Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NHL 2014-2015 Thread

Fair point; I have some faith the team can surprise people this year.

I also hope that Fleury's confidence issues will be over with as well. I may be mistaken, but it seemed like he tended to lose confidence at key points of the season.

Regardless, his performance last year was FAR better than the year before.

• Brohoof 1

Regardless, his performance last year was FAR better than the year before.

That I won't argue with. I did notice some improvement there. :)

• Brohoof 1

He'll get it. His job is on the line this year. He's going into the last year of his contract, and the GM is in no rush to resign him. He'll have to shake it.

That I won't argue with. I did notice some improvement there. :)

• Brohoof 1

He'll get it. His job is on the line this year. He's going into the last year of his contract, and the GM is in no rush to resign him. He'll have to shake it.

AH! That I didn't realize! Now it'll be interesting to see how he responds to that! Good look Fleury! :)

• Brohoof 1

AH! That I didn't realize! Now it'll be interesting to see how he responds to that! Good look Fleury! :)

Only thing is, if he loses his job, I don't know if there are any higher-end goaltenders with expiring contracts other than Fleury.

• Brohoof 1

Only thing is, if he loses his job, I don't know if there are any higher-end goaltenders with expiring contracts other than Fleury.

Which is a legitimate concern. Fleury has been crucial to our success in the past, and we'll likely need that in the future coming. To be fair Zatkoff has shown he can be a quality goaltender when the time arises, but he needs to work on his consistency some.

• Brohoof 1

Which is a legitimate concern. Fleury has been crucial to our success in the past, and we'll likely need that in the future coming. To be fair Zatkoff has shown he can be a quality goaltender when the time arises, but he needs to work on his consistency some.

Only time will tell. Not to mention the looming expansion.

• Brohoof 1

Only time will tell. Not to mention the looming expansion.

What do you mean by expansion? That might be something I missed...

• Brohoof 1

They're talking about adding 4 new teams by 2017. Las Vegas is a done deal, along with Seattle, Quebec City and Toronto.

Wait! There are two Pittsburgh fans here?

O-o

There goes the neighborhood

:D

Just kidding

Pretty much.

• Brohoof 2

Wait! There are two Pittsburgh fans here?

O-o

There goes the neighborhood

:D

Just kidding

HUSH YOU PHILLY FAN!!! :P

They're talking about adding 4 new teams by 2017. Las Vegas is a done deal, along with Seattle, Quebec City and Toronto.

Pretty much.

Four new teams!? That news I missed. And here I thought it was only MLS who was expanding!

• Brohoof 2

HUSH YOU PHILLY FAN!!! :P

Four new teams!? That news I missed. And here I thought it was only MLS who was expanding!

I have 2 issues: 1. The divisions and conferences will still be uneven, and 2. TORONTO DOES NOT NEED ANOTHER TEAM!!!

And for the record: CROSBY'S BETTER (clap clap, clap clap clap). AT least he doesn't grab butts for fun.

• Brohoof 1

I have 2 issues: 1. The divisions and conferences will still be uneven, and 2. TORONTO DOES NOT NEED ANOTHER TEAM!!!

And for the record: CROSBY'S BETTER (clap clap, clap clap clap). AT least he doesn't grab butts for fun.

A second team in Toronto? That's news to me...I mean, was there even any interest? That makes no sense...

Now, I was aware of Quebec & Seattle's interest for a while now, but Vegas is a new one for me as well. I knew MLS was targeting an expansion team for their league, but not NHL.

• Brohoof 1

Well, they said either KC or Toronto. I'd rather see KC

Ditto. Being a big fan of MLS' Sporting Kansas City, I could see the hockey team fitting in there well enough.

A second team in Toronto...I dunno...:/

• Brohoof 1

Not sure I think that expansion is a good idea ... at least just yet. I can almost understand Vegas since they have been chomping at the bit for a major sports franchise for YEARS, but I'm not sure expansion is in the best interest of the league right now. I actually feel the same about the NFL ... but that is a whole 'nother story.

• Brohoof 1

Not sure I think that expansion is a good idea ... at least just yet. I can almost understand Vegas since they have been chomping at the bit for a major sports franchise for YEARS, but I'm not sure expansion is in the best interest of the league right now. I actually feel the same about the NFL ... but that is a whole 'nother story.

I would agree. Now, I can understand the MLS expanding as the interest has been growing and there are investors willing to take the risk.

The NHL...kinda surprises they'd risk it after the issues they had with Atlanta & Phoenix.

• Brohoof 1

The NHL...kinda surprises they'd risk it after the issues they had with Atlanta & Phoenix.

Yep! We lost a season because they didn't have their fiscal house in order with that whole lockout ordeal. I do not want to see that nonsense again.

• Brohoof 1

Yep! We lost a season because they didn't have their fiscal house in order with that whole lockout ordeal. I do not want to see that nonsense again.

Agreed. The NHL lost some fans with that nonsense. They don't need to take too many risks here.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yay my Canucks won their first game! But I won't honestly be impressed until they can actually beat teams like LA, Chicago, Boston, and San Jose. They need to get back to their 2011 form.

Also, saw some of the Pittsburgh game and it looks wild, haha.