swords  

74 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite swords

• Western swords
    • Spanish swords
    • Chinese swords
    • I hate swords!
    • Other

I think swords are cool, tell me. or if you hate swords, tell me also........I might respond. I like the Katana. Because Japanese folk lore! :yay: 

EDIT: the poll has been changed, if you want to revote, do so.

Edited by The Boring Legend
  • Brohoof 4

Swords have been romanticized too much in my opinion. I know they look cool, but sometimes they overdo it. I I where to pick a sword, I prefer a short one, but I pick a combat knife over any sword if melee weapons only. Besides, you can still use a gun with a knife 

kabarshort.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I've owned several swords, however none of them were greatswords or anything similar.

The first I owned was a Rosewood Shirasaya

The next was a replica of one from an anime

Third was a Black Shirasaya 

Fourth was a katana that I can't remember the specific name for

They all were battle ready full-tang and really sharp

• Brohoof 2

In case of the Francisca and Scramasax, it is not that their name is based on the people who used it (franks and saxons); but their great utility in battle brought about many victories, so it was actually that "the franks" means "the francisca using people", and the same for the saxons. They named themselves after the weapons they capitalized on.

Also, one quote i cannot forgo

"I don't know why people say a double-edged sword is bad. It's a sword. With two edges." —Kamahl, pit fighter.

I gotta say, i've always been fond of the samurai swords, Spanish Rapiers, and the Spartan Sword

I'm pretty sure lightsabers take the proverbial cake here.img-2989707-1-lightsaber.jpgimg-2989707-2-Lightsaber-cutaway.jpg

Yes......YES. We cannot forget lightsabers, ;)

• Brohoof 1

Swords have been romanticized too much in my opinion. I know they look cool, but sometimes they overdo it. I I where to pick a sword, I prefer a short one, but I pick a combat knife over any sword if melee weapons only. Besides, you can still use a gun with a knife 

img-2989816-1-kabarshort.jpg

How about them ballistic knives?

In all seriousness, I like swords but don't forget they're weapons too...

Except for lightsabers.

A lightsaber is more of a symbol and a tool and less of a weapon, as the Jedi only use violence as the last resort.

• Brohoof 1

Except for lightsabers.

A lightsaber is more of a symbol and a tool and less of a weapon, as the Jedi only use violence as the last resort.

I've only seen the 3 original Star Wars (IV, V and VI), they were using them as weapon (for example Darth Vader vs Obi Wan Kenobi...) Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I love swords! Once I get a bit more money, I want to collect them. I must point out a little thing to the OP though... The list of swords is VERY small xD There are countless of different swords. Maybe you should rework the poll to be something like: "Asian swords, western swords, middle eastern swords, etc". It is still prett much inaccurate, but It give people some more choices.

From the list I chose the greatsword, because I like two handed swords. I have a HEMA training long sword myself (Not a steel one, though) and it rocks! I really like indian swords... Can't forget the katana, of course, even though I think it is overrated and the fan-boys kinda ruin it for me. Still, I would really love to own a big katana.

I've only seen the 3 original Star Wars (IV, V and VI), they were using them as weapon (for example Darth Vader vs Obi Wan Kenobi...)

This is true, but like I said, they're everything else first and weapons last.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite is the broadsword xD
For me its a bit of a lazy weapon, being the large person I am I can handle it very easily yet I barely even need to put any effort into it to get a ridiculous amount of force out. Much amusement :P

The kinda broadsword im talking about is viking style broadswords, double edged, thick weapons of mass cleaving. Not particularly fancy but hey, its nice.

I've only seen the 3 original Star Wars (IV, V and VI), they were using them as weapon (for example Darth Vader vs Obi Wan Kenobi...)

Plus even if they are used as weapons, they are swords, not guns, therefore they are mostly angled towards defense
Aside from yes, the epic saber battles.

• Brohoof 2

I have some really cool looking replica swords and a assassin's weapon.

This is my Katana with a dragon detail on the handle.

post-28764-0-51699000-1408288835_thumb.jpg

post-28764-0-40032000-1408288837_thumb.jpg

This my sword with a snake art on the hilt.

post-28764-0-44462700-1408288838_thumb.jpg

This is my Dragon Sword.

post-28764-0-54143400-1408288839_thumb.jpg

post-28764-0-49823400-1408288840_thumb.jpg

This is my sword used by my inner demon, Xanthis.

post-28764-0-52891000-1408288841_thumb.jpg

post-28764-0-56131300-1408288842_thumb.jpg

This my Assassin's Blade.

post-28764-0-54336800-1408288843_thumb.jpg

post-28764-0-13944200-1408288844_thumb.jpg

This is the lower part of my Katana Sheath. (Oddly it's down here.)

post-28764-0-58852100-1408288836_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer
  • Brohoof 2