those without an equestrian counterpart) have colorful faces.

Secondly; How is Twilight the only major character (that's a pony) that doesn't already have a human counterpart? It doesn't make any sense!

Thirdly: Why do so many characters have age changes: The Crusaders, diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Photo Finish all have changed age for some reason; Photo Finish is clearly meant to be slightly older than the mane 6 yet she's in high school with the rest of them. On the other hand, the Crusaders and the other little ones seem to only be in around 4th Grade yet they become high school students for this. And here's the Kicker; Big Mac and Cherilee are the same age yet Mac is a mere student while cherilee is a teacher? HM?

Post your thoughts here.

• Brohoof 2

Firstly; Why is Big Mac the only humanized character to have an actual Skin Color? This makes no sense especially when every other character (even those without an equestrian counterpart) have colorful faces.

There's actually a very good reason for this. Just like Cheerilee's skin turning to a lighter magenta, if Big Mac has red skin, then he could be seen as a caricature of Native Americans, which would cause a major PR nightmare. He doesn't get the criticism as a pony because deep red fur comes off much more naturally as animals than deep red skin.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

And there's a native Twily in the human world, since Pinkie asked Twily that she saw a twin of her with a dog exactly like Spike, so, there's your human Twily

But then why isn't she a student in Canterlot High? Why does no one recognize her?

• Brohoof 2

Really?

Okay first Canterlot High is basically Equestria for humans.

The writers wanted to make this seem like the same thing as Equestria, but to do that they had to change the ages of some of the characters

and Big Mac isn't necessarily a student we only see him delivering cider.

But then why isn't she a student in Canterlot High? Why does no one recognize her?

Human Twily might live in the same city, but evidently, doesn't study in Canterlot High  

• Brohoof 2

I'd answer these all, but everyone else beat me to it... Anyways...

What I think makes no sense, is why is it whenever someone plays something "cool" on an instrument in Rainbow Rocks, they turn into furries?  :wat:

• Brohoof 1

I'd answer these all, but everyone else beat me to it... Anyways...

What I think makes no sense, is why is it whenever someone plays something "cool" on an instrument in Rainbow Rocks, they turn into furries?  :wat:

The magic of Hasbro's lazy writing friendship.

On a side note, why can Twilight go through the mirror, but her friends can't? Especially since we know there's another Twilight in the other universe, it seems a little...convenient.

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 1

Ms. Cheerilee is supposed to be the same age as Rarity.

The human characters accepting that Twilight is a pony princess from another world? That would not happen in real life...

The setting for Equestria Girls was created by Pinkie Pie. There, you know why things don't make sense in that movie now.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

The setting for Equestria Girls was created by Pinkie Pie. There, you know why things don't make sense in that movie now.  :lol:

Eh. Good enough of an excuse for me. I can go go home now. 

Why does the DBZ style fight scene not contain any martial arts?

Precisely what age are these characters?

Why do human Scootaloo and human Dash know each other? Why are the human CMC friends, when only their lack of Cutie Marks drew them together in the first place?

Ms. Cheerilee is supposed to be the same age as Rarity.

And Pinkie too, she showed up in another flashback as a filly in Pinkie Pride. Now that we're into characters ages. I'm surprised how no one wonder the ages of the sisters. They look mid 30s at most, but their pony counterparts are over a 1000 yrs old

Edited by Zekromic

Why did Sunset want to zombify/demonize inexperienced highschoolers into her new army, when the Marines or something would've sufficed much better?

ummmm, maybe because thay can't use guns with hooves?  :huh:

You forgot about one thing: How did Shimmer manage to frame Twilight, and put glue over pictures that obviously don't fit with the pictures? Either Shimmer doesn't know about Photoshop, or Luna doesn't know what Photoshop is. Point is: That world needs Photoshop!!!

Nothing makes sense in that dimension. I think it was probably an experiment created by Discord at some point but abandoned and left to its own devices after he was turned to stone, which accounts for the alternate world versions of every pony in the Equestrian world. Maybe Sunset Shimmer knew that and wished to draw the alternate versions into the real world and then somehow that would create even more chaos in her favor?

• Brohoof 1

This doesn't make any sense at all, but at the end of the movie Sunset Shimmer threatens to smash the portal. The thing that doesn't make sense is that if she tried to smash it, wouldn't the hammer just go through the portal like everything else?  

This doesn't make any sense at all, but at the end of the movie Sunset Shimmer threatens to smash the portal. The thing that doesn't make sense is that if she tried to smash it, wouldn't the hammer just go through the portal like everything else?  

She could have smashed a side of the statue I guest

Edited by Zekromic

Secondly; How is Twilight the only major character (that's a pony) that doesn't already have a human counterpart? It doesn't make any sense!

Thirdly: Why do so many characters have age changes: The Crusaders, diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Photo Finish all have changed age for some reason; Photo Finish is clearly meant to be slightly older than the mane 6 yet she's in high school with the rest of them. On the other hand, the Crusaders and the other little ones seem to only be in around 4th Grade yet they become high school students for this. And here's the Kicker; Big Mac and Cherilee are the same age yet Mac is a mere student while cherilee is a teacher? HM?

Twilight had a human, she just lived in another place.

Sunset Shimmer had no human that we know of, so that's a mystery *coughcoughshekilledhercough*

They just wanted to fit everyone into the show.  

Maybe it's a weird combined school.  They used to have one school for all the different grades long ago, and maybe they still have that in small towns.  I can see them living a pretty small town that's not big enough to build 3 different schools.

Was Big Mac a student?  I don't think I saw him in the movie at all except delivering the boxes with Applejack, which he could have just been helping her carry them.  Doesn't mean he's a student.

Twilight was in a different town before she moved to ponyville and met everyone.  The human Twilight probably either hasn't moved there yet, or just isn't living the same life as pony Twilight and will NEVER move there (pony Twilight was only in ponyville because Celestia told her to).

On a side note, why can Twilight go through the mirror, but her friends can't? Especially since we know there's another Twilight in the other universe, it seems a little...convenient.

They can, Celestia told them not to.  Spike even went through with Twilight.

Edited by ScumCandy
  • Brohoof 1

She has and Pinkie said that "Do you have a twin sister... bla bla bla". She isn't present there at that time that's all.