Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you meet your special Somepony?

Yurikun

I'm going to put this here but if it is wrong then let me know.

I just curious for all you taken Colts and Fillies out there. How did you meet your special Somepony? was it because of the Fandom or did you know Him/Her before?

I ask because I recently decided it was time for me to try dating again and I'm interested in how you all met each other.

post-28932-0-53169000-1408335016_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

We met in the first class on our first day of university. :)  Both of us were the type to show up way earlier than necessary so we had the room to ourselves for a while and started talking.  He was there first, and when I walked in, I thought it would be rude to sit on the opposite end of the room and avoid him haha.  Since we sat near each other, we were placed in a group together for a presentation and he skimped out on all the work!  I ended up nagging him so often about this that he sort of made it up to me by making sure to help out for the rest of the semester.  He's been stuck with me since 2008 ;)

• Brohoof 8

Iv'e been single for a while now, but the last one i had in my life was my best friend's younger sister. We met when we were kids, and i sorta used to jokingly tease her a lot when i slept over at my pal's place, but it sorta evolved and mutated as years went by. Oddly enough, she made the first move. I guess she was too desperate to go for me back then, and I was too dense to notice these things back then.

It didn't end spectacularly, but let's leave it at that.

I don't have a special somepony

Well, even though I'm not in a relationship, I do have special someponies in my life in the sense that they have comforted me and helped me change for the better as a person. Nevertheless, in the way the OP suggests, I don't have a special somepony. I'll probably have one someday, but now's not the time for that.

I'd love to hear these sorts of stories though, especially if you're a forum couple! I have the forum couples thread for that! :squee:

• Brohoof 1

family set up.... they thought we would be a cute couple.  My cousin was dating his brother, now married to him. My aunt gave him my number, and after a few weeks, when I was convinced he wasn't interested, he called, and we had lunch, thatwas last October.

I haven't met mine yet. 

Well, I had one, but I messed things up, probably forever.  :(  He was my bestest friend from elementary school, then we got separated at jr high.  Then we found each other after high school.  Then we got together, and he said he had to move to another state, so it didn't work out.  But he ended up getting a job here and not having to move and asked for me back, but by then, I was with someone else, but I was only with this person because he threatened to hurt himself if I left.  And then after I finally left him, my special somepony just wouldn't talk to me anymore.  And now years later he is with someone else, so I just decided to leave him alone.

Edited by ScumCandy

I met mine during a play rehearsel after school when she looked at me and said derpy as I was wearin a derpy hooves lanyard. I looked down and she was wearing a fluttershy shirt and I went, "oh um... hi!". One month later we started dating and have been for nearly nine months now. So yeah, MLP brought us together.

• Brohoof 2

Oddly enough, the old abandoned Slender: The Arrival Development Forums... I commented on her artwork, and things took off from there... She's actually the one who got me into this fandom... And now I'm in one of the most complicated positions in my life!

I met my girlfriend around 4-6 years ago. We went to elementary and middle school together, and we were best friends. Long story short, a few months ago, I confessed that I had feelings for her and apparently she had feelings for me as well, so yeah, now we're dating. She's the type of person I actually wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with.

• Brohoof 3

Whew .. this would be the longest post I have ever made if I told you this story. Um, quick version?

Parents were divorced. Dad in Philly where I lived most of the time. Mom in Florida where I live now.

Met this girl in Florida while I was down here in summer with my Mother. We both worked during the summer at a movie theater. We hated each other. Well, she hated me anyway. Ended up seeing her around in school when my parents decided to let me spend part of my last two years of High School between PA and FL. Somehow, because of mutual friends, she saw I wasn't a jackass 100% of the time. We had a will they or won't they thing for a while according to my friends. We graduated and I went to Penn State. We kept in touch. When my father passed away, I finished my semester and transferred to UCF. Both of us enjoyed a close friendship that evolved like these things tend to do. I was 20 at the time that we become an official couple.

Within a year I was certain that she was the one. 

At 20 she asked ME out.

At 21 I proposed after hearing her play her clarinet.

At 22 we graduated and got married

At 23 we had our first daughter

At 24 we had our second daughter

At 37 she is so very mad at me because I just told her how much BABScon is going to cost.

It's important to know that there were dozens of things that if they didn't go JUST right ... man. No wife, no kids. Love is out there guys, it found me.

And yeah ... that's the short version.

• Brohoof 8

At 20 she asked ME out.

I will have to hope for something like that will happen to me too, because I don't think I can ever gather so much courage to ask girl out. I just don't see it happening. 

I wish best of luck to you who have found your true love and I want you to really enjoy it. And I'm always happy to see when people have success in their love lives it just makes me wonder that what the love feels about.

Being loved is my biggest dream...

• Brohoof 1

I will have to hope for something like that will happen to me too, because I don't think I can ever gather so much courage to ask girl out. I just don't see it happening.

I wish best of luck to you who have found your true love and I want you to really enjoy it. And I'm always happy to see when people have success in their love lives it just makes me wonder that what the love feels about.

Being loved is my biggest dream...

I was extraordinarily shy as well. However, I like to think that serendipity had a bigger role. I eventually became more outgoing but still introverted. At the moment that I realized that I couldn't see myself without her in my life, I made that decision ... shyness be damned.

There may come a moment where you have an opportunity ... take a deep breath and jump ... seize it

• Brohoof 3

There may come a moment where you have an opportunity ... take a deep breath and jump ... seize it

If there is an opportunity and I should be the one to make the first move, I just start to think "What if she doesn't like me?" and stuff like that. I'd be scared that she won't accept me. I would be destroyed if that happened and if I still managed somehow to overcome that fear there is another and that is when I open up to someone I become so vulnerable that they can easily hurt me.

And what comes to feelings I have really hard time expressing them. I've never told anyone how I really feel about things I just say what they like to hear so they'd stop worrying about me.

Sometimes it feels that I'm in some kind of prison, because I can't say things that I would like to say.

I lately have been trying to accept that I won't find anyone to partner up with, but still it feels that something is missing from my heart.

That's why I'd like you to enjoy your love on my behalf too so I can be at least a little happier.

I don't know if the boy I'm with Is my special some pony but after all the disasters I've been with his the one that makes me feel happy, loved, beautiful, inspired, free and everything possible. I've been with him for a month and almost a week

I met him online on VampireFreaks he lived nearby so I bussed to meet him one day and it ended up being really fun. It sounds fast but he asked me out a few hours before I went home and I didn't feel awkward or attached to some side thing so I said yes. I don't regret being hasty

I met my sweetheart in... middle school. ;) Before G4 existed by a lot. But we were into the same series at the start, which brought us together. It started with the YA series Animorphs and graduated to anime like Gundam Wing and Sailor Moon. The rest, as they say, is history. ^_^

I tend to have this... well...  Misanthropic attitude regarding "the people of today."  I don't know if there's anyone out there who I would (on more than a superficial level) truly find attractive.  This would imply that they're not a selfish asshole, which a gross majority of people today are.  I'm sort of grossed out by humanity in general, so...

post-6560-0-81921100-1408442449_thumb.png

Lul sorry I wrote this when I was upset.
Edited by John

I had known them for a while already but I never knew how to ask them so I talked about it to my friend..who then told them and awkward conversation ensued. But nevertheless they said yes. It's been bumpy here and there but I love them and they love me so it's worth it. It really started to feel like a relationship too around January.. but ehm.. yeah that's how it happened

have had 1 gf so far, we meet in(i dont know how it would be called in english, probably middle school?anyways, we met when i was like 15 years old)

we met because at that time, we had a common friend and he introduced me to her.

as i am an extremely shut-in person, it probably goes without saying that she approached me and we spent a few happy months together(okay, the final weeks were not so happy)

since then, ive been pretty lonely and havent met a single girl that i like. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes, special somepony...

You mean that second shadow that always follows you? Never had it. If I wanted to have someone to talk to I'd buy a parrot. If I wanted to go on somewhere with someone, I'd go buy a dog. If I wanted to be relaxed, I'd buy a cat.

I never needed someone special in my life. I tried it once, it was quite horrible for me at the time.

• Brohoof 3

Every relationship I have been in even since high school or the 3 in total I have been in were all awful experiences...

3-5 months at most was the longest they lasted and each girl I dated cheated on me so yeah I am kind of sick of relationships or giving any effort into the matter. I stand idle as of now very stagnant 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't have a special someone, but I'm never closed to the idea. I was in an online relationship from late 2003 to mid 2007, and those were some of the best times of my life.

So yeah, I'm single, but that can change, so yeah. :)

• Brohoof 1