Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any FtM Bronies?

Visual Spectrum

I feel like I don't get taken seriously because I'm a transman, but I like girl things. I like looking good, I like watching My Little Pony, I like feeling fabulous. I am heterosexual (meaning I like girls.)

Not only do I like My Little Pony, my favorite character is Rarity. People said, "If you like My Little Pony, then why don't you stay a girl?" 

I cannot simply stay female because I never was female. I don't really fit into either gender socially, I have an androgynous style, but I am feminine. I like pretty things and things girls usually like. I'm not into sports or violence. 

Is there anyone else going through the same struggles? I really don't want to cause any problems. If this may cause problems, please lock this thread. 

• Brohoof 4

Well you are who you are, you need to let those close to you understand there's a difference between your gender, and the things your interested in(gender expression). People have a hard time grasping these things if they've never learned these things but try not to let it get you down even if you know they'll keep asking the same questions. :)

*I just noticed i say things alot :derp:

Edited by MaybeRepunzel

I've met quite a few people that are like you but more o the side of wanting to become a female.
There is also a band I listen to that has someone just just you, the name of the band is Steam powered giraffe.
They've also been through similar struggles but there are quite a few people that don't mind people that have that type of mind set, that including me.
The best thing is to man(joke not intended...maybe) up to it and do what you want to do.], you'll bump into people that don't mind you and appreciate you rather than making rude remarks such as telling you to stay a female.

Vis, we actually sound like the same person. I don't bodily identify as female even though I was born that way, but I too have an androgynous style. I consider myself FTM (sometimes I use Genderqueer too) and I've never met any other FTMs. :( But I'm happy now because I've met you :) I want to get some surgery done but probably not bottom surgery because I don't want to take hormones right now and be outed to family. :( Even though I suffer from extreme dysphoria and do hurt myself because of that.

How are you doing today? Very happy to meet one of my fellows ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Vis, we actually sound like the same person. I don't bodily identify as female even though I was born that way, but I too have an androgynous style. I consider myself FTM (sometimes I use Genderqueer too) and I've never met any other FTMs. :( But I'm happy now because I've met you :) I want to get some surgery done but probably not bottom surgery because I don't want to take hormones right now and be outed to family. :( Even though I suffer from extreme dysphoria and do hurt myself because of that.

How are you doing today? Very happy to meet one of my fellows ^_^

I'm doing fine. I know male bronies are common, but not FTM bronies. I do want bottom surgery, and I'm out. I have no hormones nor surgery though .

You are who you are, and don't every be ahamed of that. Your interests are part of what make you unique. I'm a girl, I like MLP, Pokemon, being pretty, even shopping, but I also like autoracing, getting dirty outside, and Skyrim. Recreational activities shouldn't be gender-related, they should be individual-related.  :)

• Brohoof 1

I suppose in some ways I'm a little like you, OP, except that I was born male, so I didn't feel a need to change.  I was born a hetero male, and that's exactly who I'm suppose to be.  However, I do have a much stronger feminine side than most men.  I like a lot of feminine things, I'm really into fashion and dressing up.  I design a lot of my own clothes that challenge normal gender roles.  I'm making something right now that's basically a dress, so to speak.  But I don't care.  That's what I want to wear.  But I also wear jeans and t-shirts, or slacks and a blazer.  I like MLP, but I also like God of War and Game of Thrones.  My point is that there is no correct way to be, no "suppose to".  People can like anything they want to.  People used to think that gender (meaning masculinity/femininity) was completely black and white, one side or the other.  Turns out it's an infinitely sliding scale with and infinite amount of combinations/possibilities.  Some people still feel confused or threatened by that.  But however a person chooses to live, and whatever kind of gender they have is fine.  You're wonderful just the way you are.  Always be true to who you are and be proud.  Hope that helps a little.

• Brohoof 2

That was hard for me to keep up with. :P

Anyways, don't be ashamed of who you are. I don't go through the same exact struggles, but being a brony has its struggles.

I'm also a devout Christian, so I know how you feel when you feel that you don't fit into social norms.

Just be who you are.

I have an FtM friend, he's one of the best guys I have ever known. He isn't anywhere near being a Brony, though.

I know there are or have been a couple of others on this forum. I don't know if they're still here. It's hard for me to keep up anymore. Sorry. >.<

Edited by Envy