Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NHL 2014-2015 Thread

*puts on my St. Louis Blues hoodie* 

Postseason was a disappointment last year, but I have a strong feeling this year for my Blues. Still waiting for that first Stanley Cup but I have a good hunch that it'll come soon ^_^

*honks horn 3 times* Lets go Blues! :D

Well thanks to the Penguins for letting go of two defenseman, guess we will see later in the playoffs if you should have done that.

Uh, did you see the Penguins score tonight? You forgot coach Reirdan too.

Along with the score, that was a GREAT overall performance by the Penguins. I had some doubts and the team still has some tests to face this year, but this performance against a heavily favored Ducks side should calm quite a few nerves for now.

Uh, did you see the Penguins score tonight? You forgot coach Reirdan too.

I think coach Reirdan is better than old coach Johansson, but still think the majority of the credit is placed on Trotz. And yea, I also remember the way they scored last year in the playoffs at the end of the Rangers series, and I didn't think your forward group changed that much. I know there is a change in coach which could be better in the long run,but won't know for a while.

We lost Glass, Stempniak, Gibbons, Jokinen, Vitale, Engelland, Jeffrey, Niskanen, Orpik, and Neal was traded away.

Downie, Comeau, Greiss and Ehrhoff were signed, and Hornqvist and Spaling were in the Neal trade. New coach and a new GM. There were sweeping changes. Tonight's lines were Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist, Dupuis-Sutter-Malkin, Comeau-Goc-Downie, Sill-Spaling-Adams. D-pairs were Ehrhoff-Letang, Maatta-Martin, and Scuderi-Despres, with the Flower in net.

Edited by Smash N Dash

We lost Glass, Stempniak, Gibbons, Jokinen, Vitale, Engelland, Jeffrey, Niskanen, Orpik, and Neal was traded away.

Downie, Comeau, Greiss and Ehrhoff were signed, and Hornqvist and Spaling were in the Neal trade. New coach and a new GM. There were sweeping changes. Tonight's lines were Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist, Dupuis-Sutter-Malkin, Comeau-Goc-Downie, Sill-Spaling-Adams. D-pairs were Ehrhoff-Letang, Maatta-Martin, and Scuderi-Despres, with the Flower in net.

The D is improved, and it is yet to see if coach and GM are long term improvements. But I believe that forward lineup is worse off, Neal is a better sniper than Hornqvist is, Kunitz and Dupuis are another year older and I think the Jokinen loss could hurt a fair bit. We will shall see though.

Hornqvist had the first goal tonight. Comeau chipped one in too, and it was clear puck possession worked out a lot more than the old dump-and-chase, especially considering it was the Anaheim Ducks.

*puts on my St. Louis Blues hoodie* 

Postseason was a disappointment last year, but I have a strong feeling this year for my Blues. Still waiting for that first Stanley Cup but I have a good hunch that it'll come soon ^_^

*honks horn 3 times* Lets go Blues! :D

We're both in the same boat, waiting for our first cup. :P Blues should have a good chance at it. Oh what I would give to see the Canucks holding up the cup. 

Haha.

I don't follow hockey as much because I'm pretty busy and can't watch all the games, but I hope the Pens do well. ^_^

Wait! There are two Pittsburgh fans here?

O-o

There goes the neighborhood

:D

Just kidding

Make that three. :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't follow hockey as much because I'm pretty busy and can't watch all the games, but I hope the Pens do well. ^_^

Make that three. :)

Pens are 2-0 on the season right now.

I feel sorry for Oilers fans.

Their team is a mess. Yeeesh!

On another note, why must they schedule the Canucks next game a week from the last one, feels like forever, haha.

Good start for the Preds this year, Rinne is looking sharp and the team seem more attack minded thankfully under Laviolette, here's hoping this continues! 

A friend of mine has wanted to get involved with NHL fandom, so we have decided to support an ECF team together (Maple Leafs)...well...thats been a mixed bag so far XD 

There's 2 ways the Pens-Isles game can go tonight, and it's either the Pens running away with it, or the Isles running away with it. Not looking forward to it.

From a neutral perspective, I love this matchup. Unpredictable and entertaining hockey (from 1 team at least) :D

From a neutral perspective, I love this matchup. Unpredictable and entertaining hockey (from 1 team at least) :D

I think it depends on whether or not Dupuis plays tonight. If he does, they'll be alright. If not, first line basically has to put the team on their backs.

I think it depends on whether or not Dupuis plays tonight. If he does, they'll be alright. If not, first line basically has to put the team on their backs.

I hope so, I'd like Penguins to win. Even if they did destroy the Leafs earlier on, its always nice to see the good teams do well :)